Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941148 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed:0 (!)
« Reply #10005 on: December 01, 2012, 07:19:14 pm »

((Wow. People HAD TO SHOOT and taken as initiative before any kind of diplomacy was reached.

I am very disgusted.))

((At least teams A and B might not be. At least, I'm trying diplomacy, as is Kyle, the others, I cannot speak for.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: December 01, 2012, 07:29:02 pm »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armed Mercenary ; With the team along the hallway somewhere in the middle.

"Holy shit. Are you ok Feyri?"
"D-do I look like I'm OK?!-"

@Feyri:"Next time I suggest you let the giant armored robot go first, if you want to return to your robot friend in one piece."
"Well, those guys were idiots and now they are toast. Let's hope anyone left alive in there is smart enough to surrender."
"THEY FIRED FIRST UPON US IN FEAR AND SELF-DEFENSE! NOBODY WITHOUT BRAINS WOULD DO SO IN THE CONDITIONS WE'VE SEEN ABOVE US! NONE OF US WAS PERMANENTLY HURT -except you...poor shieldy. rest in peace my friend- SO WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU PEOPLE RETURN FIRE?!" Feyri shouted in her best mood over the broadcasting radio while trying to regain composure after being knocked back and dazed by the force which broke her shield.

The only comprehensible sound which happened afterwards, was lightning and thunder. They surely did fire back, right?

Spoiler: Team C (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:48:58 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: December 01, 2012, 07:42:04 pm »

Team B, Chaplain- Government Sector

Lars hits the deck, suddenly unarmed.  He shouts over the external speakers.

"Cease your fire!  This is the HMRC, representing the UWM on a rescue mission!  We mean you no harm, and seek to evacuate you!  Cease fire and drop your weapons, or we will be forced to respond in kind!"

He switches back to group radio.

"All praise be to Ingram!  He has spared me in his mercy from a bullety death!  Hail his name!  Praise Pathmas for his divine machinations!"

Hit the deck!  Hearing Milno, roll behind him.  Shout out, sing praises at team.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:08:15 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10008 on: December 01, 2012, 07:52:11 pm »

"Those guys shot people without warning. They continued firing after they were warned. We fired warning shots and they kept firing. Their shots seemed ineffective and yet they kept firing. Sure, the team could have done something different like waiting for them to run out of bullets, hoping that nobody got hurt but I am not blaming them. You are fine because the team and especially boss and stacy acted the way they did. *raised voice* So I suggest you get up, quit crying about what's already done and help us save anyone left."

((Completely irrelevant, but congratulations pyrodesu on reply #10000))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:00:54 pm by Parisbre56 »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #10009 on: December 01, 2012, 08:00:36 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno=Government District]

"Cyborg lady, I know you want very much to be party face, but stand down and let others do the talking as well." Milno said, noting the others also wanted their shot at diplomacy.

He then motioned to his back quite nonchalantly. "Crouch, drop to the ground and roll or whatever, but the unarmed lemmings have to take cover behind me. I can take those hits, anddo not shoot until I have establish they can't be reasoned with."

"We are a rescue team. Stop firing now and let your leader, representative or one of you talk to us. Cease fire now or we will retaliate with lethal force. I repeat, we are a rescue team; stop firing and talk to us or we will retaliate." he said through his external voice system at full volume after Simus did her stuff.

Act as a human shield. Issue the shooters the order to stop firing after Simus and the rest do their own talking. If the hostiles keep shooting, try to count their numbers and identify a leader through their motion scans (a figure that seems to be leading the rest).

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #10010 on: December 01, 2012, 08:04:39 pm »

[Team A Bullet Catcher - Mesk]

"...!"
Shit, not again!
Heal myself, physician.  Try and get back to do a self-check.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:10:55 pm by Remalle »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: December 01, 2012, 08:08:36 pm »

Feyri raised her shattered shield, while musing that it still has most of its...blocking in effect. The sigil made by the good Brother was still visible among the cracks. Flint did have sense in his words...

"You're right. I shouldn't be acting like this. Sorry."

Using the broken shield as part of a defense, move behind Miyamoto armed with my Gauss Rifle - aiming to disable any figures in the distance as we approach.

-Squad communication-
((Y'know, 10-man squads? :P))
"If anyone has any stun grenades - flashbang or whatnot, please use them now."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: December 01, 2012, 08:12:42 pm »

((Completely irrelevant, but congratulations pyrodesu on reply #10000))

((In both threads, too.  She got vaporized in the other thread when it happened, so she better duck and cover.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10013 on: December 01, 2012, 08:34:19 pm »

"No. Don't apologise. You are right to feel angry, sad. These people didn't have to die. I'm only saying that things could be worse and that you should save it for later. Once we are safe again perhaps we should tell the team a thing or two about what to do in those kinds of situations. For example Stacy you could have melted the barricade instead of the people behind it. Until then let's try to help."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: December 01, 2012, 08:45:42 pm »

((For some reason Teams A and B seem a lot more sensible about this. I blame their relative lack of giant robots.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed: Many
« Reply #10015 on: December 01, 2012, 09:28:41 pm »

((We must not allow a giant robot gap!))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: December 01, 2012, 09:29:43 pm »

Jim reacts with extreme violence, first using his mass manipulation amp to topple the barricade back toward the shooters, then using his microwave amp to melt it so anyone trapped under it suffers a horrifying death.

(There you go, Irony. :P Sad thing is I wrote this before reading all the responses, but I'm not going to change it because these asshole NPCs need to be made an example out of.)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:33:29 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: December 01, 2012, 09:31:53 pm »

((We must not allow a giant robot gap!))
((This would explain so much of everything.))

Jim reacts with extreme violence, first using his mass manipulation amp to topple the barricade back toward the shooters, then using his microwave amp to melt it so anyone trapped under it suffers a horrifying death.
((See? Giant robots!))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: December 01, 2012, 09:43:32 pm »

[Team B Sniper: Thomas]
"Jim! Don't..."
Thomas dives for cover!
"May! Come on!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: December 01, 2012, 09:52:00 pm »

"Well that was over fast... Well, there's no point in arguing about what we should have done now, so let's just keep moving. We'll probably find more inside, so keep your guard up."

Head on over to the barricade and inspect the damage. Start clearing a path for the others.
Pages: 1 ... 666 667 [668] 669 670 ... 1256