Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941136 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Civilians killed:0 (!)
« Reply #9990 on: December 01, 2012, 11:29:42 am »

((Because they are beacons of humanity, love and common decency, the only such examples in dear young Bruce's life right now. If anything were to happen to them, why, he'd be mortified! Mortified enough to get kick-ass cybernetic enhancements at the cost of his own humanity! Mortified enough to try to become awesome at any cost!))
((That and the fact Jim is the only one who's interacted with me who wasn't a dick.))
"Blood..This isn't a good sign."
Follow team, ready gun, watch for mines.

((I'm a tag-along then. Hooray.))

((Thanks for withholding the turn//waiting on me because I couldn't go online for about a day. Now to reread the new posts-

What breaks a riot shield?! O_o))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9991 on: December 01, 2012, 11:34:02 am »

((Because they are beacons of humanity, love and common decency, the only such examples in dear young Bruce's life right now. If anything were to happen to them, why, he'd be mortified! Mortified enough to get kick-ass cybernetic enhancements at the cost of his own humanity! Mortified enough to try to become awesome at any cost!))
((That and the fact Jim is the only one who's interacted with me who wasn't a dick.))

((I'm a tag-along then. Hooray.))

((Thanks for withholding the turn//waiting on me because I couldn't go online for about a day. Now to reread the new posts-

What breaks a riot shield?! O_o))
((Big-ass rifle? Cannon? They've probrably raided the police station already, taken some heavy armaments from there.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9992 on: December 01, 2012, 12:03:41 pm »

"There was a police force but they were mostly lightly armed. Civilian weapons as far as we know. Low power, low caliber gauss. We know they had mines, however we are not sure the level of technology they employed. We assume they had some lasers for drilling, but we don't know how many or how advanced."

((They aren't supposed to have anything better than civilian-grade stuff. Either the evidence locker has some very interesting things in it or the riot shield was just that ill-equipped to handle gauss rounds.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9993 on: December 01, 2012, 01:55:53 pm »

((Well, do we know how strong the shield was/what it could handle normally? The fact that the bullet shattered also seems to imply a gauss slug to me, but it's hard to be sure.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9994 on: December 01, 2012, 02:11:20 pm »

((Perhaps it was designed to break apart on impact? In doing so, it stops the projectile, same principle as ceramic plates in hard body armor, or Whipple Shields.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9995 on: December 01, 2012, 02:14:27 pm »

((Well, do we know how strong the shield was/what it could handle normally? The fact that the bullet shattered also seems to imply a gauss slug to me, but it's hard to be sure.))

((It's definitely gauss, considering that it had a bullet. Plus the fact that it didn't make a blast sound. So either it's a gauss firearm of some kind (possibly contraband) or the awesomest slingshot ever. And I think, and I could be wrong, that Steve or the AM pointed out to Feyri that the plastic shield wouldn't be able to stop a whole lot of things.))
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:21:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9996 on: December 01, 2012, 02:29:32 pm »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9997 on: December 01, 2012, 06:28:10 pm »

Team A and B
"Team A, we're following the bloodstains. Let's go," Jim said, suiting action to word.
((It's only page 200. Unless you didn't set the posts/page count to 50.))

Go with the group.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Right you are, O Glorious Leader."
Onward!
"Sounds like the other team's run into trouble... we'd best step careful."

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno just motions his team to follow without much fuss.
"Nothing to do aside from moving ahead. Keep your wits about you and keep moving."

Keep moving to the barricade while remaining alert. Use Empyrean's club as a trap-checking device. Turn motion sensor on.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
Follow Milno.

[Team B Sniper: Thomas Harrison]
Head up north, stay to the right of Milno.

((Hm, page 666... is this a sign of things to come?))

Follow Milno.

The team continues down the hall, ignoring the rather ominous blood stains. Milno's Motion senor catches a dozen hotspots of motion on the barricade before it starts, but it's too late to do anything.

Jim is hit first, a large chunk of his head exploding in  burst of plastic shards and ruined electronics. Milno is next, catching a small caliber round to the shoulder and a significantly larger one to the gut. Neither make it through his cloak, let alone the armor under it.  Mesk takes a small caliber round straight to the throat and collapses as his spine is peppered with metal shrapnel. Lars' goes spinning when a shot connects into his rifle, protecting him but breaking the weapon. 

Team C and D

((sorry for the lack of posts. I was away for a few days and sadly had little access to internet.))

Lukas moves near the spot where Feyri was shot, sticks his arm with the gauss gatling gun around the corner and opens a long burst of (blind) fire.
(There's uh...no corners in a straight all...so)

You step forward with Miyamoto putting yourself in front of the rest of the team, and open fire on the barricade in the distance.

[con:2]
Gauss rounds spray down the hall, plinking off the walls and peppering the area around the barricade but not hitting the barricade itself.

Stay in front of the team. If the team starts retreating, retreat as well, but stay between them and the shooter. Blare blatant lies.mp3 through speakers. If they fire at us again, shoot the mining laser at them, make sure none of our team is standing in front of me as I do so.

'Everybody retreat, stay behind my suit. Pancaek, Stacy, keep your amps ready. Feyri, you alright in there? Can you still walk? If so, get behind me.

You charge forward, sweeping Feyri behind you As Lukas moves to your side and opens fire without a word.  Welp.

[con:2]
You sweep the laser in a horizontal slash, trying to bisect the barricade but end up simply carving a molten gash in the area above the wall.  Well..damn it.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, PD Entrance

Stand behind Miyamoto and try to locate the shooter. Shout to them after the others have finished blaring their bits of diplomacy:

"Stand down, citizens, or we will be forced to use lethal force to subdue you!"

If and only if they keep shooting, use MFM to superheat the air in their general vicinity unless anybody from my team has already tackled them or killed them or something.
You hide behind Miyamoto as bullets ricochet down the hall. You can't tell where the shots are coming from, but you think at least a few of them are coming from down range. You peak out as best you can and begin typing.

[uncon:4+1]

You tap away wildly on the buttons, slamming in distances, temperatures and god knows how much complex math as bullets skip off your teammate/cover. You flinch down as one screams by just overhead and hit execute.

Far down the hall, behind that scrap metal barricade, the air itself seems to boil and glow red hot. You can hear faint screaming, surprising  and in pain,  and see fire erupt, seemingly of nowhere as men and fabric burn. It's all over in less then  15 seconds. You cradle your head, almost dizzy from the speed of your work and the strain on your mind, but smiling none the less. Bastards never stood a chance.

"I like how we're giving mister blasty over there a chance to surrender, no way that could go wrong."

Get behind Miyamoto in cover, clear mind and focus on the area the attack came from. Should they fire again, do an amp attack together with Stacy, heating the air like she does

Yell to our attacker:"If you do not comply and surrender this instant we will be forced to subdue you."
You're about to use your amp when stacy beats you to it. You watch the air boil and listen to the quickly ended screams. A moment later, all thats left is a distant crackling of fire.

Name:Flint - Team C - PD entrance

"SHOOTER! TAKE COVER!"

Take Feyri to cover if she doesn't move. Try to take cover. If no cover is available try to ram the barricade near the place the shot came. Also shout that this is a UWM rescue mission through the speakers.
You hide behind Miyamoto and Lukas as the firefight commences and, just as suddenly, ends.

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station Hallway

"Damn it, I knew it!" Faith shouted, moving to retreat. "Everyone get back, it's not worth getting shot over."

Switching to speakers, she upped the volume so whoever was firing at them could hear her.

"Attention shooter, this is a UWM rescue force. Please be advised that we have enough firepower to reduce that barricade to molten fluid.

That said, our primary objective is to locate and evacuate all survivors, so if you would like to talk about this instead, please feel free."

Retreat, blare diplomacy at the barricade.
You consider the fact that words were been oddly prophetic as you stare at the burning barricade.

Jobasio gritted his teeth, half-stepping, half-hopping to one side and ducking to a crouch in the cover provided by the battlesuit. He braced his gauss rifle against a shoulder and took aim at the offending barricade, finger ready on the trigger.

"Careful, Team Leader. Might be best to take cover here rather than moving back down the hall through the open."

>Crouch down in partial cover behind Miyamoto, take aim at the barricade the shot came from.

>If anything moves behind it without an announcement of surrender, shoot it-- if I can get a clear shot without risking allies.

Nothing's moving now, by the look of it.

((It's the page of the devil! And I hope nothing happens that's too bad...))

"SHIT! TAKE COVER! TRY TO SPOT THAT SHOOTER!"

Take cover and prepare to fire at where the shot came from. Try to see if I can spot where the shot came from, with both motion tracking and normal eyesight.

I'm guessing you can tell this by now, but shit got mopped up real nice and fast a moment ago.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9998 on: December 01, 2012, 06:30:07 pm »

((Oh goody. I quite a bit of stuff to do today, I just didn't realize that stuff involved laying around, being a smart-arse and drinking while watching movies. Thanks peicewise.))

((there was a beautiful post here, almost poetic in it's composition and integrity of action. It involved Sambo wasting copious amounts of laser battery for no reason, but he just missed out. So, this is the redacted version.))

Sambo - Team D - Police Station Entrance.

"Holy shit. Are you ok Feyri?"

Move forward to the barricade, rifle at the ready. Shoot anything that shoots at me, the team, or even anything that looks like it might. If I see anyone not from the HMRC, shoot them.

"Command? Have you had any contact from the coppers down here? Some bastards shot at us, but maybe they're just doing their job. Funnily enough, so are we."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:49:16 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9999 on: December 01, 2012, 06:33:39 pm »

Team D Leader Faith, Police Station Hall

"...we were supposed to be rescuing them, you know," Faith said, looking at the remnants of the barricade. "Just because they shot at us first didn't mean they wouldn't have wanted to be rescued. They might have just assumed we were here to murder them, like everyone else in here before now."

Advance forward, inspect the wreckage.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10000 on: December 01, 2012, 06:33:50 pm »

Simus' emoticon turns into \☼-☼/, and over her PA, loud enough to overpower anyone else:

All hostiles, cease fire or you will be fired upon! We have been sent by the UWM to evacuate all colony personnel, but we will retaliate if we continue to be attacked. I say again, Cease fire or we will return fire!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:36:35 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10001 on: December 01, 2012, 06:38:47 pm »

"FUCK, GET TO COVER!"
Run, get the head of Mesk if i can.
((Oh Crap, Oh God, Oh God Of Crap, save us please your crapyness!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10002 on: December 01, 2012, 06:49:49 pm »

So, do I open fire, or try to talk them down?

Maybe I'm suicidal, but these don't have to be our enemies. Besides, does it really matter at this point if I get shot?

Along with Simus, Kyle called out

"Whoever you are, STAND DOWN! We're here to rescue you, not kill you!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #10003 on: December 01, 2012, 07:14:15 pm »

Name:Flint - Team C - PD entrance

@Feyri:"Next time I suggest you let the giant armored robot go first, if you want to return to your robot friend in one piece."

Try to open up the barricade while shouting through the speakers:"This is a UWM rescue mission. You have seen our firepower. Fight us and you will die. Surrender and we promise no harm will come to you."

"Well, those guys were idiots and now they are toast. Let's hope anyone left alive in there is smart enough to surrender. Good... whatever it is you did Stacy. And good job team in general. Although it would have been better if those idiots hadn't died."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 07:28:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10004 on: December 01, 2012, 07:16:23 pm »

((Wow. People HAD TO SHOOT and taken as initiative before any kind of diplomacy was reached.

I am very disgusted.))
Pages: 1 ... 665 666 [667] 668 669 ... 1256