Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940948 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10620 on: December 10, 2012, 03:39:46 pm »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Police Department.

"I'd advise shooting or melting that door from a distance, if you want to. There's no real reason they couldn't have mined two doors with the veritable craploads of explosives they may have had."

Retreat from closed door back to the entrance of the Police Department area. Examine my camera as I do so.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10621 on: December 10, 2012, 03:56:48 pm »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - the Fortress of Explodage
Go stand near Flint, give moral support
You give Flint a hug. And a firm pat on the butt.
Flint looked at the man trying to hug a charred, bloody (no, literally bloody, as in covered in blood) mining exosuit with a look of utter puzzlement. Well, at least he didn't give me a spoon. This can be considered... friendly. And not at all inappropriate. Not at all. I mean who would be into robots? "Okay, okay, I missed you too, now cut it out. There's no need to start a bromance here."

"Here's what I'm thinking, unless anyone wants to shoot the door with their WMD of choice I'm going to try to make a handle for our superbots here, so that they can pry the door open. I don't think there will be any problems. I mean, how many explosives can they have?"

Try to use the chisel on the seam of the door (or someplace appropriate if a seam doesn't exist) to make a handle so that Miyamoto can pry the door open. Help pry the door open if needed. Stop and retreat if anyone decides to shoot the door, or if ordered to stop.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:23:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: December 10, 2012, 04:05:56 pm »

((...I'm getting confused whether we should torture the guy or not.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"Try telling them more, like the fact they are to be granted clemency for their actions.." Milno said to the man, adding his own touch by blaring his external comms at full sound:
"The blueshirt here is correct. We have been sent here as part of a rescue mission to take to safety every civilian we are able to get our hands on. We are also allowed to retaliate with lethal force if you do not cooperate with our attempts to save your sorry asses. The group over at the government district suffered heavy losses until they surrendered to us, but now they received clemency and were safely led to the APCs. The big guy here can assure you this is the truth. Do not make our mission harder than it already is, you do not want to face us."

Talk to the man and order him around. Again. Buzz away with the big guy in tow if they try to take down the door, create handles or anything of the like.

"Here's what I'm thinking, unless anyone wants to shoot the door with their WMD of choice I'm going to try to make a handle for our superbots here, so that they can pry the door open. I don't think there will be any problems. I mean how many explosives can they have?"

"That may open or damage the door if you miss, triggering any explosives." Milno pointed out.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: December 10, 2012, 06:27:27 pm »

"That-"
Lead May on ahead. Try and get to Milno.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: December 10, 2012, 06:29:27 pm »

"That-"

Acquire piggyback ride from Thomas.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: December 10, 2012, 06:40:34 pm »

'You know, the amp users could just try to melt the door away. Or at least the center area. That way, any explosive present should be safely detonated from a distance, and if not we will notice it is there. Or maybe we can use our mining laser on it to cut a hole, that thing is rechargeable anyway. Anyone got a better plan?'

If we go through with the plan, stand well back from the door and behind some wall. If not, examine the door/doorway closely, especially try to spot weak structural points.

'Flint, you probably don't want to stand too close to that door, for all we know it is boobytrapped too. Let's open that sucker from a good distance, shall we?'
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:42:47 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: December 10, 2012, 07:02:35 pm »

"That-"

Acquire piggyback ride from Thomas.
Help her up.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10627 on: December 10, 2012, 07:16:02 pm »

Stand a good distance away from the door until someone shoots is open.

((Should have been a bit more specific in my action. Oh well. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: December 10, 2012, 08:10:48 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Explosion Tunnels

"Oh, so that wasn't you... how'd you get a hold of the Governor, then?

And yeah yeah, Governor Magister, corrupt important guy who's in charge of everything within a jump of himself.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Sorry about, uh, murdering a lot of your friends and probably murdering a lot more when we break into that fortress."

She paused for a few moments.

"You think you're gonna be alright up there?"

Talk more.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: December 10, 2012, 08:13:13 pm »

"Remember that the official version, as you may have heard, is that we are granting all of them clemency." Milno said over the comms, remembering someone could screw up somehow.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: December 10, 2012, 08:35:01 pm »

Opening a private channel with Milno and Simus, Kyle reported in

"Well, the datapads were just the governor's records, but one thing is rather interesting about them. It seems that this colony was heavily in debt for a long time, until they started making massive profits from an unlisted source. I'm afraid there's not much in the way of specifics, but it's almost certainly illegal activity, and there's a good chance it might somehow tie into the cause of all of this. Anyway, did you find much of anything, Simus?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: December 10, 2012, 09:02:57 pm »

Private channel: Nothing new in the center building, and we'll be lucky if anything managed not to be either buried, obliterated, or full of holes in the left building. I'm just going there to see how much damage I did with two shots.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: December 10, 2012, 10:15:43 pm »

Check the last building- the one I'm not in nor full of dead love slaves.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: December 10, 2012, 11:31:07 pm »

Bishop hummed in thought as he examined the fused door. Definately a problem, considering the booby trapped door they had just handled before.

"Yeah, it's fused shut from the explosion so we need to either cut it or tear it off. I'm not cutting it incase it's trapped too, so you guys can sort it out. I think that the amps are our best bet for handling this safely."

Take cover a good distance from the door and keep an eye on it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10634 on: December 11, 2012, 01:21:09 am »

"I don't think explosives are going to be a problem. Look at how the door has bowled in from the explosion. If there was a bomb there with the same trigger mechanism it would have exploded by now."
Pages: 1 ... 707 708 [709] 710 711 ... 1256