Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946202 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8430 on: October 20, 2012, 12:24:38 am »

Run through the buildings towards the team, Shoot any that follow

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: October 20, 2012, 02:14:17 am »

Kay, sure, if it's such a big deal for you. Never knew you were so... sensitive.

Continue grabbing wire for the building and handing it to Bishie Bishop so hè can focus on the construction of the cage.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: October 20, 2012, 05:00:19 am »

Roger takes his razor and gets wire from the building, and gives it to Bishop.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: October 20, 2012, 05:33:07 am »

Keep watch again.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: October 20, 2012, 11:20:11 am »

stand around being the useless twat I am, staring into the storm while thinking about lucrative uses for namite

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8435 on: October 20, 2012, 01:26:56 pm »

Keep building. Making the cage is better than going over the storm and risking the hunters.

You grab a bit of concrete and start pounding the weaved together part of the cage together, forming it into a vauge cage shape. Hmm, this is only gonna hold a few people, 3 at best.

Run through the buildings towards the team, Shoot any that follow
[dex:4-2]
[end:3+2]
You don't have time to move before the blows come in, swift, talon laden kicks that slash through your suit with ease but only dig insignificant scratches across your stony, obsidian hide.

Roger takes his razor and gets wire from the building, and gives it to Bishop.
You cut some wire from a building nearby and hand it to bishop. He doesn't look up, working feverishly as he is.

Keep watch again.

You continue to keep watch. Well, guess this is what war is; long periods of boredom followed by spurts of abject terror.

stand around being the useless twat I am, staring into the storm while thinking about lucrative uses for namite

Uh...bikini waxing?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: On ship thread locked somehow, working to fix
« Reply #8436 on: October 20, 2012, 01:35:12 pm »

"Gonna have to make another one... Ok, this one is pretty much done. Time for someone to give it a shot. Any volunteers? I nominate lightning rod guy, since he seemed so eager."

Finish up the cage, making sure that the electricity has somewhere to go to ground itself, other than into the people inside the cage. Also, include handles for carrying and moving it.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: October 20, 2012, 01:35:45 pm »

"Just realised... how are we going to push this - our hands are conductive.  Real nice cage though.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: October 20, 2012, 01:48:32 pm »

Draw a picture of a Tupac for the Armory Master.

EDIT: Accidentally posted here. What happened to the On-Ship thread?! :O
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:52:06 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: October 20, 2012, 02:01:45 pm »

((Are there no controls on the bottom on the page, below the reply/notify/etc controls? I have a move topic and a lock topic button down there in my threads, and since it seems that neither Toady nor ThreeToe locked the thread, my understanding is that it should be reopenable.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: October 20, 2012, 02:30:43 pm »

"Ill do it."

Test the cage.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: October 20, 2012, 03:14:02 pm »

((Hey pw, did you miss my action?))

"Just realised... how are we going to push this - our hands are conductive.  Real nice cage though.

We shouldn't really need that if it's a good Faraday cage, but we could always weld (the handles of) my pliers to the cage. Seeing as how they're from rubber, it should give some additional protection.

By the way, are we going to make a separate cage for all of us, or just one or two big ones?

Keep grabbing wiring from the buildings and give 'm to our cage builder. Hand over pliers if needed.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 7: A storm is coming.
« Reply #8442 on: October 20, 2012, 04:26:04 pm »

"Gonna have to make another one... Ok, this one is pretty much done. Time for someone to give it a shot. Any volunteers? I nominate lightning rod guy, since he seemed so eager."

Finish up the cage, making sure that the electricity has somewhere to go to ground itself, other than into the people inside the cage. Also, include handles for carrying and moving it.

You finish the cage and make sure it has some trailing wires to let the eletricity ground itself through the cage, not the people in it. You scavenge rubber insulation from the weather stripping a door near by and wrap it around some rough handles you wack into place in the cage.

You dust off your hands and shout "Viola!"

Draw a picture of a Tupac for the Armory Master.

EDIT: Accidentally posted here. What happened to the On-Ship thread?! :O

It's back now. Shoo shoo shoo

((Are there no controls on the bottom on the page, below the reply/notify/etc controls? I have a move topic and a lock topic button down there in my threads, and since it seems that neither Toady nor ThreeToe locked the thread, my understanding is that it should be reopenable.))
I didn't notice them on the left there. I'm still not sure how it got locked, maybe I hit the button accidentally? Oh, who knows.

"Ill do it."

Test the cage.
You crawl inside the cage as bishop lifts it up for you an take the handles on the inside. It's heavy but it's also fairly fragile feeling; it's not gonna stand up to any real abuse. You swallow and start walking forward, straight into the storm. You slowly lose sight of the men behind you, the blowing ashy snow so thick and fine that it renders everything almost foggy. After maybe a hundred feet the first bolt of electricity crackles across the cage, striking and vanishing into the metal, appearing again, coming out of one of the trailing wires as a tiny point of light before grounding itself.

"Seems to work!" You shout back at the team as you bit a hasty retreat to them.

((Hey pw, did you miss my action?))

We shouldn't really need that if it's a good Faraday cage, but we could always weld (the handles of) my pliers to the cage. Seeing as how they're from rubber, it should give some additional protection.

By the way, are we going to make a separate cage for all of us, or just one or two big ones?

Keep grabbing wiring from the buildings and give 'm to our cage builder. Hand over pliers if needed.

(in case you're wondering, Bishop doesn't get str rolls for tearing the wire because of his exoskeleton.)

[str:1]
You yank bitterly at the wires until finally, with an exasperated yell, you try once more with all your might. Your pliers lose grip on the wire and then you lose grip on your pliers, hurling them back and into the storm down the street.

"Oh for fuck sake..."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: October 20, 2012, 04:26:28 pm »

Drop my rifle then punch , kick , crush and otherwise obliterate the irritating little robots that are tickling me, try to leave them intact enough to salvage some parts.

(( Damn was just barely to late. ))
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 04:29:47 pm by mesor »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: October 20, 2012, 04:37:28 pm »

Roger retrieves more wire.  "Great."
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 1256