Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939049 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: 21
« Reply #10110 on: December 03, 2012, 09:41:17 am »

To the team: "Maybe we should point out that between having access to heat vision and field manipulators we can incinerate them all at any moment without even having visual contact (an ability they do not share), and have merely restrained ourselves from doing so due to the fact that we are here to rescue them?"
team C - Pancaek
"That is an excellent point, though seeing as of how they started shooting at the very first sight of us, without confirming who we are, that might not work."

'Okay, I have something of a plan, in case diplomacy fails. Me and Lucas both grab a makeshift shield. I cover the front, he covers the 'roof'. '

"Taking notes from the ancient romans are we? I didn't take you for a history nut. Just don't suggest we start wearing togas"

Sit in cover and await orders from our fearless leaders. Lament the fact that I can't smoke a cigar due to these infernal helmets

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #10111 on: December 03, 2012, 09:50:44 am »

Team B - Lukas - PD

((You know you're on Team D, right?))

((hehe, yeah I know. Thanks for pointing out the mistake. Fixed it now.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10112 on: December 03, 2012, 09:53:57 am »

"Milno, what is it."
get to cover if i'm told about the heat signatures, or if i see Milno get to cover.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10113 on: December 03, 2012, 11:09:40 am »

"Remember, anybody who has nothing better to do can help me with those shields. The more the better."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: Many
« Reply #10114 on: December 03, 2012, 11:17:28 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Fuck.

"All of you, take cover and do it now. There are many of the bastards in the buildings, and they are taking firing positions. Kyle, start to shout your diplomacy, I'm taking mine to them." Milno roared through the comms, his eyes tracking the heat signatures' movement as they prepared to rain fire on the group.

"We are a rescue team sent to take you to safety. We are heavily armed and any hostility towards us will be returned with lethal force. Do not fire. Let your leader or one of your representatives talk to us."

Take cover, allow and try diplomacy. If the hostiles do not answer well to diplomacy:

Quickly pick a building in which the hostiles seem to have at least one heavy weapon (failing that, the nearest building with hostiles) and use the Dash at full speed towards one of its windows, breaking through it and opening fire afterwards with the prototype at short range (armed enemies are priority). Use the cloak to protect the helmet and defend from bullets whenever needed. If anyone engages in melee, activate EMM and use the gauntlet to rip and tear.

If the team lacks cover, just act as their cover and start to fire upon the enemies with the prototype, making better-armed enemies the priority.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:32:45 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10115 on: December 03, 2012, 11:19:25 am »

Jim looks for effective cover for his team and motions them all to it; should adequate cover be unavailable for everyone, then he'll just find at least something chest-high and thick to hide behind himself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10116 on: December 03, 2012, 11:20:23 am »

Lars reached for his most reliable weapon- prayer.  "Algis, shield us!  Pathmas, may you favor us with your will!"

Take cover!  Pray for the team!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10117 on: December 03, 2012, 11:49:52 am »

Take cover, load High-EX grenade into the launcher, prepare to fire at the largest concentration of targets, other than any targeted by Milno.

Finally, a chance to try this thing out!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 11:57:12 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10118 on: December 03, 2012, 12:26:27 pm »

Thomas dives for cover, taking May along with him. He turns and looks at Simus before screaming into the comms at her.
"Don't shoot!"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10119 on: December 03, 2012, 02:40:05 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Right you are."
Take cover!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10120 on: December 03, 2012, 03:00:52 pm »

I'm not shooting yet, Thomas, though if these new guys are anything like the barricade guards, I will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10121 on: December 03, 2012, 03:58:45 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station

"Okay, so we seem to have two issues here. The first is that, as far as we can tell, everything they have is worthless against at least two of us. The second is that Feyri is afraid they have heavier gear they're saving for just such an occasion.

Personally, I say we try diplomacy before figuring out exactly what we're going to do if it doesn't work. How they respond- including not responding at all- might influence what actions we want to take, right?

That said, I guess I'm more in favor of the breaching idea, if only because that seems more like we can intimidate or disable them instead of just sniping them through the walls."

She turned to Miyamoto almost as an afterthought.

"Oh and I can carry your mining laser if you'd like, but I wouldn't be able to use it worth a damn."

Examine the "armor," if any, on my exoskeleton.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10122 on: December 03, 2012, 04:02:29 pm »

"Thomas, you chose to follow Milno, so don't be giving my team orders. Simus, if you do not fire that grenade launcher into one of those buildings - preferably one far away to prevent us from getting hit with debris - and kill everyone inside I shall be disappointed, and then if I could I would have to fire you." Jim's emoticon was a smiley, though, to let her know he was joking about that last part.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10123 on: December 03, 2012, 04:04:10 pm »

Miyamoto, Team C leader.

'I know we shouldn't underestimate them, Feyri, but unless you guys want to stand here while we try to fry them one by one, we don't really have any other choice, I'm afraid. Let's just hope these people listen to reason better than their former companions.'

She turned to Miyamoto almost as an afterthought.

"Oh and I can carry your mining laser if you'd like, but I wouldn't be able to use it worth a damn."

((Only just noticed you have -2 for conventional. Yeah, I'm not giving you that laser now.  :-X  No offense, but you'll likely kill all of us before hitting them.))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 04:10:19 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10124 on: December 03, 2012, 04:36:24 pm »

Jim, if they live through this next bout and my High-EX, they will taste horrible, fiery, chemical death. If the fire that will burn through asbestos doesn't kill them, the horrific acid vapor clouds will.

That is all.

Simus' emoticon flashes a "slasher" face for a moment, then goes back to the normal \0-0/.
Pages: 1 ... 673 674 [675] 676 677 ... 1256