Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946337 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8160 on: October 07, 2012, 05:53:52 pm »

Run away from the bot's impact site. try to find some kind of cover before it lands, dive for the ground if not.

'Rocketman, you better start helping us clean up your mess. Right the fuck now.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: October 07, 2012, 06:00:19 pm »

get to cover away from where it will land and prepare to attack again

Oh, its coming for us now, neat

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: October 07, 2012, 06:20:40 pm »

Run into the buildings/alleys, away from the soon-to-be impact location and ready myself to attack it again.

"Bishop, give us some help here! You drew it to us, now help us kill it!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 09:10:23 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: October 07, 2012, 06:57:09 pm »

Roger fires again, and ducks into the building as it lands.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: October 07, 2012, 08:45:36 pm »

"Stay in cover and shoot it! Take it down before it tries anything! I'm coming in now!"

Circle around to the back of the bot quickly and land in cover. Open fire on the thing!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: October 08, 2012, 01:21:58 am »

Keep moving. Best not to stay on anything unstable for too long...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8166 on: October 08, 2012, 03:06:41 am »

Take cover in the nearest building and get the piece of metal Timmy made from my bag and attempt to use it to heal my wounds and hopefully regrow my leg.

(( I know its unlikely i can regrow a leg from this but hey maybe I'll get lucky :) ))
[Will:1-1]
You hobble back inside and slump down against the wall before digging the Tear from your bag. You hold it near your leg and concentrate, wishing you could walk again. The Tear crumbles into pieces and the fire within sinks through your hands and down into the ground near your leg. The concrete floor deforms, blackens and seeps upwards like syrup, forming into the shape of a leg. The limb seems to merge with your own, the spreading designs on the leg, mirroring those on the tear, cut up onto your skin, burning in and scarring the flesh black. The strange spiraling designs on the leg flash hot white and then grow dull until they are a barely visible yellow. You give your new limb a cautious twitch and it moves with a sound like grinding rock.
Run away from the bot's impact site. try to find some kind of cover before it lands, dive for the ground if not.

'Rocketman, you better start helping us clean up your mess. Right the fuck now.'
[dex:5]
You spin on your heel and dive through the nearest window, rolling to your feet as fragments of glass explode out around you. You don't waste an instant as you sprint back deeper into the building and hide behind a wall.

get to cover away from where it will land and prepare to attack again

Oh, its coming for us now, neat
[dex:5]
You follow Miyamoto through the window and around the corner, taking a place beside him with your head covered and your eyes closed.
Run into the buildings/alleys, away from the soon-to-be impact location and ready myself to attack it again.

"Bishop, give us some help here! You drew it to us, now help us kill it!
[dex:1]
You stare at the bot as it descends, paralyzed by fear as the world becomes nothing but a blinding blue-white glow of electrical discharge.
[end:1]
"Oh..."
The glow becomes blinding and then it vanishes into darkness.
[You are dead.]

Roger fires again, and ducks into the building as it lands.
[dex:6]
[con:4]
You manage to squeeze off a shot, a sweep of your laser that cuts an angry red line across the robot's upper left arm. You duck back toward the building but only get a step in before the hunter lands and the intersection is lost in a burning blue-white explosion. Just the shockwave of the landing hurls you down the hall with surprising force.
[end:5]
You skip down the hall, bouncing off the wall and rolling to a stop a dozen feet away. Ow.

"Stay in cover and shoot it! Take it down before it tries anything! I'm coming in now!"

Circle around to the back of the bot quickly and land in cover. Open fire on the thing!
You circle around and come in for a landing, skidding to a stop atop one of the corner buildings of the intersection. You duck beneath the building's upper lip as the bot lands and the intersection blazes like a blue-white sun.
Keep moving. Best not to stay on anything unstable for too long...
[dex:4]
You climb up the rubble wall, slipping a bit on the loose chunks of brick and concrete until you reach the top. As you stand on the zenith of the great pile you notice something: those shimmering things, like great chameleons stalking about in the shadows on nervous, birdlike legs. They shrink back into the shadows as you look at them, but every time you look back they've ventured a little farther out toward you before skittering back.

The Hunter stands in the center of the blackened intersection, Streams of electrical discharge still crackling off it randomly, leaping between the spikes on its back. It slowly straightens, arms unfurling, long legs expanding and pushing it up, back spines twitching. The blade at the end of it's upper right arm slips to the side and retracts along a track, revealing a 8 fingered hand. With a measured sort of ease it reaches onto it's back and grabs one of the spikes, dragging it  up and out, revealing a thick metal cord attaching the back of the spike to somewhere in the bot itself. It turns it's head, a ball of cameras and sensors, slowly around, looking for a target.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:18:44 am by piecewise »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: October 08, 2012, 04:37:35 am »

Attempt to put my weight on my new leg

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: October 08, 2012, 07:55:12 am »

Go left.

"I'm going the safe way. Don't let whatever those glowing things are kill you if they are hostile."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: October 08, 2012, 07:59:19 am »

"We should all shoot at once, laser rifles don't do much. 
((Does Bishop still have that gun from the abandoned asteroid base mission?))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: October 08, 2012, 08:09:15 am »

((No I had to leave it behind to not weigh me down from climbing up a cable. Would have come in handy right about now...))

Bishop gathered himself quietly, breathing in deeply to calm his nerves. He had never been one for open combat, he left that for machines and soldiers, but now was not the time to think about that.

"Ok, here's the plan. We attack at once and try to disable it as fast as possible. Don't let it get close to you or the electricity will fry you in your suit, they aren't insulating at all against that.

Spread out from each other as much as possible and let me know when you're ready to attack. We fire on my signal."

Wait for everyone still nearby and alive to tell me they are ready to fire, then give the signal and attack.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: October 08, 2012, 08:26:09 am »

And now we will take the murderbot head on, wonderful

Staying in cover, make sure I'm not too close to Miyamoto and that I have some kind of escape should murderbot go for me. then ready my weapon for the attack. When Bishop gives the signal, try to go for the head with my amp, then give it generous squirt of namite.

Worst. Themepark. ever.  ...Let's do this
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:27:58 am by Pancaek »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: October 08, 2012, 08:28:04 am »

"Noted, See you on the other side." Continue advancing, wary of the chameleon creatures but otherwise ignoring them.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: October 08, 2012, 08:29:09 am »

((No I had to leave it behind to not weigh me down from climbing up a cable. Would have come in handy right about now...))
((If only I was stronger to help you up, then. Sorry for that  :-\

C'mon survivors, live!))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: October 08, 2012, 08:30:25 am »

((Oh well, we were all weaklings back then before we started to realise the benefit of being physically strong.))

"If it helps, just focus on the sheer amount of tokens we will get when we bring back the hacked up bits and pieces of this thing. Weapons like this is just the sort of thing that will rake in the tokens. So don't miss."
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 1256