Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942588 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #10950 on: December 18, 2012, 03:42:10 am »

"Well, you just volunteered yourself for the job. You're the only 'human' one here anyway."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10951 on: December 18, 2012, 03:54:20 am »

(I'm not sure how recent my cheat sheet stats are, but I think I still have penalties to speech and such.  Are you really sure you want me to announce us?  Because if so I'm just going to leave it up to a speech roll for the lulz.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10952 on: December 18, 2012, 03:59:36 am »

(I have at least a -2 to speech IIRC. You're probably better off than I am. :P If you really want, though, you can pass it off to Pyro; I don't think Simus has any penalties, although I could be wrong.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10953 on: December 18, 2012, 04:03:22 am »

"...I'm going to delegate this task to Simus."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10954 on: December 18, 2012, 06:42:41 am »

((I do believe I do have penalties, I just don't make my action vague. Actually saying what you want to say instead of leaving it to a speech roll can be a very good idea.))

All right, though I suggest you guys turn off your external mics for  moment, I'm going to have to make it loud. Anyone got the name of the colony? I know you asked that guy from the government sector, Feyri.

((Drozden III, but that's not IC knowledge. Don't think it ever got shared, so only Feyri knows.))
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 06:45:09 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10955 on: December 18, 2012, 07:38:13 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - C Block entrance

"Everything burnt, biohazard suits... Hmmm... Didn't McDude say that the Scientists were burning people in the housing blocks? Do you think that's what happened here? Do you think that 'Scientists' is the name of their gang or are they actually scientists? Because I can't imagine crowbar wielding scientists in biohazard suits looting homes and burning people alive. They usually use giant robots or abominations for that." Oh great, now I've begun to joke about corpses and death...

Start searching the closest houses for anything not burnt. If the exosuit is to big to enter houses, stand outside and keep watch for any sign of movement.

@Stacy:"Stacy, didn't you say you heard something on the radio, but the signal wasn't strong enough to make out the words, because it came from further down? Do you want to try again? Maybe we're in range now."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:46:31 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10956 on: December 18, 2012, 09:22:11 am »

@Stacy:"Stacy, didn't you say you heard something on the radio, but the signal wasn't strong enough to make out the words, because it came from further down? Do you want to try again? Maybe we're in range now."

"Good thinking there! I did say that, didn't I?"

Check radio frequencies for anything interesting. You know, other than juicy teammate gossip. Follow Miyamoto while I do this.

"Looks like whoever these scientists were, they meant business. Place is burnt up good. Wonder if anyone's alive or if we got the easy wing again."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10957 on: December 18, 2012, 10:34:58 am »

"You think they've got a trap up there?"
Heat vision, X-ray, then head on up. Carefully.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10958 on: December 18, 2012, 11:17:45 am »

((Drozden III, but that's not IC knowledge. Don't think it ever got shared, so only Feyri knows.))
((I suppose anyone who was nearby also knows, McDude didn't whisper it.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Stick to the sides, avoid being in the open. Don't die at least until we are closer to getting the job done." Milno said, moving to the sides.

Start to move slowly ahead from cover to cover, and if lacking cover, move crouched to the side of buildings, looking inside and around.

Blare at full volume: "People of Block B, we were sent to rescue any survivors from whatever happened in this colony. All of you will receive clemency for any crimes as long as you surrender peacefully. Answer to our call and do not attack, because we are authorized to return fire at any hostiles."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10959 on: December 18, 2012, 11:49:13 am »

Brother Lars spoke some quiet prayers over the radio while following Saint Milno.  "O Pathmas, may your will fall in our favor!  Steve, guide us with your gentle green light!"

He would have to study the book further to look for gods of diplomacy.

Follow and assist Milno.

((Lars doesn't know the HMRC well if he thinks there are gods of diplomacy.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10960 on: December 18, 2012, 12:23:04 pm »

((Lars doesn't know the HMRC well if he thinks there are gods of diplomacy.))

((There probably is one, though. Puny, weak, stunted and barely worshipped, perhaps, but nonetheless a god of diplomacy.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10961 on: December 18, 2012, 12:49:53 pm »

(( Hey!
I've long wanted to post this, so here it is:
Diplomacy is one of the preferred HMRC ways, when it is possible, of course. Because persuading opponents to surrender, for example, means no wasted ammo, no stray shots and wounds, and less collateral damage. Which is a competent action in my book, and the Competence is perhaps the most divine and desired among all the virtues revered by the HMR Corpsmen. All the more that even our command is apparently encouraging and perhaps even selecting for that sort of behavior.
Truly diplomacy is nothing to be looked down upon. Of course, that is if we shun the ways of Bumbling, Greedy and Murderous Idiot. ...Well, pity. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10962 on: December 18, 2012, 01:00:32 pm »

Stop, double post.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 02:05:30 pm by Harry Baldman »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10963 on: December 18, 2012, 01:01:48 pm »

"Enough messing around! Let's do this!" Bishop stated, seeing how the team just hung around doing nothing with no instructions from the team leaders.

Breach and clear the area, scanning the place with my motion sensors for movement.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10964 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:24 pm »

((Truly diplomacy is nothing to be looked down upon. Of course, that is if we shun the ways of Bumbling, Greedy and Murderous Idiot. ...Well, pity. ))

((Mostly everyone in the HMRC is either bumbling, greedy or murderous by nature or by the HMRC's nurture. Because of this, competence is indeed a rare trait, and the main reason people idolize the AM and Milno. So peaceful diplomacy is definitely not the HMRC way. Diplomacy accompanied by grisly violence and loot-making opportunities, however, is.))
Pages: 1 ... 729 730 [731] 732 733 ... 1256