Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939460 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 104
« Reply #10455 on: December 07, 2012, 07:17:54 pm »

(Ha!  I was right the first time!  Curse you for confusing me, Spinal.)
(I have shamed my family, my country, and my username.)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: December 07, 2012, 07:25:08 pm »

((and my guts.))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 109
« Reply #10457 on: December 07, 2012, 09:39:54 pm »

((Actually, I think it was Piecewise who started using my username instead of my character's name.))

"Nice work Mesk, it's good to see your medical techniques extend beyond kicking people.", Kyle said, returning the offered fist bump.

Turning to Thomas, Kyle replied,

"Don't worry about it, I know how stressful these kinds of situations can be, and the initial treatment was... less than ideal."

Realizing what Mesk was about to do to Bruce, Kyle signaled for him to stop.

"I really don't think that's the best... treatment for him. I think our best bet here is to just use medifoam to stop the bleeding and get him to an APC and back into stasis as quickly as possible. Even if we do save his life, he'd be useless on the mission. Actually, come to think of it, it might be best to send May back up via APC as well; although she's in stable condition, I wouldn't exactly recommend putting her back into combat."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: December 07, 2012, 09:40:16 pm »

((Actually, I think it was Piecewise who started using my username instead of my character's name.))

"Nice work Mesk, it's good to see your medical techniques extend beyond kicking people.", Kyle said, returning the offered fist bump.

"Don't worry about it, I know how stressful these kinds of situations can be, and the initial treatment was... less than ideal."

"I really don't think that's the best... treatment for him. I think our best bet here is to just use medifoam to stop the bleeding and get him to an APC and back into stasis as quickly as possible. Even if we do save his life, he'd be useless on the mission. Actually, come to think of it, it might be best to send May back up via APC as well; although she's in stable condition, I wouldn't exactly recommend putting her back into combat."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: December 07, 2012, 09:51:19 pm »

((DOUBLE POST OF SHAME!!))

"Ahhhh crap. That was my shot people. I heard yelling behind some two-way glass and fired to break it, and it turns out there was a guy tied to a chair and gagged behind it. I've accidentally shot him through the glass. Woops.

Command, do you take people who are already dead in the transports? You know, so they can be brought back like we are?"

If the military man says yes, take the poor guy down to the ground and carry him quickly to the transports using my rockets. If no, sigh and leave him behind and open the door in his room to begin clearing upstairs.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:13 pm »

"It's just that... Well, I lost control. You were trying to help, and I was stressed, and y'know, I didn't react well."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: December 07, 2012, 10:42:24 pm »

((and my guts.))

((For some reason I found this disproportionately hilarious. :D))

Team D Useless person, Jobasio; Outside Po-Po Fortress

"Well. At this rate I might as well hike back to the other team and join them. I suppose I could try climbing up to this window myself, but with people getting shot left and right I'd feel rather silly if the injury putting me out of action was a sprained wrist or ankle."
Jobasio was sick of waiting around. For all he knew it was just as dangerous out here as in there.He slung his gauss rifle over a shoulder and walked back and forth, inspecting the wall thoughtfully.

"Of course," He mused, half-to-himself, one hand holding the stock of his rifle for reassurance as he paced along, "We can't exactly be sure how large this fortress goes. They could simply have retreated, further inside, or... deeper."

>Search the wall for any handholds that could allow me to climb to that window!

>If any of these lazy flying assholes on my team decided to finally give me a lift up there, graciously accept!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: December 08, 2012, 12:35:31 am »

(("You get no response. God it's like talking to a wall....or Feyri..."

:'())

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, somewhere inside the Police Fortress

((I am completely lost as to where my position is, where my allies are and what is going on around me - I'm in some sort of locked jail cell, now unlocked, and the only other person I know I'm with is Flint.))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Private Channel = Flint
Hey there, what's up?

Found anything past our locked door, sir?

"Hey Bishop, other than collateral damage, why don't you check that room you're in for what else was with the man? Any devices of interrogation, implements or other instruments? I heard glass shattering and a gunshot, then nothing else.

"Also, the fort seems primarily made out of metal, just saying."
she finished, tapping the hilt of her Tesla Sabre.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:48:20 am by Tiruin »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: December 08, 2012, 12:39:46 am »

((Don't worry, I'm a bit confused, too!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: December 08, 2012, 12:40:22 am »

With the initial excitement over, Lars takes a moment to reflect on the mission so far.

Think on the effects of the symbols and prayers to the gods so far.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #10465 on: December 08, 2012, 03:44:30 am »

Team A and B

With the initial excitement over, Lars takes a moment to reflect on the mission so far.

Think on the effects of the symbols and prayers to the gods so far.

Well, that shield of Feyri's sure did seem to protect her from what you heard, and Ingram's bullets did blow the heck out of that third story balcony. And you're completely uninjured,something not even Milno and Jim can Boast.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for being angry at first."
Thomas smiles at Mesk and Kyle in gratitude, before sitting next to May and taking her hand gently.He sits there, smiling softly and waiting for her to awaken.

You cradle May's head and hold her hand, waiting for her to wake up.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno keeps there, crouched atop the remains of the statue and watching the blueshirts. They could be much more faster. "After they're done moving out, I'll take their leader to the police building."

Wait for the rest of the blueshirts to head to the APCs then take their leader to try diplomacy at the PD.

You rest your head in your hands and watch as the surviving blueshirts wander out. Some are injured, but you don't really care. You wonder vaguely what will be done with them and if that "promise" of clemency will hold. Probably not.

The leader of the group follows the last stragglers and presents himself before you, head slightly cocked.

"Well then," he gestures broadly toward the entrance, "after you?"

To Teams C and D:
"How is it going?"

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Mesk grins as May stabilizes, and offers Kyle a fist pound.  Then he turns to Bruce, and his grin widens.
"This wound will be quite easy to treat, in fact.  Hold still and try not to scream."
Kick Bruce's guts back into his body.
"Hey, what's that partially digested bit over there?  Looks like it was yummy."

(Oops... meant Nicholas, not Kyle.)
(Oops... really did mean Kyle.)

[med:5+2]

"The power of medicine compels you!" You shout before leaping into the air and bringing both feet down on Bruce's ribcage, crushing it in like ripe melon.

[Bruce is dead. Really goddamn dead.]

Team C and D

For everyone's sake: The building is 3 levels tall. It has 4 windows on each level. Bishop and Sambo are hanging out on the third floor, in the room behind the second window. Everyone who entered through the ground floor did so through the second window and ended up in that holding cell.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Holding Cell.

"Ooh, somebody's been shot!"

Carefully look if it was my team who fired the shot. One it's ascertained that it was indeed Bishop, examine the young man in the chair. From a respectable distance, of course.
Wrong level. He's two floors above you. 

To A and B over comms: 'We are still breaking in, this thing is a frakking fortress. And we can't just bust through the main door, they have an obvious trap there. More worrying though, they stopped shooting at us for quite a while now.'

((If this keeps going like it is, we might have to merge A and B team to keep them at full strenght.))

Go into the breach in the fortress once Lucas is in. start sweeping the place, first go to the back of the place, then move to the entrance from inside.

'Okay Lucas, let's get going, or they'll die of old age before we get to them.'

Feyri, fungi can be anaerobic, but are not infectious per se, but it may be a possibility. However, most anaerobic infections are bacterial in nature.

'It could still be anything as far as I see it. Hell, what if it's a virus using a bacterium as a means of transport? But you're right about the anaerobic infections bit.'

You wait for Lukas to fire. You're sure he'll fire one of these days. A thought, however, occurs to you as you stand around waiting for Lukas to blow a hole in the wall: What if the halls inside the building are too small for you to move around very well?

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Fortress of Doom, 1st floor

@Miyamoto"Red leader, I'm making my way to the main entrance now. Is that OK or should I start exploring the cells here?"

@Faith"Hey, good kissing doctor! You have the other mining suit right? Do you want me to leave my auto chisel here so that you can explore the rest of the cells? There might be prisoners here. Or stored food depending on how you look at it."

Leave the chisel in the cell for Faith and start making my way to the main entrance as quietly as I can, unless instructed otherwise.

You prop your chisel up in one corner and then head out into the hall, sneaking as best you can in the heavy mechanical suit. None of the doors around you fly open, no crazed man with a space shotgun blows your head off, in fact you don't hear or see a single goddamn thing. You make it to the front door and take a look at it. It's been heavily barred, but thats not all. An explosive charge and trigger wires are set up on the door, clearly rigged to go if the door is forced open.

Sambo - Team D - Second floor of PD, in interrogation rooms.

"Yeah, we're all fine Milno. Don't know about team C though, don't friggen care much either. There was a guy behind the glass being tied to a chair when we broke through. Somehow he got mysteriously shot. But we're fine."

"I'll see if they were just beating him up, or if they were actually getting confessions and shit out of him."

Check interrogation room for recorders, cameras, or any kind of paper-work pertaining to the dead guy in the chair. See if there's any torture instruments laying around as well. Grab one if there is.

(( I don't know why Sambo would need one on top of a meat cleaver and a sledgehammer, but he might. ))

The interrogation room is fairly spartan: Just a metal table and two chairs, one on either side. You don't see any papers, cameras or thumb screws anywhere. Disappointing. You were hoping to find something fun in here, maybe a Shrew's fiddle or a pear of anguish. You're not sure when you'd use such a thing, but You're sure you'd find a time.

((DOUBLE POST OF SHAME!!))

"Ahhhh crap. That was my shot people. I heard yelling behind some two-way glass and fired to break it, and it turns out there was a guy tied to a chair and gagged behind it. I've accidentally shot him through the glass. Woops.

Command, do you take people who are already dead in the transports? You know, so they can be brought back like we are?"

If the military man says yes, take the poor guy down to the ground and carry him quickly to the transports using my rockets. If no, sigh and leave him behind and open the door in his room to begin clearing upstairs.

"Leave him." Is their response.

You sigh and leave him behind, peaking out through the door behind him into the hall. To your right is a balcony area of sorts and to the left is more hall with more doors. A few are open but you don't see anyone charging out wielding their favorite brand of death dealing penis enhancer.

((and my guts.))

((For some reason I found this disproportionately hilarious. :D))

Team D Useless person, Jobasio; Outside Po-Po Fortress

"Well. At this rate I might as well hike back to the other team and join them. I suppose I could try climbing up to this window myself, but with people getting shot left and right I'd feel rather silly if the injury putting me out of action was a sprained wrist or ankle."
Jobasio was sick of waiting around. For all he knew it was just as dangerous out here as in there.He slung his gauss rifle over a shoulder and walked back and forth, inspecting the wall thoughtfully.

"Of course," He mused, half-to-himself, one hand holding the stock of his rifle for reassurance as he paced along, "We can't exactly be sure how large this fortress goes. They could simply have retreated, further inside, or... deeper."

>Search the wall for any handholds that could allow me to climb to that window!

>If any of these lazy flying assholes on my team decided to finally give me a lift up there, graciously accept!

[dex:5]

You hop up on the ledge of the first story window and, in one great leap manage to hurl yourself up and out just far enough to clear the top of the first story window alcove and wrap your fingers around the ledge of the second story window. You drag yourself up and do the same move again, finally making it into the same third floor room that Bishop and sambo went to make out in explore.

(("You get no response. God it's like talking to a wall....or Feyri..."

:'())

Feyri Nirel ; Team C Mercenary, somewhere inside the Police Fortress

((I am completely lost as to where my position is, where my allies are and what is going on around me - I'm in some sort of locked jail cell, now unlocked, and the only other person I know I'm with is Flint.))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Private Channel = Flint
Hey there, what's up?

Found anything past our locked door, sir?

"Hey Bishop, other than collateral damage, why don't you check that room you're in for what else was with the man? Any devices of interrogation, implements or other instruments? I heard glass shattering and a gunshot, then nothing else.

"Also, the fort seems primarily made out of metal, just saying."
she finished, tapping the hilt of her Tesla Sabre.

Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

You're pretty much good on where you are. First floor, in a holding cell that you accessed via hoping through the window that Miyamoto opened for you.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: December 08, 2012, 03:51:58 am »

[Team A Teamkiller - Mesk]

"Another fine day's work.  Somebody help me carry these two... Thomas, carry May, I'll take this one."
Take May and Bruce to the APCs.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: December 08, 2012, 04:08:14 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Holding Cell.

"Well, glad to hear that there's no firefights happening yet."

Sneak around the holding cell area, get a feel for the place. Are there security cameras around?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10468 on: December 08, 2012, 04:34:00 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C The Booby-trapped entrance of Doom

"How surprising, there's a bomb on the main door. What do you think guys, should I try to disable it or just leave it there so we can sneak to them, or should I just explode it and be done with it?"

Quote from: Private channel to FeyrI
Nothing here besides what you heard on the comms. There are a few doors in the hallway outside the cell. You can use the chisel I left there to unlock the doors and search the rooms, or you can come watch me play with the bomb. Or you can go explore somewhere else but I wouldn't recommend going alone, since you don't have lots of armor.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 04:41:03 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: December 08, 2012, 04:40:11 am »

"How surprising, there's a bomb on the door. What do you think guys, should I try to disable it or just leave it there so we can sneak to them, or should I just explode it and be done with it?"

"I don't see any reason why you should mess with the bomb. It's not really hurting anyone, plus if these guys surrender, we can ask them to disarm it if the need should arise."
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 1256