Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944353 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10740 on: December 13, 2012, 11:38:12 pm »

To Stacy: Lab accident involving illegal technology in the same R&D center that me and my freelance team were working in. They probably got everyone who survived, which probably wasn't that many. I wouldn't know, they got me much later, and I was mainly out cold in the interim. I had the worst damage of anyone coming out of it, ended up with three limbs and most internals being synthetically replaced, since I went back in a couple times to get everyone I could out of the area. Fire is nothing to play around with in an arcology, especially when it appears to have no source. My theory is that someone in the labs was working on a microwave field manipulator or amp, which are both illegal tech that could make such a massive inferno out of nowhere.

And now I'm a full prosthetic because Jim went a little overboard with his microwave amp. The irony of it all.

To Lars: Not one for religious stuff, but I'll be among the last to stop you.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10741 on: December 13, 2012, 11:58:50 pm »

Lars bowed his head.  "Well, if you change your mind, let me know.  Allow me to say a little prayer for you..."

Lars continued without waiting for a response.  "O Cog-azaon, we beseech thee!  Please grant Sister Simus a speck of your infinite knowledge, that she may find the true path in her constructions!  Thank you for your many wondrous blessings!"

Pray for the lost.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10742 on: December 14, 2012, 12:10:36 am »

I((Urrrrgh sorry for not posting, I've been redonkulously tired lately and have been having a hard time keeping up-to-date with Bay12. Here, have a simply, bland action.))

>Hurry to catch up with the reast of the squad! Mainly Sambo, actually. He's seems to be one of the sanest of the lot. Yes, it is that bad.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10743 on: December 14, 2012, 12:25:12 am »

>Hurry to catch up with the reast of the squad! Mainly Sambo, actually. He's seems to be one of the sanest of the lot. Yes, it is that bad.
((What? No, Faith is right here! In fact, help me crack this skull open to get at the delectable meats within. We can all be sane together!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10744 on: December 14, 2012, 12:33:05 am »

To Stacy: Lab accident involving illegal technology in the same R&D center that me and my freelance team were working in. They probably got everyone who survived, which probably wasn't that many. I wouldn't know, they got me much later, and I was mainly out cold in the interim. I had the worst damage of anyone coming out of it, ended up with three limbs and most internals being synthetically replaced, since I went back in a couple times to get everyone I could out of the area. Fire is nothing to play around with in an arcology, especially when it appears to have no source. My theory is that someone in the labs was working on a microwave field manipulator or amp, which are both illegal tech that could make such a massive inferno out of nowhere.

And now I'm a full prosthetic because Jim went a little overboard with his microwave amp. The irony of it all.

"Ah, I see. So, you were sent to the HMRC because somebody else set fire to your lab. Makes sense, I suppose. Me, though, I'll be damned if I can remember why I'm here. Seems like just yesterday I was celebrating my fiftieth birthday, cake, friends and family included, and I'm on the ship the very next day. It's quite jarring, really. I hope I at least did something to be sent here."

"But enough about me. Tell me about this Jim fellow. He sounds rather dangerous."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10745 on: December 14, 2012, 01:17:28 am »

Head towards the prison entrance with the rest of the group.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10746 on: December 14, 2012, 01:27:22 am »

Ok, we seem to have a bit of a "Faff-about-convention" going on here with everyone either following someone or going to the same place so:

Teams Everyone.

Somehow, its not entirely clear how, every single person on all the teams, comatose, lazy or otherwise, finds themselves standing in a big, confused crowd just at the entrance to the prison area.

The prison itself is much like the Police station, just a great metal front of a building with barred windows and a heavy duty pair of metal doors for an entrance. It doesn't have so much as a sign or any identification as to what it is: It's just an enormous steel wall with a half dozen visible windows. The front doors have been left slightly ajar.  It looks like there are two levels, judging from what can see from the outside. There are very faint bloody footprints near the doorway.

IN OTHER NEWS:
Faith discovers that the information being fed to Command is probably coming from her helmet cam, in the same way that steve always seems  to see whats happening in missions!

Sambo steals a pistol that he has no right to claim!

May's attempts to woo Milno by roleplaying as a sexy nurse/mechanic are foiled!

Everything is fine with Thomas (Razors don't have limits of use and his gen pack has been recharged for a long time)!

Milno deposits Mr.McDude in an APC!

Lars continues to Preach,  much to everyone's disdain/entertainment/annoyance/hasn't even noticed it.

Jackinthebox clearly forgets what the definition of sanity is!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10747 on: December 14, 2012, 01:31:42 am »

(Thanks for getting us back on track. ^^^ I was getting bored of the directionless faffing about. :P)

Jim took point, heading in slowly and cautiously.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10748 on: December 14, 2012, 01:36:01 am »

Lars looked around.  "Are we trying diplomacy or just action?  Do we know if there's anyone even here?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10749 on: December 14, 2012, 01:41:01 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"How are we doing this?  Move as a big group, two squads, or four fireteams?"
Either way, wait by the door until the rest of Team A is inside and clear.  Have my cutting torch, monorazor, and advanced kit ready for quick use.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10750 on: December 14, 2012, 01:56:15 am »

"We wait and see if someone shoots first. If they do, I'm retaliating. If someone hails us, we'll use diplomacy. And if nothing happens, we keep going until something does. Now, I'm going first. Heavy armors behind me. Full prosthetics behind them. Light armors next. Anyone with a shield after them. And anyone with only a standard suit stays in the back, just in case. Let's go."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10751 on: December 14, 2012, 03:15:45 am »

"We wait and see if someone shoots first. If they do, I'm retaliating. If someone hails us, we'll use diplomacy. And if nothing happens, we keep going until something does. Now, I'm going first. Heavy armors behind me. Full prosthetics behind them. Light armors next. Anyone with a shield after them. And anyone with only a standard suit stays in the back, just in case. Let's go."

Lukas - Team D

"Retaliation sounds fine."

Follow close behind Jim. Retaliate if there is an opportunity, but do not shoot if there is a risk of hurting Jim.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10752 on: December 14, 2012, 04:17:25 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Prison Area

"I say each team takes a floor and a side. For example Team C: 1st floor left side."

Go to the entrance or follow the leader, whichever gets me further. Oh and red alert, shields up.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:56:20 am by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10753 on: December 14, 2012, 04:19:25 am »

"Nothing wrong with that suggestion, but let's wait until we've secured the entrance to plan that," Jim responded, keeping his eyes on the building ahead.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10754 on: December 14, 2012, 04:42:26 am »

"Nothing wrong with that suggestion, but let's wait until we've secured the entrance to plan that," Jim responded, keeping his eyes on the building ahead.
"The sooner we plan things the better. Didn't you see how long it took us to regroup? Anyway, better to have a plan that may change then no plan at all. But I agree that things may change once we get  there."
Pages: 1 ... 715 716 [717] 718 719 ... 1256