Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938813 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 38
« Reply #10140 on: December 03, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »

((Pretty sure the "FUCK YOU!" at shooting Milno in the face was the only coherent speech we've gotten from them on either team.

Then again, neither barricade lasted very long, and we've only just now gotten to their fortress/emplacement things.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: December 03, 2012, 07:26:55 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"I know, I know!  On it!" replies Mesk to Jim, already sprinting to Milno's position.  "Milno, what's your status?"
Run to Milno's position, crouched to provide a smaller target and sticking to cover where possible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:19 pm »

Mesk, are you nuts? You're running into the middle of a firefight, you know that, right?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: December 03, 2012, 07:36:39 pm »

(( Ah, right. So much for the 'unnaturally silent yet coordinated fight' idea. Perhaps they have some sort of comms, or plainly talked quietly enough for us not to hear anything.
Or, then again, perhaps the idea is still valid, as the only intelligible thing we've heard them say was an expletive aimed for our ears. Not enough data. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10144 on: December 03, 2012, 07:37:15 pm »

(He's doing it under my orders, so don't blame him. :P Don't worry, we'll try to stay out of the way as much as possible.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: December 03, 2012, 07:39:23 pm »

"Of course I'm not crazy.  Didn't you see me when I got shot earlier?  Milno's in more danger than I am."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: December 03, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »

Milno has extraordinarily protective armor on, you do not. And I'm sure you understand that I don't want you between me and my target when I'm using an experimental ordnance delivery system, ordnance here being a chunk of high explosives on a time-fused impact detonator.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:13:06 pm by PyroDesu »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: December 03, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »

[Team B: Sniper: Thomas]
The world suddenly became simpler to Thomas. He had a target. He had a weapon. He knew how to use it. His mind, his thoughts, they all narrowed down to one thing. The shot. And how to pull it off. He adjusted his grip on the rifle, and pulled the scope up to his eyes. His mind raced. He prepared as best he could for the shot that finally put him back in his element.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:37:04 pm by Spinal_Taper »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: December 03, 2012, 08:15:36 pm »

"Simus. He's coming with me because A: he's a medic and Milno might need one and B: I'm the team leader and I told him to come with me. If he gets hit, it's because you fired at him, and that means I'll get hit too. So aim away from us."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: December 03, 2012, 08:32:23 pm »

Jim, I'm not aiming at either of you, but this thing has not been tested in reality before. It may work fine, but if it doesn't, I have no idea what may happen. And while I have what should work as a manual override for the fusing system, if it malfunctions, that is a Bad Thing.

I'm just expressing my reservations about you two going out into the middle of a firefight that has at least one experimental weapon on one side, and a whole bunch of unknown, possibly jury-rigged weapons on the other.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: December 03, 2012, 08:38:13 pm »

"And I appreciate your concern, but I'm not going to let Milno get isolated and possibly killed if I can help it. You're a scientist, you've probably tested that thing in VR and if it didn't work you wouldn't have a prototype of it. I'm putting a lot of faith in you, I know, but don't let the pressure get to you. Just fire at a building other than the one Milno went into and we should be fine."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: December 03, 2012, 08:46:02 pm »

((I wonder if Mesk is going to try to practice his typical kickboxing style of medicine on Milno.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: December 03, 2012, 08:48:59 pm »

(Dunno, but I do think if he tries it Milno will probably shoot him a few times... which Jim'll let slide since it won't kill him unless it hits him in the brain and the kick would probably hit him in the injured shin so he would deserve a little retribution. At least I think a brain shot would kill Mesk... O.o)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: December 03, 2012, 08:50:45 pm »

((I'm thinking a brain shot would kill Mesk Mesk, but the robots might regenerate his head and fully functional, albeit empty, brain.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: December 03, 2012, 08:57:52 pm »

He also has a rocket pack, exoskeleton, and an avatar cloak fitted to him, not to mention his competence with the weapons he has at his disposal... I'm not aiming at Milno's building anyways, Jim. And, the main tests I did were to determine effects of the ammunition. This one damages battlesuit plate. The Mk suits and such don't even begin to stand up to it. Still, right now, I'm using it more for making a hole to fire a razorwire or chemical grenade into.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 09:14:46 pm by PyroDesu »
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 1256