Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3947096 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9180 on: November 18, 2012, 04:43:03 pm »

Follow Miyamoto.

To Miyamoto: "It seems that the shipping containers that were opened held a shipment of much smaller containers of something. Lots of them. Apparently, something valuable. Also, the containers had no markings. Very odd. Maybe it was a vaccine for the plague? Maybe the plague itself? Either way, something important. Probably illegal, too."

When he reaches Loading and Unloading, Stacy's eyes widen for a second.

"Lots of dead people in here. A massacre. Wonder how long ago it was?"

Examine the bodies that are cloven in half. Analyze the markings and consider how this was done. Laser, razor, what? If a laser, figure out if an ordinary civilian laser rifle could inflict this kind of damage.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:01:43 pm by Harry Baldman »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9181 on: November 18, 2012, 04:49:04 pm »

"With you, Thomas."
If the hallway's clear, check the Quarantine door.  Look for a control panel or other way to open it, but don't actually open it until both teams are in position.
Do this.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9182 on: November 18, 2012, 04:49:48 pm »

"With you, Thomas."
If the hallway's clear, check the Quarantine door.  Look for a control panel or other way to open it, but don't actually open it until both teams are in position.
Do this.
Cover him.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9183 on: November 18, 2012, 04:55:46 pm »

Follow Miyamoto.

To Miyamoto: "It seems that the shipping containers that were opened held a shipment of much smaller containers of something. Lots of them. Apparently, something valuable. Also, the containers had no markings. Very odd. Maybe it was a vaccine for the plague? Maybe the plague itself? Either way, something important. Probably illegal, too."

Examine the bodies that are cloven in half. Analyze the markings and consider how this was done? Laser, razor, what? If a laser, figure out if an ordinary civilian laser rifle could inflict this kind of damage.

'Hmm, interesting. Let's just hope that container wasn't full of weapons or something.
My theory right now is that the shuttle was trying to leave, hence the open hangar doors, but someone stopped that from happening by firing an rpg or something at it. The resulting shrapnel rain then maimed these poor saps here. And since the room wasn't pressurized, even a glancing hit would be fatal.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9184 on: November 18, 2012, 05:00:56 pm »

'Hmm, interesting. Let's just hope that container wasn't full of weapons or something.
My theory right now is that the shuttle was trying to leave, hence the open hangar doors, but someone stopped that from happening by firing an rpg or something at it. The resulting shrapnel rain then maimed these poor saps here. And since the room wasn't pressurized, even a glancing hit would be fatal.'

"Can't help but doubt that, considering that some of these poor people are sliced in half. Plus, I think the room was pressurized when whatever happened here happened. It's just that it depressurized when we came in. Also, the ship seems to have crisscrossing melted gashes on it. Somebody worked it over with a laser, I believe."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9185 on: November 18, 2012, 05:05:53 pm »

"Can't help but doubt that, considering that some of these poor people are sliced in half. Plus, I think the room was pressurized when whatever happened here happened. It's just that it depressurized when we came in. Also, the ship seems to have crisscrossing melted gashes on it. Somebody worked it over with a laser, I believe."
  "No, the blood was flash frozen. Means it boiled due to low pressure... What? I've played in some sci-fi movies."

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9186 on: November 18, 2012, 05:10:26 pm »

"No, the blood was flash frozen. Means it boiled due to low pressure... What? I've played in some sci-fi movies."

'Sure, lasers are a possibility. I'm just thinking out loud, really.'
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:33:10 pm by Radio Controlled »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9187 on: November 18, 2012, 05:34:55 pm »

"Or maybe they were aliens with laser eyes who came here. Or this could be some kind of mass-suicide cult."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9188 on: November 18, 2012, 05:38:04 pm »

Scan room with termal vision, then start heading towards the loading/unloading room, motioning the others to follow me. Examine the corpses in the room; try to figure out what could have killed them, or at least how they were killed.

Over Open channel: 'C'mon men, let's get going. I'll go first, if that's alright, cause if they start shooting I'd rather have them shoot the heavy armor instead of you guys. Team D, can you finish the sweep of the Hanger and meet up with us when you're ready? And team A and B, I suggest you get going for the quarantine housing, that place looks massive so it might take a while to thoroughly search.'

Then, he creates a few comm channels for easy reference later on:

A 'command channel' going to the other squad leaders.
A 'mission control channel' to the UWM mission commander.
A 'squad channel' to other members of C squad.
An 'open channel' to everybody in the vicinity.

((By the way,PW, how does my mobility battlesuit's armor compare to a normal battlesuit's? ))

((EDIT: crap, just a few seconds too late.))
You toggle the thermal vision on your battlesuit  and look around. You can't see any any hotspots, save for the heat fins on your teammate's suits. You toggle the mode off and then thud your way over to the loading and unloading area.

You lower yourself onto one knee and carefully maneuver your robotic hands to scoop up the nearest corpse and examine it. It's got a massive chunk missing from it's side, as though someone took an enormous melon baller and just chopped a semicircle out of it. The flesh is frozen from exposure but otherwise it looks like a very clean cut, a laser most likely.  You place the body down and take up another. It's the same story.

(it's about half as good, which is still a hell of a lot better then anyone elses, with the exception of milno)

((I mixed up the marine's introductory map and direction making...))

To the Loading/Unloading room!

Broadcasting Comms on.

"Oh goodness...does everyone see- oh goodness. Not even the children...Proceed in single file, I'll sound off our intention if there are any who are still alive."

Announce to the general room our presence and to sound off in coherent tones if any survivors are present.
You get no response back. Just silence.

"Interesting, The blood is starting to thaw, should we be worried that the infection might have been..watchamacallit...hibernating until now? Miyamoto, any gadgets in that suit of yours to scan for such things?"

Carefully aproach a body and check the wounds, if there are any signs of sickness/infection, also look if there are any kind of weapons near the bodies.
You find the same clear cut wounds as Miyamoto, but if there are signs of infection you can't see them. There's lots of blood, but that probably has more to do with the fact that the body was cloven in two.

"What in the devil's name happened here?" Flint muttered... "So much for 'No signs of struggle'..."

"We've got bodies here. Lots of them. Looks like they were trying to get to the ship here and someone with guns had a different opinion."

Examine the ship and the containers. Try to determine what they were trying to do. Look for weapons around the corpses. Avoid stepping on the corpses if possible.

No need to desecrate the dead.
The ship is almost surely a cargo tug, designed to ferry cargo from the colony to a larger ship and back again, nothing like the Miltary ship you saw earlier. They probably don't even have stasis pods aboard, save for maybe a handful of emergency ones.

You walk carefully through the scattered bodies, stepping over them to get to the cargo containers. Several have been smashed open by the fall and you peek in to see their contents. One is filled with food, great amounts of freezedried and preserved stuff. Another has square, plastic water jugs, another has what looks like extra tanks of fuel. Provisions for a long flight.

There are no weapons around the bodies or anywhere in sight for that matter.

"B-bodies? Oh god I'm gonna die aren't I"
Bruce heads to the hallway to the quarantine place and peeks.
You look down the hallway. It's empty, save for the giant, fuckoff blast door with a red X on it.

"Well, I suppose it's time to get going."

Open the hallway to the quarantine housing, keep my microwave field manipulator at the ready, just in case. Follow alongside Milno if/when he goes down it.
You walk to the blast door to the quarantine housing and hit the "Open" button on the console near the door. It asks for a password.

Follow Miyamoto.

Examine the bodies that are cloven in half. Analyze the markings and consider how this was done. Laser, razor, what? If a laser, figure out if an ordinary civilian laser rifle could inflict this kind of damage.
Razor wouldn't be clean like this, razor would explode the flesh around it, cause massive damage, this is something different. Probably a laser and not a civilian one-civilians don't even have lasers actually-but no even a police laser, maybe not even one of your military laser rifles. Something powerful.

"With you, Thomas."
Do this.
You join kyle at the end of the hall, both staring at the control panel. He pokes at it, you decide that it's better not to do that.

"With you, Thomas."
Do this.
Cover him.
You keep the hall covered as Mesk and Kyle stand around by the control panel, seemly just staring at it idly.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9189 on: November 18, 2012, 05:41:09 pm »

"Poor sods"

Look around the room for anything interesting, out of place or potentially dangerous/expensive

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9190 on: November 18, 2012, 05:44:45 pm »

"Their's only one logical route to take!"
Knock on the door.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9191 on: November 18, 2012, 05:45:51 pm »

"Uh... leet hacking time."
"password".  "admin".  "12345".  Go down the list of ten most common passwords.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 05:53:52 pm by Remalle »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9192 on: November 18, 2012, 05:47:19 pm »

((Hmm, is my armor better than Milno's? If so, by what degree?))

Attempt to unlock kinetic amps in hands, stand well back from the rest of the team in case something goes awry.

'I'll just take a minute to try and activate my built-in kinetic amps. Better do it now, before the fighting begins, you know? I'll join you guys shortly.'

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9193 on: November 18, 2012, 05:48:03 pm »

"Don't. There could be alarms set to wrong answers for a password. Just hit cancel, and let's open the door via Monatomic razor."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9194 on: November 18, 2012, 05:50:53 pm »

Jim opens the quarantine door via melting it and goes on through. If questioned by any civilians inside, he will pretend to be an actual robot there to transport them to the personal carrier and get them out.

(Well, the plan I had fell apart instantly since everyone's just going to quarantine... >.<)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 611 612 [613] 614 615 ... 1256