Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945426 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: A storm is coming.
« Reply #8565 on: October 27, 2012, 02:16:55 pm »

take terminal out of idle mode then see what I can do with it.

"Hmm."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: October 27, 2012, 03:53:50 pm »

"I can't make any sense of this... if you can though, good for you."  Roger moves up to the next level and looks around.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: October 27, 2012, 06:19:37 pm »

Wait for the elevator to come back then follow the group

(( Sorry had a really long day and only just got home, At midnight. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8568 on: October 27, 2012, 09:13:07 pm »

take terminal out of idle mode then see what I can do with it.

"Hmm."
You press one of the buttons on the keyboard and the monitor blinks onto active. The screen comes up with a listing of files and folders, though you have no real idea what they're about. Some have icons of a pad and paper, some have icons like a view screen, but they all have rather long names made mostly out of recognizable numbers. Hmm.

"I can't make any sense of this... if you can though, good for you."  Roger moves up to the next level and looks around.
You head out to the elevator and hit the second button. The elevator rises at breakneck speed and then lurches to a stop at the second doorway, nearly whipping you off your feet. You get your balance again as the door opens and reveals a room much like the one on the lower section, a large room with rows of sleek computers lined against the walls. However there are differences; there are several, much larger looking machines clustered around the center, connected to all the cables running up from the lower room. Each of them has a console set into their surface.

Wait for the elevator to come back then follow the group

(( Sorry had a really long day and only just got home, At midnight. ))
I considered that you followed them up to the room they're in and are just standing around. So consider yourself in that room.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: October 27, 2012, 09:15:55 pm »

Head up to roger and investigate the room full of computers.

(( Edited after his action ))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 09:56:11 pm by mesor »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: October 27, 2012, 09:18:25 pm »

"Hey, there are some computers up here that look like important central parts."  Roger goes to the nearest console and inspects it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: October 27, 2012, 09:54:59 pm »

"Right, we'll be right up there in a second."

Head up to the next level and look around the room for things that stand out or look interesting. Then inspect those large terminals.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8572 on: October 28, 2012, 02:25:36 am »

Head up to roger and investigate the room full of computers.

(( Edited after his action ))
You join Roger on the second floor and look around. Nothing much new up here save for those larger looking computers. You peer over roger's shoulder as he inspects one of the consoles.

"Hey, there are some computers up here that look like important central parts."  Roger goes to the nearest console and inspects it.
It looks an awful lot like the others. You press a button to get it out of idle and it pops up with a few files with relatively short names. Hmm, well, at least thats less to sort through.

"Right, we'll be right up there in a second."

Head up to the next level and look around the room for things that stand out or look interesting. Then inspect those large terminals.
You Join roger and Leon on the second floor and, after a cursory inspection looking for anything particularly interesting in the room, peek over roger's shoulder as he hen pecks his way through the computer's data.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: October 28, 2012, 02:44:25 am »

Move to another computer and begin going through the data myself.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: October 28, 2012, 07:10:36 am »

Look through the terminal I am on.

"Lets see if there is anything important."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: October 28, 2012, 07:59:45 am »

Roger opens one of the files with the pen-and-paper icon.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8576 on: October 28, 2012, 11:42:49 am »

"Maybe we can get a copy of these files somehow to take back? You keep doing your thing and I'll look for a port or something."

Look for a port or jack of some kind that I can use with my pad to get data onto it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8577 on: October 28, 2012, 02:14:54 pm »

Move to another computer and begin going through the data myself.
You head to another one of the terminals and hit a button to bring up the same  listing of files that Roger was looking at. There are six folders.

Look through the terminal I am on.

"Lets see if there is anything important."

You scan through some of the files, opening them one after another and looking for anything that looks important. The video files are recordings of various parts of the dome, either from some sort of high camera angle or from the perspective one of the individual bots. They must be streaming video back here for some reason. The text files are massive things, thousands of pages long and in the same unknown language as everything else. There are other file types as well, though they are less common. You select one and it brings up some sort of very complex program that looks to be something that complex schematics can be created or edited on. The one you bring up looks something like the first warbot you fight but different, with more legs and less armor, plus it's cannon attached to a moving tail.  The final file of a different type seems to be a program of some kind and opens a programing command window when clicked on.

Roger opens one of the files with the pen-and-paper icon.
Unlike the ones downstairs there are only 6 folders here and no random files outside of them; all in all it seems much more orderly. You click on the first folder and find 3 files inside. They have a similar icon to the pen and paper so you give one a click.

The file opens into a image of a phylogenetic tree, a massive one, countless thousands or millions of branches and end points stretching up and out, each one tipped with a bit of text. You zoom in and as you do what you thought were single branches are shown to be clustered hundreds of smaller branches. It takes three levels of zoom till you hit the real individual branches.

You click on one of the text strings at the end of  a random branch and it opens a different file; a schematic of a robot.

"Maybe we can get a copy of these files somehow to take back? You keep doing your thing and I'll look for a port or something."

Look for a port or jack of some kind that I can use with my pad to get data onto it.
You Look for some sort of port to jack into. There are a few open ports on the back, but they're all of a sort of connector you don't recognize. Guess that makes sense, all things considered.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: October 28, 2012, 02:19:45 pm »

Find a way to download as much data as possible, preferably schematics of the robots, onto my wrist pad.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: October 28, 2012, 02:25:09 pm »

"They said that the robots are evolving... this must be the paths of their evolution.  Roger takes a good look at the schematic with his suit camera, then goes back and selects the one at the root of the structure.
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1256