Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943995 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #10935 on: December 17, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »

Flint, the design looks almost fractal in nature. Most efficient use of space, something that an underground colony like this needs to have. Why make it a big rectangle and have to build the walls back again, eh?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: December 17, 2012, 04:10:37 pm »

Jim leads his team into Block A, breaching the door on the right.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:16:46 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10937 on: December 17, 2012, 04:14:22 pm »

((Just a reminder to team leaders: say which door you want to breach.))

"Well, if this was this world simulation game that I used to play, before it became self aware anyway, where you're overseeing the construction of an underground fortress run by drunkards, I would not have built my housing area that way."
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:15:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: December 17, 2012, 05:16:30 pm »

Team D - Lukas

Lukas immediatley turns to Faith after receiving the orders. "Shall I take point?"

Follow Faith's orders but whatever they are, hold door like a shield
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: December 17, 2012, 06:47:54 pm »

"Do you think we should split up to cover both corridors?"

'I think it's safest if we stay together. We're gonna do the top side first, clear it room by room, then move up to the bottom side. Let's get going team.'

Examine corpse, then enter the upper hallway to C block.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10940 on: December 17, 2012, 07:56:43 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Advance carefully if you want to stay in one piece. We'll all stay together, I'm taking point." Milno says through the comms, advancing in front of his team.

Take one of the doors to Block, open carefully and advance the same way. Activate the motion sensor and use Emp's bludgeoning staff to check for traps. Left door.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: December 17, 2012, 09:04:47 pm »

[Team B Albino = May]

Follow Milno and rest of team. Still be super secret spy.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: December 17, 2012, 09:36:12 pm »

... hold door like a shield
(This means you are invincible.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: December 17, 2012, 09:46:37 pm »

Follow orders and Milno.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: December 17, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »

"That would be a good idea when breaching each smaller block, but not the houses. You're probably too big to go inside, so you'll have to watch from the street.

And triangles are great for design! One of the strongest shapes in nature and all that jazz. Plus, the blocks are made of smaller squares so don't get ya panties in a twist Flint."

Prepare to breach D block!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10945 on: December 18, 2012, 02:16:17 am »

Team A

Jim leads his team into Block A, breaching the door on the right.

Examine the body., then proceed with the team into Block A.

I think it was block B that had crackdowns going on at some point?

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Yeah, I'm already lost."
Wait for door breach, then enter after the area beyond has been cleared.

Simus goes to examine the body but Jim grabs her by the collar and drags her toward Block A. They Breach through the right door but it rapidly becomes obvious that it wouldn't have mattered which door they picked: the doors are only a dozen feet apart and they both lead to the same large thoroughfare. On either side of the street are homes, some of them single small homes built into the stone, others are large multilevel things, like small apartments. Trash litters the streets, broken glass from windows, plastic wrap and thin blister pack packaging; even a door, ripped from it's hinges and thrown into the middle of the street, lying strange  and out of place. The upper windows of the taller buildings look down on you, black and empty.

There isn't a single sound other then the crunch of glass beneath your boots. 

Team B

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Advance carefully if you want to stay in one piece. We'll all stay together, I'm taking point." Milno says through the comms, advancing in front of his team.

Take one of the doors to Block, open carefully and advance the same way. Activate the motion sensor and use Emp's bludgeoning staff to check for traps. Left door.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

Follow orders and Milno.

[Team B Albino = May]

Follow Milno and rest of team. Still be super secret spy.

[Team B Sniper: Thomas: Elevator]
Upon hearing Simus, Thomas swallows drily. He frowns nervously and shifts on his feet.
"Oh. Let's be careful then?"
Use the heat detecting lenses to try and get a peek into B block before entering. Relay the information about any located life forms to the rest of team B. If hostilities commence when we enter, open fire.

Milno and Co walk into the B block after trying and failing to scan for life signs from the outside. The main street of B block is in ruins: bullet holes torn through thin metal walls, windows broken out, the contents of homes thrown into the streets, couches, chairs, dressers, broken plates and plastic bits all scattered pellmell on porches and into the street. Farther down the main road the team can see bodies, lots of bodies, laying in the middle of the street.

Everything is quiet.

Team C

'I think it's safest if we stay together. We're gonna do the top side first, clear it room by room, then move up to the bottom side. Let's get going team.'

Examine corpse, then enter the upper hallway to C block.

Stacy, Team C Garlicman, Elevator.

"Plenty of places from which to get shot at, seems like. Well, after you, Big Spoon."

Follow behind Miyamoto. Be very, very quiet and unassuming, but watchful. More watchful than any have been before.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Main Elevator

"Triangles? Who the hell designed this place? What happened to good old squares? Young people these days, always want to do things as difficult as possible..."

Check the body for weapons or info. Follow the team. Stay in the rear so that a) I'm not the first to be seen b) so that I can check our rear for ambushes. If ordered something else by Miyamoto do that instead.

The team stops to examine the body by the door. The entire upper left side of the body has been burnt beyond recognition, leaving barely anything but charcoal and blackened bone with a thin coating of melted plastic from the brunt bio-hazard suit. There are no weapons or identifying marks on the body, other then the fact that it's wearing a bio-hazard suit, so it's probably not straight Civ; maybe government, maybe doctor.

The road beyond the doors is just as burnt and ruined as the man outside. Everything, absolutely everything, is coated in ash and soot; the insides of the buildings the team can see have been burnt back and black streaks stain the area above doors and windows where fire burst forth and licked the metal but couldn't escape the flammable innards of the building. Every step into the place raises a fine cloud of gray soot and the entire place quickly adopts a faint haze as the burnt remains, left undisturbed for who knows how long, are stirred into the air one final time.  On the streets, near doorways, hanging from windows or just in the open, are bodies, charred black and twisted in strange, frozen poses, clawing at the air or curling into balls.

Team D

"That would be a good idea when breaching each smaller block, but not the houses. You're probably too big to go inside, so you'll have to watch from the street.

And triangles are great for design! One of the strongest shapes in nature and all that jazz. Plus, the blocks are made of smaller squares so don't get ya panties in a twist Flint."

Prepare to breach D block!

Team D - Lukas

Lukas immediatley turns to Faith after receiving the orders. "Shall I take point?"

Follow Faith's orders but whatever they are, hold door like a shield

Everyone in D team gets ready to do a thing. They don't actually do a thing, but god damn they are really ready to do a thing.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: December 18, 2012, 02:22:44 am »

"Everyone, on me. We stick together. No wandering off. We'll clear these houses one by one, moving as quickly as possible. Loot anything you want, but make it fast. Got it? Let's go." Jim said, going for the first house on the right.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: December 18, 2012, 03:14:33 am »

Team D - Lukas - still at the elevator

Lukas decides not to wait for orders any longer and carefully moves onto the street of the D block.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: December 18, 2012, 03:16:10 am »

Check around with heat-vision, then breach the first house block in the upper part of the block.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: December 18, 2012, 03:31:21 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"I've got a bad feeling about this.  Hold up.  Whoever's the charismatic one here should announce as loudly as possible that we're here, why we're here, and that we mean no harm, we're only here to help.  Just in case."
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 1256