Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940211 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10485 on: December 08, 2012, 08:36:40 am »

Wake up.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #10486 on: December 08, 2012, 08:38:53 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno stares at the man and tilts his head. "Do you wanna go on foot?"

Take their leader to the police building (if allowed, buzz over there while carrying him slung over the shoulder).

To Teams C and D:
"Moving over there with the guy."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: December 08, 2012, 10:30:51 am »

((Typical, I forget to post an action. >.>))

Bishop swallowed and took a deep breath. Odds were that they weren't up here and were downstairs, hiding in some doutlessly heavily fortified room. Hopefully.

"Keep up Sambo. We've got to clear this whole floor before Lukas shoots down the main door and possibly takes out the whole front of the building, and us with it."

Start clearing the whole floor, room by room. Start with the end I'm closest to and work my way across. Stay on high alert, they might be waiting in ambush or have various nasty traps in wait. Make sure not to stand directly infront of any doors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: December 08, 2012, 10:41:46 am »

Brother Lars stared at Mesk, dumbfounded.  "Mesk, with that brand of medicine, surely Emar-i will forsake you!  Bend to his path while you still can!"

((Lars clearly hasn't been around Mesk very long.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: December 08, 2012, 11:01:46 am »

I'm going to go and look about where they were. And Lars... there's no convincing Mesk. Not even when he kills people with his techniques.

Explore the building I didn't explode.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: December 08, 2012, 11:03:22 am »

Lars facepalmed.  "Oh Steve, watch over us.  Algis protect us, Emar-i forgive us, and may Pathmas see fit to grant us his favor..."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: December 08, 2012, 11:09:48 am »

Choosing not to comment on Mesk's medical techniques, Kyle address Simus. "There's always a chance that a couple of them might have stayed behind, I'll come with you."

Follow Simus.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: December 08, 2012, 11:21:40 am »

Considering that we're going to the building I didn't blow into oblivion first, I'm inclined to agree. And if we do meet further hostilities...

Simus hefts her XGL, with the Chemical grenade loaded.

I feel bad for them, because they would die most horrifically.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: December 08, 2012, 11:28:14 am »

Lars looked on.  "Don't forget we have four more floors to clear, as well as the prison on this level."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: December 08, 2012, 11:48:14 am »

[Team A Sniper: Thomas Harrison]
[Team A Teamkiller - Mesk]

"Another fine day's work.  Somebody help me carry these two... Thomas, carry May, I'll take this one."
Take May and Bruce to the APCs.
"But I was..."
Thomas stands and gently lifts her, cradling her from the knees and shoulders like a newborn. Stepping carefully, he follows Mesk.
"You think we can trust them?"
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:55:12 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: December 08, 2012, 12:20:18 pm »

Lars, I think the people we just sent back were the former inmates of the prison. Somehow, I don't think we'll find terribly much resistance there. As for below, nobody knows. But, I'll bet that there's only one or two more dangerous areas, and probably no insanely dangerous ones. The worst would probably be the mines, if the miners are still alive and have the same disposition to us as they appear to have had for the people upstairs.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:53:12 pm by PyroDesu »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10496 on: December 08, 2012, 12:58:58 pm »

We are broadcasting and accepting requests

http://www.justin.tv/piecewise666

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10497 on: December 08, 2012, 03:45:16 pm »

Wake up.

You wake up in Thomas's arms with a hell of a hang over and an aching stomach but otherwise fine.

[Team A Teamkiller - Mesk]

"Another fine day's work.  Somebody help me carry these two... Thomas, carry May, I'll take this one."
Take May and Bruce to the APCs.

You grab one of Bruce's arms and drag him to the apc along with the last of the Blueshirts, whistling a cheery tune before hurling the body in with the criminals.

"Be good now, brucie!" You shout before slamming the door shut on a bunch of very confused men.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno stares at the man and tilts his head. "Do you wanna go on foot?"

Take their leader to the police building (if allowed, buzz over there while carrying him slung over the shoulder).

To Teams C and D:
"Moving over there with the guy."

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

The man declines being carried like a sack of flour so you just walk him down to the other area. Once there he walks over to the front door and starts yelling.

"Come on out guys, Gov-sec is gone, half the guys are dead. You might as well just give it up."

There is no response. The man shrugs.

I'm going to go and look about where they were. And Lars... there's no convincing Mesk. Not even when he kills people with his techniques.

Explore the building I didn't explode.
There are two, the one to the left and the pretty much completely ignored one straight forward.

Choosing not to comment on Mesk's medical techniques, Kyle address Simus. "There's always a chance that a couple of them might have stayed behind, I'll come with you."

Follow Simus.

Simus appears flummoxed for a moment.

Team C and D

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Holding Cell.

"Well, glad to hear that there's no firefights happening yet."

Sneak around the holding cell area, get a feel for the place. Are there security cameras around?

There's a security camera mounted in one corner of the room, staring at the holding cell cage. Other then that it's just a large jail cell meant to hold several people set in a room just large enough to hold it and allow people to walk around the outside.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C The Booby-trapped entrance of Doom

"How surprising, there's a bomb on the main door. What do you think guys, should I try to disable it or just leave it there so we can sneak to them, or should I just explode it and be done with it?"

Quote from: Private channel to FeyrI
Nothing here besides what you heard on the comms. There are a few doors in the hallway outside the cell. You can use the chisel I left there to unlock the doors and search the rooms, or you can come watch me play with the bomb. Or you can go explore somewhere else but I wouldn't recommend going alone, since you don't have lots of armor.

Wait, there's no action here...

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, somewhere inside the Police Fortress

"Funny thought. The enemy rigged this place to explode when they've seen us enter. Why I didn't say this in the first place - waste of tactical resources. But hey, the exit is now open, and strangely...err, I see no logic in that kind of plan.

OK, here's to betting there is a trapdoor or secret hallway, or people hiding behind doors with a death weapon just waiting for someone to enter.

"Or everything is rigged. Columns, supports, inside worksmanship..."

Move to the nearest door, and shoot the handle from a safe distance, listen for anything.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)
You shoot the handle off the nearest door and hear, unsurprisingly, the sound of a handle being shot off a  door. You peek inside and see what looks like an office. It's unoccupied.

team d - Lukas

"Do I have an all clear for shooting the ground floor?"

wait for ok signal and then shoot holes in ground floor but try not to bring the building down.

You continue to wait, whistling idly to yourself. Well, thinking about whistling. Metal skull and all.

"Err, an all-quiet seems like the better condition, Lukas. Its too quiet here. Also, I figure this place, as a police station, has all the propaganda or safety measures pasted on the walls, including any criminal activity IF WE COULD JUST FIND THE ARMORY- err, I mean the offices."

Addendum: Examine the walls for anything informative - fire exit routes, any signs or symbols...

There's a sign right outside the door that points toward the main hall. It says "Main hall". Beyond that are two signs, blow it. One that says "Holding cell", natch, and another that points down the hall and says "Offices".

((It seems that I have found my biggest adversary as of yet: narrow hallways. Curses)

'Flint, of you thinking you could safely disarm or detonate that bomb, feel free to do so, 'cause I'm afraid neither me nor Lucas could fit inside these hallways. What the hell was command thinking anyway, sending us to down here instead of A and B team.'

Think about where all the people inside the compound have seemingly dissapeared to.

Well flint is near the door or at least he was a second ago. Feyri is still over by where they broke in, and Bishop and Sambo are probably still on the left side of the building's third floor.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Fortress of doom, booby-trapped entrance

@Miyamoto"Well, I'm not going to play 'operation' with a live bomb that I don't even know a)how powerful it is and b) if you could enter, so here is what I think: once we clear the front of the building Lukas can shoot the door, making the explosive on the other side... well explode. Any objections?

@Feyri"The only place they could go that we haven't explored yet is the prison or the lower levels. Either way nothing we can do. If they had gone anywhere else command or we would have seen them. Also, I'm pretty sure they have already raided the armory. Anyway, I'm making my way to you now. We should finish exploring here before our trigger happy robot friends explode the entrance."

Take my chisel again and start using it to open doors in the hall Feyri is in.

You walk down the row of doors and proceed to chisel them all open for feyri.

"After you, glorious leader."

((Typical, I forget to post an action. >.>))

Bishop swallowed and took a deep breath. Odds were that they weren't up here and were downstairs, hiding in some doutlessly heavily fortified room. Hopefully.

"Keep up Sambo. We've got to clear this whole floor before Lukas shoots down the main door and possibly takes out the whole front of the building, and us with it."

Start clearing the whole floor, room by room. Start with the end I'm closest to and work my way across. Stay on high alert, they might be waiting in ambush or have various nasty traps in wait. Make sure not to stand directly infront of any doors.
you carefully make your way through all the rooms on the upper left side. They're all empty, but some look like they've been vacated quickly. You find a few bodies in the rooms with windows that were sliced through with that laser of Lucas's.

Hmm it's all too quiet here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: December 08, 2012, 03:58:38 pm »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Holding Cell Area.

"I spy with my little eye something that begins with the letter... C!"

Use monoatomic razor to slice off the camera. Examine it once it is disconnected in this manner. Afterwards, follow Feyri.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: December 08, 2012, 04:01:39 pm »

I meant think about where all the people who were shooting at us a minute ago went to. Not the team members that are inside the compound. Derp.

While pointing at the newly arrived civilian: 'Hey you, didn't you guys keep radio contact with these people? Can't you contact them, cause it seems they all dissapeared just now. Also, who the hell are you guys anyway?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1256