Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946446 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9525 on: November 23, 2012, 08:33:54 am »

Team B - Lukas - near comms room

Lukas quickly pulls his head back out when he sees the man with the laser and moves away from the opening he just created. "Stand back guys. There's a guy with a laser gun in there. He's probably dead but let's not take any chances here. Can anyone on team A o B check whether this guy is still moving?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: November 23, 2012, 08:48:00 am »

((I was talking to both teams in general.))

"Oh shit! It's gotta be a mining laser! COVER!"

Take cover around the corner and pray the guy doesn't sweep the laser across where I'm hiding.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: November 23, 2012, 10:33:02 am »

Thomas jumps upon seeing Lukas on the other side of the room. While he was a friendly, that still didn't make him an unsurprising sight. Especially when he's behind someone much, much bigger.
Don't fire yet, but be ready too in case he attacks the other team. Scope up, if this is an appropriate range.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 01:08:47 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: November 23, 2012, 10:51:11 am »

"I'm reasonably sure this guy is already dead, but I suppose there's no point in taking chances..."

Keep the MFM ready, don't actually fire unless the man takes hostile action. Also don't fire if a teammate decided to engage in melee/close range combat.

((By the way, roughly how big are Monatomic razors, anyway?))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9529 on: November 23, 2012, 10:54:25 am »

((Think a jewlers saw. But sharper.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: November 23, 2012, 11:50:16 am »

((I dare not think what kind of germs they were trying to kill with that much radiation.))

Go to hall to LRC, play blatant lies.mp3.
If the powersuit guy doesn't shoot anyone, go into LRC and take that mining laser. If needed, make the hole in the blastdoors larger so I can move through them.

'Hey Bishop, how did you get this laser of off that guy? Did you cut off his hands or something?'
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 11:55:31 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9531 on: November 23, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno=By LRC's door]

Shoot the man, ignore team.
((And this is why your characters will keep dying. :P))
"Don't shoot yet, you brain-damaged lemming."

Milno sighs before stepping forward to issue his orders to the figure.
"If you are alive, drop to the ground and stay still!"

After Bruce does his shit, use Buzz and a half-max speed dash to move near the man's back and check if he's alive, unlocking his suit and taking his mining laser if he happpens to be dead.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:47:21 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: November 23, 2012, 01:14:15 pm »

Stacy, Team C Physimancer, Long Range Comms Door.

Yell at the hole in the door. Make sure I have turned external speakers on while doing this. Pump up the volume, too.

"Sir or madam, we are here to help! We're the rescue team! Stand down or we may be forced to disarm you!"
pancaek- team C- Longe range comms door
Be wary, duck for cover if you see him make sudden movements

Having follewed stacy, take cover at one side of the door, and shoulder gun, stare at man for any movements

((free of 405's at last))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9533 on: November 23, 2012, 01:17:09 pm »

((Imagine what would happen if we happened upon an army of armed mannequins or some sort of terracotta army thing.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9534 on: November 23, 2012, 01:28:59 pm »

Lars quickly dropped to one knee.  "Stop and drop your weapon, in the name of Steve!  We come here to peacefully evacuate this facilty, but we are authorized to use force if you do not cooperate!

Say above.  If man fires, return fire.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: November 23, 2012, 01:31:03 pm »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

To Jim in the hallway: "Huh, me?  I guess being a medic was the only thing I could do when I came here.  I used to be a hacker, you know?  Spent all my time online, and one day long ago I decided on a whim to take one of those online college courses.  I eventually ended up with a printed-out M.D.  Then the UWM came for me, stuffed me in a stasis box, and I woke up in the HMRC, which I knew all about from my reading... I figured my only shot at making it through alive, was to keep the people who actually knew what they're doing healthy to the best of my ability."

After door is opened: "Ohsh... big guy with a big gun, double-plus-ungood..."
Duck and cover!
"Hey Jim, you alright?  You need a stimulant or something?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9536 on: November 23, 2012, 03:10:30 pm »

Jim sent a message back by text since it would be quieter and less likely to get the potentially hostile man's attention.
Quote from:  James Kelly to Mesk Vraite
I'll be fine after a break; using my amps is mentally exhausting. If I don't feel better in a bit, then we'll see if you can find a port or something on this platform to inject something in, and thanks for the offer.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9537 on: November 23, 2012, 03:23:46 pm »

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

"Hey...Bishop. D-did you hear what I said? Couldn't we repurpose the mining laser for our own use?

"Also...has anyone considered this strange, or if whatever attacked us has another passage back to where it came from, given the barrier of a radioactive room?"
Wait, why am I considering saying that again?!...Bah, nobody listens.

Search the walls of the area for any sign of ventilation shafts or holes in the wall and thank whatever God I heard of from Lars that the radiation didn't hit me...

((If I'm missing ANY CRUCIAL INFORMATION THAT WAS SAID IN COMMS, PLEASE SAY SO. Because I'd not want to repeat what happened...with the trees last time, as far as I can see, no chatter left ignored in my action.))

« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 03:47:43 pm by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9538 on: November 23, 2012, 03:47:36 pm »

(I asked earlier but I didn't get an answer... is it possible for Jim to just take a break if need be and regain some mental stamina? Anyway...)

[Team A Leader, Jim - Long Range Communications]

Jim decided to step aside as quietly as possible to rest his brain and let someone with a ranged weapon handle subduing this guy.

I did tell you, but it was in that post that half vanished and I didn't tell you again when I rewrote. So yeah. But yes, every turn you don't use your amp you get some of that will power back.

You step back and lean against the wall. Someone else can handle this, you're too busy not brain exploding.

Name:Flint - Team C - Loading and Unloading, spaceship

Flint took a moment to catch his breath and waited for his heart to stop pounding in his chest. Whew. Made it. He tried not to think that he had to do this again to get out.

Go to the cargo compartment, find the exosuit and remove the corpse from it. Remove the suit from the corpse to determine cause of death. Use the razor if I have to.
You crawl down into the cargo compartment and find the man in the suit. You drag the body out of the exoskeleton, which remains standing without it, and drop him on the ground. It's easy enough to get his helmet off and once you do you have a good feeling you know what killed him. He's partially decomposed leaking rather disgusting brownish fluids out of the neck of his suit, but you can make out a good deal of blood on his mouth and on the inside of his helmet. It looks like whatever this sickness is, it got him.

[Team A Rookie- Bruce]
"Damn you, you fucker!"
[con:2+1]
Your shot lands near the man's foot and immediately grows out, crystals expanding at frightening speed, ensnaring and mangling his foot before collapsing into ash.

The man doesn't move.

Yell at the hole in the door from cover. Make sure I have turned external speakers on while doing this. Pump up the volume, too.

"Sir or madam, we are here to help! We're the rescue team! Stand down or we may be forced to disarm you!"
The man doesn't move an inch, doesn't lower his weapon but doesn't fire either. He just remains completely immobile.

Team B - Lukas - near comms room

Lukas quickly pulls his head back out when he sees the man with the laser and moves away from the opening he just created. "Stand back guys. There's a guy with a laser gun in there. He's probably dead but let's not take any chances here. Can anyone on team A o B check whether this guy is still moving?"
(do me a favor and bold your actions if you can. It helps me pick them out.)

You pull your head back out of the hole and flatten yourself against the wall as best you can.

((I was talking to both teams in general.))

"Oh shit! It's gotta be a mining laser! COVER!"

Take cover around the corner and pray the guy doesn't sweep the laser across where I'm hiding.
You dive for cover, hiding behind Lukas.

Thomas jumps upon seeing Lukas on the other side of the room. While he was a friendly, that still didn't make him an unsurprising sight. Especially when he's behind someone much, much bigger.
Don't fire yet, but be ready too in case he attacks the other team. Scope up, if this is an appropriate range.
(you're too close to use the scope)

You center your aim on the man's back, ready to fire if the man should give you reason to. He doesn't move so you don't fire.

"I'm reasonably sure this guy is already dead, but I suppose there's no point in taking chances..."

Keep the MFM ready, don't actually fire unless the man takes hostile action. Also don't fire if a teammate decided to engage in melee/close range combat.

((By the way, roughly how big are Monatomic razors, anyway?))
(like kisame said, something like a large jeweler's saw.)

You flip open the MFM and lay your fingers on the controls, ready to attack.

((I dare not think what kind of germs they were trying to kill with that much radiation.))

Go to hall to LRC, play blatant lies.mp3.
If the powersuit guy doesn't shoot anyone, go into LRC and take that mining laser. If needed, make the hole in the blastdoors larger so I can move through them.

'Hey Bishop, how did you get this laser of off that guy? Did you cut off his hands or something?'

You play the sound bite. The man doesn't move. You move to the doors and grab hold, trying to widen them enough to get in.
[str:4+1] You pry the doors apart, forcing them into the wall, servos screaming and failing, before you half crawl, half crouch walk your way inside. You grab the laser in the man's hands and try to take it away from him but he's got a hell of a grip on it: when you lift it up he comes with it, almost cartoonishly rigid as he clings to the weapon.

[Team B Leader=Milno=By LRC's door]

"Don't shoot yet, you brain-damaged lemming."

Milno sighs before stepping forward to issue his orders to the figure.
"If you are alive, drop to the ground and stay still!"

After Bruce does his shit, use Buzz and a half-max speed dash to move near the man's back and check if he's alive, unlocking his suit and taking his mining laser if he happpens to be dead.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
You would do that but...well...miyamoto seems to be playing with the body right now, and it's probably best to stay out of the way of the battle suit, lest you be accidentally swatted across the room.

Yell at the hole in the door. Make sure I have turned external speakers on while doing this. Pump up the volume, too.

pancaek- team C- Longe range comms door
Be wary, duck for cover if you see him make sudden movements

Having follewed stacy, take cover at one side of the door, and shoulder gun, stare at man for any movements

((free of 405's at last))
Well, he's certainly moving a hell of a lot now that Miyamoto is swinging him around the room.

Lars quickly dropped to one knee.  "Stop and drop your weapon, in the name of Steve!  We come here to peacefully evacuate this facilty, but we are authorized to use force if you do not cooperate!

Say above.  If man fires, return fire.

Yeah, you're pretty sure this guy isn't a threat as he is now.

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

To Jim in the hallway: "Huh, me?  I guess being a medic was the only thing I could do when I came here.  I used to be a hacker, you know?  Spent all my time online, and one day long ago I decided on a whim to take one of those online college courses.  I eventually ended up with a printed-out M.D.  Then the UWM came for me, stuffed me in a stasis box, and I woke up in the HMRC, which I knew all about from my reading... I figured my only shot at making it through alive, was to keep the people who actually knew what they're doing healthy to the best of my ability."

After door is opened: "Ohsh... big guy with a big gun, double-plus-ungood..."
Duck and cover!
"Hey Jim, you alright?  You need a stimulant or something?"

You hide behind Jim.

"PROTECT ME YOU MAGNIFICENT MAGIC ROBOT!"

Team C - Feyri Nirel ; Armored Mercenary ; Temporary Storage

"Hey...Bishop. D-did you hear what I said? Couldn't we repurpose the mining laser for our own use?

"Also...has anyone considered this strange, or if whatever attacked us has another passage back to where it came from, given the barrier of a radioactive room?"
Wait, why am I considering saying that again?!...Bah, nobody listens.

Search the walls of the area for any sign of ventilation shafts or holes in the wall and thank whatever God I heard of from Lars that the radiation didn't hit me...

Theres one vent in the Storage area. It's about three inches tall and 5 wide with a metal grate on it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: November 23, 2012, 03:50:05 pm »

...Check that vent in the meantime.

Return to team if nothing necessarily bad or damaging to self, happens.
Pages: 1 ... 634 635 [636] 637 638 ... 1256