Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3947099 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9165 on: November 18, 2012, 03:49:26 pm »

Take up a firing position, point the rifle directly down the hall.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9166 on: November 18, 2012, 03:52:51 pm »

"No markings on the containers. Very suspicious, I think. Probably something shady or dangerous. Nothing good colonists should get mixed up with."

Examine discarded plastic. Does it look like it might have been used to absorb shock in order to prevent fragile objects from breaking during transport? Say, something made of glass?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:12:52 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: November 18, 2012, 03:53:21 pm »

"What is that?" Feyri asked, proceeding in front of Miyamoto.

Go and examine sterilization room. No residue or any other substance on the floor, walls or ceiling?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: November 18, 2012, 03:54:56 pm »

"alright, next room"

follow Flint. Keep gun shouldered and look around for anything out of place

((@ tiruin, sterilization is still a long way off, if i read the map correctly))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:00:02 pm by Pancaek »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #9169 on: November 18, 2012, 03:55:55 pm »

"With you, Thomas."
If the hallway's clear, check the Quarantine door.  Look for a control panel or other way to open it, but don't actually open it until both teams are in position.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9170 on: November 18, 2012, 03:57:22 pm »

"Well, nothing useful here. Proceeding with the objective."

Check the loading and unloading room for danger. Then check for anything interesting or valuable.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: November 18, 2012, 04:08:42 pm »

((Did Steve respond?  I asked him a question but it wasn't bolded.  No matter- I'll just try again.))

"Glorious Steve, can you hear us?"

Ask, then fall in with Milno on the approach to the doors.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9172 on: November 18, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »

Take up a firing position, point the rifle directly down the hall.
You point your rifle down the hall, right at the door.

"No markings on the containers. Very suspicious, I think. Probably something shady or dangerous. Nothing good colonists should get mixed up with."

Examine discarded plastic. Does it look like it might have been used to prevent fragile objects from breaking during transport? Say, something made of glass?
You pick up some of the plastic wrap and look at it,trying to pull it apart with your hands.  It's fairly strong stuff but the sheets left laying around here that aren't torn completely to shreds are fairly large, and the pallets of remnants of plastic wrap on them. Chances are this platic wrap was just used to hold smaller containers on these pallets.

"What is that?" Feyri asked, proceeding in front of Miyamoto.

Go and examine sterilization room. No residue or any other substance on the floor, walls or ceiling?
Feyri, you've seen the map Right? Been posted a few times.

You're in the hanger. The sterilization room is all the way on the other side, through loading and unloading and temporary storage. So what you're telling me is that you want to completely abandon your team and run, blindly, through half the level, ignoring anything you see along the way, until you reach that room?

"alright, next room"

follow Flint. Keep gun shouldered and look around for anything out of place

((@ tiruin, sterilization is still a long way off, if i read the map correctly))
You follow flint.

"Well, nothing useful here. Proceeding with the objective."

Check the loading and unloading room for danger. Then check for anything interesting or valuable.
You head toward the Loading and unloading area. It's not a separate building so much as an extension of the hanger, a massive catwalk coated alcove where mechanical limbs on the floor unload shipping containers and passengers spill out onto waiting walkways before being lead to quarantine housing to wait for admission into the colony.

And it is far from pristine. The ship in the arms of the cradle seems looks as though it's been gutted; it's cargo bays in the hull lie open and shipping containers have spilled out and piled pell-mell on the ground. Thick gashes with partially melted edges criss-cross the ship seemingly randomly and the entrance hatch on the side of the ship, as well as part of the catwalk leading to it, have been blown apart and scorched black.

Bodies in civilian space suits litter the ground near the shipping containers and the catwalks around the ship, bodies with limbs severed, bodies cloven in half or even with just glancing cuts, killed by vacuum and cold. Adults and children, garish in bright, easily visible orange with dark pools of flash frozen blood beside them or crusting railings and walls where it solidified instantly. It is all beginning to melt now that heat and air have returned, faint dripping of thawing blood filling the otherwise silent place.

((Did Steve respond?  I asked him a question but it wasn't bolded.  No matter- I'll just try again.))

"Glorious Steve, can you hear us?"

Ask, then fall in with Milno on the approach to the doors.
No response. You swallow and fall in line with milno. Perhaps this place is more unholy then you imagined.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: November 18, 2012, 04:22:21 pm »

Scan room with termal vision, then start heading towards the loading/unloading room, motioning the others to follow me. Examine the corpses in the room; try to figure out what could have killed them, or at least how they were killed.

Over Open channel: 'C'mon men, let's get going. I'll go first, if that's alright, cause if they start shooting I'd rather have them shoot the heavy armor instead of you guys. Team D, can you finish the sweep of the Hanger and meet up with us when you're ready? And team A and B, I suggest you get going for the quarantine housing, that place looks massive so it might take a while to thoroughly search.'

Then, he creates a few comm channels for easy reference later on:

A 'command channel' going to the other squad leaders.
A 'mission control channel' to the UWM mission commander.
A 'squad channel' to other members of C squad.
An 'open channel' to everybody in the vicinity.

((By the way,PW, how does my mobility battlesuit's armor compare to a normal battlesuit's? ))

((EDIT: crap, just a few seconds too late.))
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:25:32 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: November 18, 2012, 04:26:00 pm »

((I mixed up the marine's introductory map and direction making...))

To the Loading/Unloading room!

Broadcasting Comms on.

"Oh goodness...does everyone see- oh goodness. Not even the children...Proceed in single file, I'll sound off our intention if there are any who are still alive."

Announce to the general room our presence and to sound off in coherent tones if any survivors are present.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: November 18, 2012, 04:31:10 pm »

"Interesting, The blood is starting to thaw, should we be worried that the infection might have been..watchamacallit...hibernating until now? Miyamoto, any gadgets in that suit of yours to scan for such things?"

Carefully aproach a body and check the wounds, if there are any signs of sickness/infection, also look if there are any kind of weapons near the bodies.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9176 on: November 18, 2012, 04:31:41 pm »

"What in the devil's name happened here?" Flint muttered... "So much for 'No signs of struggle'..."

"We've got bodies here. Lots of them. Looks like they were trying to get to the ship here and someone with guns had a different opinion."

Examine the ship and the containers. Try to determine what they were trying to do. Look for weapons around the corpses. Avoid stepping on the corpses if possible.

No need to desecrate the dead.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:34:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: November 18, 2012, 04:36:32 pm »

"B-bodies? Oh god I'm gonna die aren't I"
Bruce heads to the hallway to the quarantine place and peeks.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: November 18, 2012, 04:39:00 pm »

"Everyone, I'm assuming my voice can be heard by you all. The bodies - most of them anyways- seem cleaved in two. No bullet can do such, despite bullet attacks being shredding or tearing, but I'm betting something serrated or an edged weapon. I'll try to examine one of these bodies up close. Can anyone...Any fleshtech out there, use one of their supplies or bio-scanners or anything? Surely we're equipped with those.

Betting its a heat-type weapon, or something that uses plasma..."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:41:03 pm by Tiruin »

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: November 18, 2012, 04:40:40 pm »

"Well, I suppose it's time to get going."

Open the hallway to the quarantine housing, keep my microwave field manipulator at the ready, just in case. Follow alongside Milno if/when he goes down it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 04:56:17 pm by Nicholas1024 »
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 [612] 613 614 ... 1256