Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946273 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9570 on: November 24, 2012, 01:24:01 am »

"Are we all clear for this floor?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9571 on: November 24, 2012, 01:25:59 am »

"Our objective is blocked by radiation - we don't know the source, or at least I don't. I couldn't get a sight through my scoped gauss rifle on what it was until the alarms rang.

"So yes. Other than the dead civilians on this floor and the common ventilation duct too small for any of us, perhaps we are finished."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9572 on: November 24, 2012, 01:39:09 am »

Jobasio spoke up, frowning behind his faceplate as he followed Faith whilst keeping a safe distance from the battlesuit.
"Who's to say it was activated intentionally? With all the confusion and rioting going on, there could easily have been a radiation leak in there. Especially with what those mining lasers can do..."
He thought for a moment, absently drumming his fingers against his gauss rifle, then added: "As well as that, I don't think we're entirely sure where said radiation was activated from. Perhaps it was activated from another part of the facility to kill those in this area?"

>Follow Faith, as usual. Keep watch for danger.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9573 on: November 24, 2012, 01:43:12 am »

"Or...as to trap whatever lurks below..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9574 on: November 24, 2012, 01:46:47 am »

"I've regretted too much by not asking. Could you tell me what the British are?"

"The British were the operators of the infamous British Inn. As to why it was infamous, it was known for dealing in various... strange pleasures. They prostituted beings of every walk of life and biological composition, from robots to mutants to heavy burn victims (which were in especially high demand, as I hear clients really loved the screaming). Of course, it wasn't around in my time, so what I repeat is mostly myths and legends. However, I can't help but think that there might have been a grain of truth there. Would explain why nothing was ever built on the burnt-out husk of the building where the British Inn was supposed to be."

Find the least destroyed bit of communications equipment. Examine it and try to figure out ow to fix it. Don't touch it, though.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9575 on: November 24, 2012, 02:26:28 am »

Team D Leader Faith, LRC Room

"Feyri, from what we've seen so far, there doesn't seem to be any reason to think this violence was caused by anything but colonists who were either incredibly angry and scared or possibly mentally affected by sickness. Aliens and mutants both seem too complex to bother with until we get some evidence in that direction, though I'll admit that whatever caused that contamination leak was either accidental, incredibly poorly thought out, or in pursuit of a truly bizarre set of goals.

Anyway, assuming I can get this power loader suit thing operational, would anyone mind me taking it? Can't use the laser that goes with it, but the suit itself seems pretty handy."

Examine power loader suit thing's properties, including what it uses for power or fuel. See if I'd be able to fit in there without taking off my current suit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: November 24, 2012, 02:44:09 am »

Lukas makes his way to the main elevator and waits for the others to go down with him
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9577 on: November 24, 2012, 03:10:17 am »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

"Can anyone verify or not verify my hypothesis? The enemies we may be facing are either ones of erratic nature, or aliens. Nobody would activate a radiation procedure willingly -...or perhaps mutants."

Follow Bishop.

[spoiler=Team C and D - labelled for convenience]
Quote from: Team C
Miyamoto ; Radio Controlled
Stacy ; Harry Baldman
Feyri Nirel ; Tiruin
Pancaek ; Pancaek
Flint ; Parisbre56

Quote from: Team D
Faith Valentine ; IronyOwl
Jackinthebox ; Yoink
Bishop ; Zako
lukas ; Prosperus
sambo ; sambojin

You follow bishop to the elevator and sit down.

Jobasio spoke up, frowning behind his faceplate as he followed Faith whilst keeping a safe distance from the battlesuit.
"Who's to say it was activated intentionally? With all the confusion and rioting going on, there could easily have been a radiation leak in there. Especially with what those mining lasers can do..."
He thought for a moment, absently drumming his fingers against his gauss rifle, then added: "As well as that, I don't think we're entirely sure where said radiation was activated from. Perhaps it was activated from another part of the facility to kill those in this area?"

>Follow Faith, as usual. Keep watch for danger.
You stick with Faith.

"I've regretted too much by not asking. Could you tell me what the British are?"

"The British were the operators of the infamous British Inn. As to why it was infamous, it was known for dealing in various... strange pleasures. They prostituted beings of every walk of life and biological composition, from robots to mutants to heavy burn victims (which were in especially high demand, as I hear clients really loved the screaming). Of course, it wasn't around in my time, so what I repeat is mostly myths and legends. However, I can't help but think that there might have been a grain of truth there. Would explain why nothing was ever built on the burnt-out husk of the building where the British Inn was supposed to be."

Find the least destroyed bit of communications equipment. Examine it and try to figure out ow to fix it. Don't touch it, though.
The least destroyed piece of machinery is in no less then 6 pieces. You don't think you're getting this to work without basically rebuilding it and that would need a huge number of parts.

Basically, shit be broke.

"Feyri, from what we've seen so far, there doesn't seem to be any reason to think this violence was caused by anything but colonists who were either incredibly angry and scared or possibly mentally affected by sickness. Aliens and mutants both seem too complex to bother with until we get some evidence in that direction, though I'll admit that whatever caused that contamination leak was either accidental, incredibly poorly thought out, or in pursuit of a truly bizarre set of goals.

Anyway, assuming I can get this power loader suit thing operational, would anyone mind me taking it? Can't use the laser that goes with it, but the suit itself seems pretty handy."

Examine power loader suit thing's properties, including what it uses for power or fuel. See if I'd be able to fit in there without taking off my current suit.
[aux:6+1]
Hard to tell just by looking but it seems like it has an internal power source. Maybe a generator, maybe just a battery. Won't be able to tell without prying some panels. As per it's capacities, it looks strong and sturdy, even moreso then a Mk III's exoskeleton, but it's also slower, designed for manual labor, not combat.

Lukas makes his way to the main elevator and waits for the others to go down with him
You walk to the Elevator and sit down.

Your coms spit static for a second before Command's voice comes on.

"This level looks clear. Proceed to the elevator and you will be briefed about the second level before you descend. The APC's will follow after you make sure the initial area is clear."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: November 24, 2012, 03:39:43 am »

Faith looked at the exoskeleton for a bit. Slow but strong; that might come in handy at some point. Possibly not on this mission because they had two and a half giant robots with them already, but still. Waste not want not, right?

See if I can fit in the exoskeleton wearing my current suit. If so, attempt to do so and walk the exoskeleton over to the elevator.

If not, see if any of the consoles are salvageable for parts, then head to the elevator.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: November 24, 2012, 03:59:38 am »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Long Range Comms.

Well, if shit be broke, shit be broke, as my dad used to say. Funny guy, my dad.

Go to the elevator and step away from the door, preferably in the corner.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: November 24, 2012, 04:01:17 am »

(Huh, people are trusting me with their characters?  I can barely be trusted with my own o__O)

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Move onward, examine elevator.
"You're wrong, the British were an empire back before the UWM that controlled just a fraction of some insignificant planet.  Led by their wizard king Harry, they fought other empires called the French over control of the Holy Grail, the Spanish over some sort of religious Inquisition and robotic alien enemies from space called Daleks.  Their royal guards were renowned for having botulinum toxin injected in their faces so they'd never react to a threat."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9581 on: November 24, 2012, 04:14:52 am »

Faith looked at the exoskeleton for a bit. Slow but strong; that might come in handy at some point. Possibly not on this mission because they had two and a half giant robots with them already, but still. Waste not want not, right?

See if I can fit in the exoskeleton wearing my current suit. If so, attempt to do so and walk the exoskeleton over to the elevator.

If not, see if any of the consoles are salvageable for parts, then head to the elevator.

You step into the suit and press the close button. Armor plates and machinery close around you with a hiss. You flex your new robotic muscles and walk to the elevator, getting used to the slight delay between your motions and the machine's.

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Long Range Comms.

Well, if shit be broke, shit be broke, as my dad used to say. Funny guy, my dad.

Go to the elevator and step away from the door, preferably in the corner.
You go to the elevator and try to stand in the corner. The corner of a round room. You start walking in circles, searching for a corner. You fail to find one, but you do succeed on making yourself very dizzy.

(Huh, people are trusting me with their characters?  I can barely be trusted with my own o__O)

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Move onward, examine elevator.
"You're wrong, the British were an empire back before the UWM that controlled just a fraction of some insignificant planet.  Led by their wizard king Harry, they fought other empires called the French over control of the Holy Grail, the Spanish over some sort of religious Inquisition and robotic alien enemies from space called Daleks.  Their royal guards were renowned for having botulinum toxin injected in their faces so they'd never react to a threat."
The elevator is...a rather disinteresting round platform in a round shaft with a control panel in the center. Functional if not fashionable.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: November 24, 2012, 04:22:30 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]
"Looking good, Faith.  So are we done on this level?  Shall we move on?  How many of us will that elevator take, then, and if it can't take all of us which squad wants to go first?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: November 24, 2012, 04:27:19 am »

"If it can take those APC's, then all of us, easily. It's a cargo elevator, it's meant to be able to carry a lot of stuff. Is everyone here?"

Go get anyone who is lagging behind and drag them onto the elevator. NEXT LEVEL TIME!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: November 24, 2012, 04:57:02 am »

'Hey, Milno, you are going to give that back after the mission, won't you? Cause it was Faith and me who unlocked it, and you just snatched it from us while we were working.'

Go to elevator.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 637 638 [639] 640 641 ... 1256