Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938454 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 38
« Reply #10185 on: December 04, 2012, 10:42:02 am »

((So finished re-reading...I took quick peeks instead of using my scoped gauss rifle instead to determine where shooters are? :/))
((Using your scoped rifle would mean staring for a long time with it, enough time to be shot like Sambo was. I think the GM just tried to avoid getting you shot just for looking.))
((Nobody said so, and I assumed the rifle had futuristic attachments or modifications to accommodate such.

Do we have any reflective glass?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 73
« Reply #10186 on: December 04, 2012, 11:02:36 am »

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 11:05:18 am by Parisbre56 »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: December 04, 2012, 11:15:30 am »

You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: December 04, 2012, 11:21:36 am »

Jim goes ahead and does what he was going to do if someone fired a rocket: attempt to turn it around with his amp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: December 04, 2012, 11:30:34 am »

((@SerCon: You are on the other side of the building, by the way, on the back garden. The rocket was launched from the front, so we can probably hear both it and our teammates' screams, but not pinpoint. Also, I'm afraid you'll get a feedback event.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno sighed before preparing to fly away from the garden and garbage.
"Jim, you shouldn't have come, you know. But anyway..."

Dash to the area over the top of the building and to the direction the rocket is going afterwards, dashing at total speed (using short bursts of speed from the dash system and cutting off the accel to prevent flying like a crazy man) then try to line up a shot at the rocket, preferentially getting to Short range on it to make it strike true. Activate EMM as well, just in case there is a need to dodge something.

If there are any allies that would be hit by the rounds while trying to intercept the rocket or if it is too late, then don't shoot and fire at the bastard with the rocket launcher instead.

If the rocket is already taken down before there is a chance to try and intercept it, fly to the roof of the building while zigzagging instead, look around to make sure there are no idiots nearby and yell through the external comms at full volume:

"Surrender the fuck up now goddamnit!! We are here to rescue you fuckers under orders from the higher-ups but if you keep fucking shooting we'll shoot back. Give up now and anyone still alive will be taken in safety to OUTSIDE. The fucking pyschos in the upper levels are already dead!"

If they are still shooting, just fly to one of the sides of the building, snatch some of the guns of the dead and take flight again, gunning them down with their own weapons.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 03:08:25 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: December 04, 2012, 11:40:06 am »

(Actually I got shot down halfway to you, so I have no idea whether or not I can see the rocket.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: December 04, 2012, 12:00:32 pm »

(Actually I got shot down halfway to you, so I have no idea whether or not I can see the rocket.)
((Oh yes. Makes sense.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: December 04, 2012, 12:31:06 pm »

"May!"
Thomas stops firing to scoop up May and run away from the rocket.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: December 04, 2012, 12:50:24 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"Shit, SHIT!

GUYS! They think we're from deeper below, the heavy firepower and the suits must have made them think we're miners! That's why they won't give us the time of day, they think we're the even crazier people from down below! The ones that sealed off the comms and blew up the ways out! To think he was actually right about miners being a hostile faction...

STOP! FIRING! If we can explain to them that we're not the lunatics from deeper down, they might actually believe us!"

Try to prevent teammates from returning fire.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:08 pm »

"Fine, try to explain to them. But if they don't stop shooting, it's go time.

I'll cover you Feyri, you stay behind Lukas until you get near cover. Then keep us covered while we move forward."

Wait for Faith to try and talk to the gangers, but if it fails, cover Feyri while she moves in the open.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: December 04, 2012, 01:06:44 pm »

"Well they're not going to stop shooting if we don't stop shooting! They can't even hit us if we're not peering around the edge!"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: December 04, 2012, 01:09:38 pm »

"Rockets Faith, rockets! Milno had one shot at him, he said so over the radio. They just need to shoot it near us to hit us with one! I dout we've seen the last of any improvised explosives, so you'd better speak quickly before they get the idea of shooting one at us."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: December 04, 2012, 01:15:09 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"...damn it!"
Try and assess Milno's wound as he goes away.
"Get back here!  Fine!  I'll go tend to the others, they probably want my help more anyway!"
Get back to the team.  AFTER the rocket has arrived.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: December 04, 2012, 01:20:25 pm »

"One rocket over there doesn't mean they're getting ready to use some on us here, and even if it did, all we have to do is move further away. That is the worst excuse to just resume butchering the people we're trying to save that I've ever heard!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: December 04, 2012, 01:30:39 pm »

((After shit is wrapped up on our side, Milno'll give a better report to teams C and D, including the fact they already tried to reason with the Blueshirts without any aggression (including saying they were a rescue team etc) and their only answer was "FUCK YOU" and bullets. I think these men are too far deep into madness and despair to care.))

"...More rockets this way, I'll get you more information later." Milno sends quickly to Team C and D as he springs into action, to avoid too much talking.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1256