Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3947020 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9240 on: November 18, 2012, 10:02:20 pm »

Team D, Jobasio

Comms: "I'll, uh, cover you from over here."
Jomabansho leaned against the wall a moment, gauss rifle held one-handed as he caught his breath.
He straightened up and added, "Let me know if you find anything of note, or if you need backup."

>Catch breath.

>Follow Bishop at a more sedate pace, cautiously keeping watch for any unfriendly movement.

>Ensure I don't lose sight of the rest of the team, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: November 18, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »

[May = Team B]

Follow team and watch our flanks.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: November 18, 2012, 10:18:10 pm »

Team A Leader, Jim

Jim sighed. Apparently May wasn't going to answer that question. Eh, oh well... maybe he was better off not knowing the answer. "I'm going to go ahead and guess that dead bodies were taken to that room there," Jim said, pointing at the door all the trails led to. "I'm going to go check it out. Mesk, cover me. Just in case." Jim then proceeded to the door on the left where all the stains were and opened it. By force, if necessary, but physical only - no amps.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: November 18, 2012, 10:21:40 pm »

Team D Leader, Faith

"Welp, door's open. Moving on ahead."

Enter and examine hall.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9244 on: November 18, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »

((You missed me. Unless the storage controls are the same as the hangar ones.))
(Also missed anailater and myself... but I don't blame him, ton of people on this mission. :P)
Actually I didn't, I know I didn't because I had to make a picture for it. For some reason your posts were deleted when I made the actual post though, no idea why.

((Huh. Another thread might not be an awful idea for GM sanity, actually...))
Not having any problems with it actually.

Follow allies. Stay near the rear.
You stay with the group.

Team D, Jobasio

Comms: "I'll, uh, cover you from over here."
Jomabansho leaned against the wall a moment, gauss rifle held one-handed as he caught his breath.
He straightened up and added, "Let me know if you find anything of note, or if you need backup."

>Catch breath.

>Follow Bishop at a more sedate pace, cautiously keeping watch for any unfriendly movement.

>Ensure I don't lose sight of the rest of the team, though.
You stand around, staring at the entrance to the damaged ship, waiting for bishop to come out.

[May = Team B]

Follow team and watch our flanks.

You crawl around on your hands and knees, watching Thomas's ass with near inhuman intensity.

Team A Leader, Jim

Jim sighed. Apparently May wasn't going to answer that question. Eh, oh well... maybe he was better off not knowing the answer. "I'm going to go ahead and guess that dead bodies were taken to that room there," Jim said, pointing at the door all the trails led to. "I'm going to go check it out. Mesk, cover me. Just in case." Jim then proceeded to the door on the left where all the stains were and opened it. By force, if necessary, but physical only - no amps.

You jiggle the handle of the door. It's open. You turn the handle and duck into the room, scanning the area with your lamps. It looks like a mess hall, with a serving table and food preparation area to the left and metal tables. The tables have all been shoved to the corners of the room and the stains lead to the open center and much larger, deeper stain, a blackening expanse of dried blood, smeared and thin on the edges and thick in the center, shoe prints and hand prints preserved in it's coagulated surface and tracked around the room. In the center of this are bodies, laying face down, men and women and children, some with their hands tied behind their backs, others laying as though they had simply fallen limp or been thrown there, already dead. There are dozens of them, lined up in a row or piled on each other like firewood.

Written on the wall above them in heavy red paint is a phrase.

"THE FATE OF ALL WHO SPREAD SICKNESS"

Team D Leader, Faith

"Welp, door's open. Moving on ahead."

Enter and examine hall.
You step into the hall. It is a completely featureless hall, gray and metallic, lit by over head lights with a similar door at the other end. There are a few motorized platforms in the hall, simply sitting abandoned and empty, carrying no load. You assume that if things were working normally they would be used to ferry containers from the ships to the storage. There is one thing of interest though. A figure in an orange space suit sitting with his back propped up against the wall and his knees pulled to his chest.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: November 18, 2012, 10:50:03 pm »

Jim opened a comm channel. "I've confirmed this is indeed a morgue. No need to investigate further." He left the room and tried the door slightl south and across the hall from the mess.

(It's all good, PW. Stuff like that happens now and then.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: November 18, 2012, 10:52:58 pm »

Lars looked into the room of bodies.  Grim work, but divine will must be obeyed.

Check the bodies in the room Jim opened for clues.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: November 18, 2012, 11:09:26 pm »

((My goodness. The UPDATES! D: Err...requesting update...at least on Team C/D))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: November 18, 2012, 11:10:37 pm »

"Oh. H-Hi May. What're you doin?"
Help out team B. Examine corpses. Try to intuit whether they were actuallyinfected.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:24:17 pm by Spinal_Taper »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9249 on: November 18, 2012, 11:15:41 pm »

[Team B=May]

"PRECIOUS CARGO IS SECURED."

Continue doing whatever Team B is doin.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: November 18, 2012, 11:18:23 pm »

[Team B = Kyle]

"The first door on the right is just a storage room, nothing important in here.", he messaged squads A and B. "Moving out to check out the next door."

That finished, Kyle moved out to check the first door at the corner. (So basically the next door after the storage room one)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9251 on: November 18, 2012, 11:19:43 pm »

((My goodness. The UPDATES! D: Err...requesting update...at least on Team C/D))

(Other than Jobasio and Bishop checking ships, I don't believe anyone on Team C or D is doing anything right now. Teams A and B are sweeping the Quarantine.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: November 18, 2012, 11:20:57 pm »

Back on the ship...pre-mission...

"Nothing hurts anymore."

He looked sad for a bit and then glanced back at Feyri, noticing something.

"Your helmet is broken, or damaged at least. Looks like something with the faceplate. I could fix it later if you want."
"I put it that way, you silly man. Now let's go before we're too late!" Feyri said, using the hand she grabbed earlier to pull on it and drag Bishop to the pods!

Then, without letting him say anything else, liftoff.

((Guys, please add a title to your posts stating from which team you are. It is not necessary, but appreciated. I'll quote a spoiler with the composition with the A-B teams and one of the leaders from the C-D teams could do the same.))
((I commend your bravery!))

Team C, Lead - Feyri

"Are we going to the Temporary Storage already? Whatever the choice, I'm taking the front."

Lead the warpath to the Temporary Storage, stay awaaaay from that derelict ship and dead bodies.

Examine the blood smears as we pass the ship. What direction was it facing?

Spoiler: Team C - Feyri Lead (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: November 18, 2012, 11:22:21 pm »

((@GM: Is the extra 30% fuel I purchased included in your notes? I think the armored pods were in the cheat sheet, but I don't remember the extra fuel.))

[Team B Leader = Milno]

Milno looked around as he got to the end of the hallway. No one trying to kill them yet? Seemed pretty tame then. Corpses of men, women and children? No problem in the end.

Turn off buzz mode and follow Jim carefully in the exploration of the next room.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:38:37 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: November 18, 2012, 11:26:23 pm »

"Holy crap," Faith said, surprised at finding someone potentially alive so early. "We might have a live one, don't bother running over though."

Faith switched to her speakers, assuming they weren't active normally.

"Excuse me," she said, trying to speak loudly and clearly. "You there, huddled against the wall. Are you alright?"

Slowly approach and examine man while talking.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 1256