Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939171 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 21
« Reply #10125 on: December 03, 2012, 05:05:17 pm »

((Can the MFM shoot places you can't directly see?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10126 on: December 03, 2012, 05:28:16 pm »

((Can the MFM shoot places you can't directly see?))
((Yes, Stacy used one to kill people behind a barricade. However he knew their general location.))

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #10127 on: December 03, 2012, 06:22:01 pm »

Sambo - Team D - Police Station

Blare this over suit speakers:
"Oi cunts, stop fucking firing! We've got food and booze. We're here to rescue you."

Get into cover, scanning the area with my sniper gauss rifle for potential targets. Don't fire unless fired upon, but tell the team of any targets if they appear. If myself or the team-members are fired upon, indiscriminately snipe every son-of-a-bitch I can see that's not on the HMRC. With extreme prejudice. Ignore ammunition concerns.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:25:24 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10128 on: December 03, 2012, 06:24:26 pm »

"Oh... Sorry Jim."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10129 on: December 03, 2012, 06:27:38 pm »

(Quick, change 'not on my team' to 'not in the HMRC'! Otherwise you might shoot members of Team C, since they're not members of Team D like you. :P Wow, got ninja-edited there. >.>

And Jim was just messing with Thomas, but I'll go ahead and throw that out there in RP as well.)

"Don't worry about it. Just stay in cover and don't get hurt," Jim said. "Just be ready to fire when we're fired upon. You don't want anyone you care about to get hurt, do you?" he added, meaning May.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:29:49 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 23
« Reply #10130 on: December 03, 2012, 06:30:17 pm »

Team A and B
Jim looks for effective cover for his team and motions them all to it; should adequate cover be unavailable for everyone, then he'll just find at least something chest-high and thick to hide behind himself.
(Jim's emoticon doesn't work. Head blown in half and all)

Take cover, load High-EX grenade into the launcher, prepare to fire at the largest concentration of targets, other than any targeted by Milno.

Finally, a chance to try this thing out!

"Milno, what is it."
get to cover if i'm told about the heat signatures, or if i see Milno get to cover.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Right you are."
Take cover!

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Fuck.

"All of you, take cover and do it now. There are many of the bastards in the buildings, and they are taking firing positions. Kyle, start to shout your diplomacy, I'm taking mine to them." Milno roared through the comms, his eyes tracking the heat signatures' movement as they prepared to rain fire on the group.

"We are a rescue team sent to take you to safety. We are heavily armed and any hostility towards us will be returned with lethal force. Do not fire. Let your leader or one of your representatives talk to us."

Take cover, allow and try diplomacy. If the hostiles do not answer well to diplomacy:

Quickly pick a building in which the hostiles seem to have at least one heavy weapon (failing that, the nearest building with hostiles) and use the Dash at full speed towards one of its windows, breaking through it and opening fire afterwards with the prototype at short range (armed enemies are priority). Use the cloak to protect the helmet and defend from bullets whenever needed. If anyone engages in melee, activate EMM and use the gauntlet to rip and tear.

If the team lacks cover, just act as their cover and start to fire upon the enemies with the prototype, making better-armed enemies the priority.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

Lars reached for his most reliable weapon- prayer.  "Algis, shield us!  Pathmas, may you favor us with your will!"

Take cover!  Pray for the team!

Thomas dives for cover, taking May along with him. He turns and looks at Simus before screaming into the comms at her.
"Don't shoot!"
Sambo - Team D - Police Station

Blare this over suit speakers:
"Oi cunts, stop fucking firing! We've got food and booze. We're here to rescue you."

Get into cover, scanning the area with my sniper gauss rifle for potential targets. Don't fire unless fired upon, but tell the team of any targets if they appear. If myself or the team-members are fired upon, indiscriminately snipe every son-of-a-bitch I can see that's not on the HMRC. With extreme prejudice. Ignore ammunition concerns.

The shooting commences an instant later and  everyone scrambles back to the nearest cover: The door way they just came from. While the rest of the team hunkers down behind whats left of the doorway, ducked and crushed as close to the walls as possible, Milno has a slightly different plan.

He activates his dash system and aims it at the largest window of the building to the right, vanishing in a roar of fire and exhaust a moment later. He covers several hundred feet in less then a second, a burning comet streaking toward the building, an angry RPG, and smashes through the window feet first, jerking himself around to reverse his momentum. As he sails across the room behind the window, through the drywall into the next one, he remember that they never did quite workout the whole "Stopping" Thing with this system.
[End:6+1]

Another room, a mirror, a chandelier, and two men later, Stands up, battered, dizzy and sore but finally stopped. He doesn't have time to reacquaint himself with reality for long though, because men are already pouring through the hole he smashed.
[con:2+3]

He stands, unslings the modified gauss-rocket rifle E gave him, and opens fire in bursts. Lumps of heavy ferromagnetic shrapnel, propelled by magnetism and rocket exhaust, tear through the assailants like tissue, their hastily repainted blue body armor doing nothing to save them. They go down in bursts of red, some still firing modified autofire gauss rifles as they do, spraying the room with wild dying shots, filling the air with the dust of pulverized drywall and faux-granite flooring and pulped fragments of wooden paneling. 

[end: 2+1]

A round, probably a civ sniper or maybe even military gauss rifle, tears through the blinding dust and catches milno hard in the knee.  The Cloak soaks most of the impact, but he's unarmored beneath it and it's still like getting hit by a sledgehammer. The MK III tightens to secure the cracked bone and pumps him full of enough pain killers to let him get back up from where the round put him on his knees. He looks up and standing in the hole, dust settling around him, is a man. A very large look man with a dozen badges pinned to his body armor and a skull painted atop the black visored anti-riot helmet he's wearing. Resting on his shoulder is what can only be described as a junkyard rocketlauncher; a tube of scrap metal with a ugly, jury rigged rocket poking out of the end. No one says a thing.

[dex:1+1+1]

Milno has just enough time to throw himself backwards towards the wall and curl himself into a ball before the man fires and the room vanishes into a burst of light. There is an instant of movement, cartwheeling through what looks like a rather stately smoking room, and then impact and then freefall, a swirl of artificial blue sky and  then impact again, slamming into and through a plaster recreation of the Venus de Milo and into a dead planter box.

[end:5+1]

He sits up and looks back at where he came from, the burning hole in the back of the building. His motion sensor, still dulling yellow after, to it, the entire world got up and did a jig, paints a few hard red spots of movement in that hole and he rolls out of the planter and down onto the ground behind it, large chucks of concrete from the planter box being blow off as a new stream of fire pours down on his position. As he presses is back against the planter and brushes away the bits of shrapnel stuck in his cloak and chestplate he notices a rather large piece of rebar that has somehow jammed itself straight through his shin and out the back without his noticing. Huh.

"I believe I may require a bit of backup here. Also they have at least one rocket launcher so you may want to duck."

Team C and D

Try to determine their position using my heat vision, zoom and motion tracking. Relay this image to the other's faceplates. Blare blatant lies.mp3 while looking in their direction, return to cover if the incoming fire is too heavy. Also give the mining laser to Faith.

'Okay, I have something of a plan, in case diplomacy fails. Me and Lucas both grab a makeshift shield. I cover the front, he covers the 'roof'. We move in with the most melee or gun-oriented fighters in our team and try to breach the fortress. Meanwhile, the amp users and the mining-laser wielding miningsuits provide cover fire from the hallway from another piece of makeshift cover. Once we're in, we try to subdue them. While the breach team is inside creating havoc, the mining suits take their cover and use it to get the rest of the team inside. Does everybody agree with this? Or does anyone see any other way? Cause this plan is hella risky, I know, but I don't see any other options. '

Your heat cameras can't penetrate the cold metal of the station very well, but you do get glimpses of hotspots through the slits of the windows. You can't really tell much except that there are lots of them and that they're covering pretty much every window. You blare your prerecorded message and duck back in as a few bullets plink off your armor.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Police Station.

To the team: "Maybe we should point out that between having access to heat vision and field manipulators we can incinerate them all at any moment without even having visual contact (an ability they do not share), and have merely restrained ourselves from doing so due to the fact that we are here to rescue them?"

Other than saying that, sit quietly for now.
You sit quietly as the other people formulate a plan that hopefully will not end in megadeath. Well, mega-death as in lots of people, not the band. A battle plan that ended in Megadeath the band would be pretty sweet.

"Have we considered the option of Heavy metal?"

"We don't want to fight you!" Feyri shouted over the silent din of battle. "Team! Holster weapons! Who else is out there, we wish to talk!"

Diplomacy! And ready gauss rifle, scoping out any targets from cover.

Feyri signaled to Faith and Miya what she expected with her hands, as well as via wristpad.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel ; Team C & D ; Secure Channel > James Kelly
Alright, we've gotten ourselves in a firefight against a fortress. My experience tells me that we can't survive this without any remote explosives or heavy firepower - that means not using any amps as we're standing on open ground. We signal for peace, but we ready for a fight. The most linguistic of us should try to talk em, while those with long ranged weapons try to scope them out.

Hmm, I'm really expecting tear gas canisters or grenade launchers popping in when they see us in full force. Machine gun nests aren't out of the question, lucky nobody got hit. Spread out evenly and use cover. If they use rudimentary guns, watch for the flashes. They pinpoint where they are.

Know this. Whether we fight or not, we're in a battle of attrition with our side winning. They can't hold out forever.

Diplomacy first. As my sister said: "Speak to disarm, then shoot anyone who disagrees." But politely.

You sneak quick peeks up at the building, trying to spot where anyone is in it but failing. You can't tell anything through those slit windows.

To the team: "Maybe we should point out that between having access to heat vision and field manipulators we can incinerate them all at any moment without even having visual contact (an ability they do not share), and have merely restrained ourselves from doing so due to the fact that we are here to rescue them?"
team C - Pancaek
"That is an excellent point, though seeing as of how they started shooting at the very first sight of us, without confirming who we are, that might not work."

'Okay, I have something of a plan, in case diplomacy fails. Me and Lucas both grab a makeshift shield. I cover the front, he covers the 'roof'. '

"Taking notes from the ancient romans are we? I didn't take you for a history nut. Just don't suggest we start wearing togas"

Sit in cover and await orders from our fearless leaders. Lament the fact that I can't smoke a cigar due to these infernal helmets

You sit in cover and pantomime smoking a cigar, attempting also to pantomime being a cool guy.

Name:Flint/Competent Miner - Team C - PD entrance

"Don't worry, I'll find you some cover. I'll see if I can make a shield for us."

Try to rip part of the barricade in order to form a shield large enough to shield any non-armored squad members.

"But I think that first someone (well armored) should remind them that 1. their food is running out, if it hasn't already and 2. we have the biggest guns... literally."

"Okay, her's what I'm thinking. When... I mean if diplomacy fails, me and someone with equal if not more strength and armor take the shield I'm making and start running towards the gate, with the rest of the squad behind the shield. Once we're close to the building we'll (probably) be safe. Anyone with long range weapons or low armor can stay back and provide covering fire. Anyone able to fly can make a dash for either the top of the building or the gate. Once there we can attempt diplomacy again or start 'securing' the building. Maybe we can make a second shield to spread their fire."

You rip off several large chunks of metal for others to use to shield themselves. They're crude and heavy but hey, better then being shot.

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"Okay, so we seem to have two issues here. The first is that, as far as we can tell, everything they have is worthless against at least two of us. The second is that Feyri is afraid they have heavier gear they're saving for just such an occasion.

Personally, I say we try diplomacy before figuring out exactly what we're going to do if it doesn't work. How they respond- including not responding at all- might influence what actions we want to take, right?

That said, I guess I'm more in favor of the breaching idea, if only because that seems more like we can intimidate or disable them instead of just sniping them through the walls."

She turned to Miyamoto almost as an afterthought.

"Oh and I can carry your mining laser if you'd like, but I wouldn't be able to use it worth a damn."

Examine the "armor," if any, on my exoskeleton.

Your exoskeleton appears to have some armor, although it's pretty obviously designed for flying rocks and other consequences of being around mining equipment and explosives. It should give you a good degree of protection from bullets though, assuming they're not AP rounds.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 38
« Reply #10131 on: December 03, 2012, 06:35:29 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"Keep trying maybe?" she asked. "They're not going to ignore us forever, are they?

Maybe remind them that we're in no hurry?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10132 on: December 03, 2012, 06:37:58 pm »

"Simus, fire that damn grenade launcher and take out as many of them as possible! Mesk, come with me, he might need a medic! Everyone else, give us cover fire while the two of us move to rescue Milno!" Jim ordered, springing into action and sprinting through the doorway to find Milno. Should anyone fire a rocket at him, he'll attempt to use his mass manipulation amp to fling it back the way it came.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10133 on: December 03, 2012, 06:39:39 pm »

((By preparing to fire, I meant like aiming in and such. Just clarifying.))

Milno, warning you now, this grenade hits near you and I don't hit the manual override in time, it's going to be worse than a crude rocket!

Fire! If there's any chance that a team member will be caught in the blast, activate the manual override to prevent the shell detonating.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:46:36 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10134 on: December 03, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »

"Fire in the hole!" Shoot a MFM heatwave at the Sniper.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:43:26 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10135 on: December 03, 2012, 06:44:38 pm »

((Wow, Milno is cool. And thus, the killcount rises))

Name:Flint - Team C - PD entrance

"I've got some heavy metal for you right here. Hopefully it will save you from death by bullet but if they fire rockets I don't think it can do much except some protection from shrapnel."

"So what do we do team? We can use the shields and those plant pots for cover or we can bore them to death... I mean continue diplomacy."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:24:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10136 on: December 03, 2012, 06:47:34 pm »

"FOR THE H.M.R.C!"
Cover Fire!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10137 on: December 03, 2012, 07:05:00 pm »

((Milno: LEROOOOOYYYYY JEEENNNKEEENNNSSSSSS!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10138 on: December 03, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »

"Blast it! Jim, I'll be with you as soon as I can, just give me one second here to deal with those snipers."

Use the Microwave Field Manipulator, hit the largest cluster of enemies/anyone with better weaponry. Do NOT fire too close to any teammates, as I don't completely trust my aim.

"One of these days I'm going to actually conduct successful diplomacy on a mission. Probably not today though..."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10139 on: December 03, 2012, 07:21:46 pm »

(( Just a quick thought: have we actually heard them talk? Not the civilians on the level above, but these particular guys?))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 07:24:29 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1256