Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943516 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: A storm is coming.
« Reply #8670 on: October 31, 2012, 09:17:04 pm »

Check my rifle and follow the group.

(( If I'm gonna die your going with me :P. ))

((How about here? I think that it's pretty obvious about what you're trying to do there, given that you know you are being chased by a killbot.

Anyway, if we attack, we might just bring more of them down on us. We ARE right in the middle of a large group of hunters, remember? If we let them take you, they'll probably spare the rest of us so we can take your body to the shuttle without being chases through the electro-storm by hunters.))

"Sorry, but it's for the best. Be ready if they come after us."

Get ready to fire if the killbots try to come after us. Pray that they don't.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: October 31, 2012, 09:36:34 pm »

((HEY LOOK AT ALL THIS UTILITARIANISM

Anyways, this reminds me of a dream I had. It was in Einstienian Roulette, and all the sudden all these newbies show up. Then they kill all the developed characters. I've never raged harder in a dream.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: October 31, 2012, 11:10:31 pm »

((HEY LOOK AT ALL THIS UTILITARIANISM

Anyways, this reminds me of a dream I had. It was in Einstienian Roulette, and all the sudden all these newbies show up. Then they kill all the developed characters. I've never raged harder in a dream.))

((... >.> ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: October 31, 2012, 11:14:44 pm »

((I don't really see how you are worried about the 'developed' characters when only Bishop is the sole 'veteran' on this mission. And he's a lot harder to kill as of late.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: October 31, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »

((I don't really see how you are worried about the 'developed' characters when only Bishop is the sole 'veteran' on this mission. And he's a lot harder to kill as of late.))

((I forgot to note they killed everyone on the ship. And because it was a dream, Piecewise was like "Okay".

I'm not drawing parallels, the situation just reminded me.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8675 on: November 01, 2012, 01:02:04 am »

Head to that building.
You crutch-walk your way into the building and promptly sit down in one of the corners, feeling very protected here, at the very least.

Shoot the robot until it's dead and run towards the group if I get a chance and shout at the robot.
Why don't you go kill the cowards in the corner metal man they killed a couple of your friends outside and then riped apart the remains.

(( How nice lol the other fights you all join in to help then I get into a fight and you all just abandon me. Thanks. ))
[str:3]
You struggle to free yourself from the hands, their inhuman strength tearing you back towards the slowly opening elevator doors. You can't escape their grasp but you do manage to grab the edge of the door as you are ripped past in, catching hold with one hand. You dangle there, hands clawing away at you as the machine rises up behind you in a cloud of fire and smoke, the elevator shaft a vision of boiling hell, lost in burning light and screaming noise. Perched on that rising firestorm is a robot constructed from a Hindu nightmare, Vaguely humanoid in shape, lacking legs as far as you can see, and with dozens of thin, serpentine arms sprouting from each shoulder. Where a head would be is a mask, or helmet. It looks distressingly like the ones you and your team mates wear.

settle in a crouching stance, shouldering the supersoaker, not yet pointing at at anything.

"And when you think you've found your luck, in the bollocks you'll get struck. Oh it's bad luck to be us"
You crouch in the corner as roaring smoke and flame lick out of the elevator shaft into the room and Leon is dragged back, clawing at the door.

'Fascinating...'
Miyamoto stares in awe for a second before continuing the questioning.

'Is there a way for this experiment to end? As in, is there an endpoint to all this, or will they continue to develop till the end of times?'

'Also, about that technical info, would it be possible to provide us with a storage unit to take all, or at least some, of that data with us? We weren't given any tools to copy such an amount of data, and even if we were, this technology is completely different from ours, so it wouldn't be compatible anyway.
And would you happen to know who these 'overseers' are your sub-systems were talking about? Are you an overseer?'

Converse with the surprisingly friendly AI.
"It shall continue till the project leads come to take the data. They have not come, so it shall continue."

He listens to your second request.

"I have no protocol for dealing with such things. No knowledge of whom this information belongs to. But I shall give you want you ask, if it will cease your meddling in this installation."

"HA HA!"

Point and laugh at leons demise shoot him myself if the robot is killed..
"SERVES YOU RIGHT!" you shout as he is dragged into the elevator.
Check my rifle and follow the group.

(( If I'm gonna die your going with me :P. ))

((How about here? I think that it's pretty obvious about what you're trying to do there, given that you know you are being chased by a killbot.

Anyway, if we attack, we might just bring more of them down on us. We ARE right in the middle of a large group of hunters, remember? If we let them take you, they'll probably spare the rest of us so we can take your body to the shuttle without being chases through the electro-storm by hunters.))

"Sorry, but it's for the best. Be ready if they come after us."

Get ready to fire if the killbots try to come after us. Pray that they don't.
You train your rifle on the elevator shaft as Leon is dragged into the fire, still mumbling a prayer that nothing else should come through that door. Your hands are shaking.

((I forgot to note they killed everyone on the ship. And because it was a dream, Piecewise was like "Okay".

I dunno. I might be like "Okay" if it made sense and wasn't obviously meta in some way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: November 01, 2012, 01:26:40 am »

((The metaaaa-

Metals. Look at all the metals! Go team, go!))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: November 01, 2012, 04:08:21 am »

Yank myself free, kick out to dislodge the arms pulling me in then back up across the room, shoot the Hindu god thing in the eyes while backing up.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:15:55 pm by mesor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: November 01, 2012, 04:31:30 am »

'If you would be so kind as to give us that information, we will leave your facility immediately. Well, as soon as whatever's happening down there is over, that is. And if you could provide us with transport of some sorts, and maybe shut off the electrical storm, we'll be gone even sooner.

I do fear however, that the project leads you mentioned will be long dead by now. In fact, so much time has passed, I suspect even their children's children will be gone. Are you sure you want to stay here? You could join the UWM, I'm sure they would have a very interesting job for you.

Out of curiosity, could you tell me what lies in the levels above this one?

Converse with Logos.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: November 01, 2012, 06:48:15 am »

Shoot the robot until it's dead and run towards the group if I get a chance and shout at the robot.
Why don't you go kill the cowards in the corner metal man they killed a couple of your friends outside and then riped apart the remains.

(( How nice lol the other fights you all join in to help then I get into a fight and you all just abandon me. Thanks. ))
[str:3]
You struggle to free yourself from the hands, their inhuman strength tearing you back towards the slowly opening elevator doors. You can't escape their grasp but you do manage to grab the edge of the door as you are ripped past in, catching hold with one hand. You dangle there, hands clawing away at you as the machine rises up behind you in a cloud of fire and smoke, the elevator shaft a vision of boiling hell, lost in burning light and screaming noise. Perched on that rising firestorm is a robot constructed from a Hindu nightmare, Vaguely humanoid in shape, lacking legs as far as you can see, and with dozens of thin, serpentine arms sprouting from each shoulder. Where a head would be is a mask, or helmet. It looks distressingly like the ones you and your team mates wear.

I dunno. I might be like "Okay" if it made sense and wasn't obviously meta in some way.

@First Part: Yay, Slendymans!

@Second Part: They then proceeded to go Ultra-God-Sue and take over the ship, all whilst making references to popular FPS games.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: November 01, 2012, 07:19:43 am »

"DON'T WORRY, WE'LL GRAB YOUR HEAD WHEN IT'S DONE AND WE'LL GET IT BACK OUT OF HERE! I PROMISE! JUST LET GO!"

Stay calm and keep my gun trained on that door. Take a few deep breaths and be ready for trouble.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: November 01, 2012, 07:35:50 am »

"Hell no, if I'm gonna die then I'm gonna die fighting, and I want more then just my damned head I like my body the way it is."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: November 01, 2012, 08:04:03 am »

"Well, you should just let go and drop kick the bastard then, instead of hanging onto the ledge and doing nothing. It really doesn't matter anyway, because in the grand scheme of things, it's easier for you to let go of your material existence now than to die a boring and uniteresting death later. What I'm trying to say is WOULD YOU FRAKKING LET GO AND DIE ALREADY TO APPEASE THE GODS OF THIS STATION."

steady my gun and keep it pointing towards the door

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: November 01, 2012, 08:11:41 am »

"No I will not bloody let myself be killed, you'll just have to wait and watch."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: November 01, 2012, 11:15:55 am »

"Oh, well... This is boring..."

Explore the building.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 1256