Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946465 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9495 on: November 23, 2012, 12:35:28 am »

[Team A Leader, Jim - Main Elevator]

"'Jimothy'?" Jim sighed and shook his head.

Jim proceeded to take care of the door in his usual manner.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: November 23, 2012, 12:59:26 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno=By LRC's door]

Milno stared at the welded door for a moment before moving away as Jim moved in to take care of the door his own special way.
"Command, the door to LRC from our side is welded shut."

Warn Command. Stay a little back from Jim and prepare to react evasively if bad shit happens.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: November 23, 2012, 01:05:25 am »

Ready the cutting torch in case Jim fails to brain through the door.
"Yeah, you have a problem with me using your full name?  I won't if you do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: November 23, 2012, 01:18:05 am »

"...My name is James..." Jim said, shaking his head.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: November 23, 2012, 01:31:56 am »

"Oh.  Ok.  I won't call you Jimothy if you feel that strongly about it."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: November 23, 2012, 01:41:59 am »

Bishop took a few deep breaths to calm down, fingers still tingling.

"Just so you know, there was likely enough radiation in there to kill us in minutes, if not seconds. Anyway, there's no way anyone's going to be alive in there, so it's clear. Let's just keep moving."

Hit the road and head to the next room.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: November 23, 2012, 02:06:44 am »

((Actually, I think that was only double a harmless but cancer-risk-increasing dose. I'm not entirely clear, though.))

"Er, I'm not so sure of that- I think we were shielded enough to not die instantly, at least, and I'm guessing Command's not going to want a room left blank just because there's no survivors.

Uh, Command? You've been following this, I assume?

...also I never knew your name was James, Jim."

Ask for clarification, consider implications of 50 REMs on us. Also consider how much radiation it would take to pierce our suits at that magnitude.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: November 23, 2012, 02:09:39 am »

((If the average inmate lives long enough to suffer from our recent dose of carcinogens I shall be rather surprised... Unless, of course, we fail to get out quickly and end up suffering acute symptoms on the spot. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9503 on: November 23, 2012, 02:13:43 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Loading and Unloading

Well,  I guess I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way.
Make a running jump across the gap if it is possible. Else, try the console again.
What could possibly go wrong?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:28:00 am by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: November 23, 2012, 02:16:15 am »

"...Who did you think was messaging you then, Faith?" Jim said, laughing slightly. He'd sent her a few messages about the tournament with the name 'James Kelly' headlining them...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: November 23, 2012, 02:20:10 am »

"Oh, hah, that. Yeah, guess I just sort of spaced that out...

Uh, if it's not too personal, why does a clone have a last name? No offense or anything, I'm just curious."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: November 23, 2012, 02:27:23 am »

Miyamoto, Team C leader, Temporary storage
Spoiler: Team C and D (click to show/hide)

'Good job back there you guys, much more radiation and we'd be... well, we wouldn't be better for it, that's for sure.'

On Mission control channel: 'Command, you probably saw what just happened. Do you have any anti-radiation tools for us, or should we divert and rendezvous with A and B in LRC?'

Pry open a few more closed containers. Think what could cause that much radiation that would be kept in a place like sterilization.

((By the way, didn't we see anything of Sterilization when the doors opened?))
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 02:33:29 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: November 23, 2012, 02:34:06 am »

"It's the name of the Original. One of us thought it would be nice to have names instead of numbers, and a few of us agreed with her. I chose the middle name of the Original; those of us who chose names decided to just use his family name. In the end, all of us - counting previous and future generations of that line - are all part of the same family." Jim shrugged, even though Faith had no way of seeing him do that given their relative locations. "I don't think that I'm anything like the Original, though. Before this platform, I might have had the closest appearance to him of the twenty-six of my generation, but I'm pretty sure his existence and beliefs weren't colored by the fact he was a clone." He'd accepted that a long time ago, but it was only recently he'd decided to not let that be his entire life. Assuming he survived long enough, he'd grow beyond being #19. He'd make sure of it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: November 23, 2012, 02:53:09 am »

((Deadly stuff happens when you're away.

Hooray.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: November 23, 2012, 03:32:33 am »

"These suits are not as protective as you think they are, not in the slightest. The alarm you were getting was how much radiation was getting THROUGH the suit, not what's actually outside it. We'd be toast if we walked in there wearing just these, and keep in mind that even if we don't die immediately we'd probably be weak as puppies for the rest of the mission from radiation sickness, and this is only the first floor of seven.

Anyway, theres no way anyone is getting through that door now, it's sealed off pretty much for good now. You'd need some high power shit to get through it now, as well as quite some time, which given the sheer amount of radiation inside, you will NOT have. If anyone is in there, they aren't coming out now and they are as good as dead, if they aren't already, which is the most probable scenario."
Pages: 1 ... 632 633 [634] 635 636 ... 1256