Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946338 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8145 on: October 07, 2012, 07:00:22 am »

"We need someone to get to the target."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: October 07, 2012, 07:04:09 am »

"Fine. You and one other person. We need as much firepower as we can get against this thing, cause it looks angry."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: October 07, 2012, 11:34:08 am »

Get in position and fire when ready.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: October 07, 2012, 12:30:10 pm »

"Good luck."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: October 07, 2012, 02:11:34 pm »

"Huh... looks fine.  What happened?"  Roger gets down behind some rubble facing the intersection of 8 and B, and readies his rifle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8150 on: October 07, 2012, 03:05:48 pm »

We're waiting to see how Miyamoto will act.

Also, Karen, thats not a valid action. You have to pick a way, not just tell me "Go the way that isn't dangerous" because you don't know which way isn't dangerous.

Also, Jack, I assume you mean to keep heading down 8 street toward D right? Same place Karen is right now?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: October 07, 2012, 03:09:41 pm »

((Hello everybody, I'm back!

First thoughts upon reading the new updates: it's the Team veteran that brought upon us the hunterbots of doom; and not any of the newbs. Huh.

And now he's gonna lure it to us so that we can take care of it, or else he plans on sicking it on the Team. Awesome.
Lets just hope he's gonna share the ton of tokens he'll earn with those scavenged parts. ))

Over the radio: 'Ok then, we're going to take position to intercept him. Are you really sure you can't shake him of first?'
Then, on a personal channel with Bishop: 'And I would appreciate it if you wouldn't threaten to kill the Team again. Ever.'

Take position where Bishie told us he'll be coming. Make sure to get into good cover (try to minimize exposure, and try to stand in a snow-less area), and position the people at the intersection so that we have maximal overlapping firing-lanes while being as spread-out as possible (put them in cover too, of course).

Over speakers: 'C'mon people, we're gonna teach those automatons one doesn't threaten a member of the HMRC without getting his ass kicked! Let's do this.'

To Jack and Karen over radio: 'Hey man, I know you're scared. I am, too. I'm all but shitting myself right now. But we can't beat this thing if we're not at full strength. We need you here, in return I promise we won't leave you behind if it ever comes to that.'

((Part of me just wants to go hide in a building and let it take Bishop, but he is part of the Team, after all. And letting him have all off the electrifying fun just won't do.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:11:18 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8152 on: October 07, 2012, 03:50:58 pm »

To roger: I don't know, one moment I was choking on my own blood, then I took the metal thingy timmy made at the entrance and...well...poof! everything okay.

seriously trippy man

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: October 07, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »

((Yep. Ohand Jacks allready on his way.))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:57:00 pm by Tavik Toth »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: October 07, 2012, 04:30:49 pm »

To Pancaek: "Eh?  That's strange... we need to collect some of them on the way back."  To everyone:  "Karen, how powerful is that bomb?"

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: October 07, 2012, 04:35:45 pm »

"Hmm thats interesting. I collected one also I wonder if it can regrow a leg.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: October 07, 2012, 05:01:18 pm »

Karen started yelling back into the radio, after several people yelled through their own microphones.

"Well, unless you want to be hit with friendly fire from a nuke, I suggest you shut the hell up. And this is the cheap version, an eighth of a kiloton. Still enough to wipe out everything nearby regardless. And no, I'm not wasting it on that thing, don't even try convincing me."

Take the path leading down straight to the tower.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:11:13 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: October 07, 2012, 05:08:08 pm »

"Ok... Bishop, when you get into the intersection, pull up."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8158 on: October 07, 2012, 05:31:40 pm »

Pancaek, Roger, Denzel and Miyamoto charge back up the road, over the crater of the artillery strike and towards 8 and B. They spread out across the intersection, ducking into doorways and hiding behind any sort of cover available. Rifles align, pointed toward the sky, and fingers tremble on triggers as their hearts pound in their chest. They'll only get one shot like this and they know it, only get one chance for a surprise. As they prepare Bishop punches his rockets and screams back into the open sky, cutting a long curve back towards 8 and B and the ambush waiting there. Behind him, the hunter follows, lightning arcing across the roofs of buildings as it rises above the skyline, a ball of homicidal luminescence slowly gaining on its prey. 

Bishop finishes his turn and dives down onto B street, following the slow curve toward 8. He throws a hurried glance over his shoulder to make sure he's still being followed before gunning his rockets to the maximum safe speed and screaming over the intersection of 8 and B, trailed by a shockwave of force that shatters windows and whips the snow into a flurry, static discharge firing randomly. The men step out as he passes over head and take careful aim, waiting for the hunter to close range before firing.
[Pancaek Con:2]
[Roger Con:2]
[Denzel con:6]
[Miyamoto con:2]
Laser fire and Burning thermite gel cut through the air, But only Denzel's hand laser makes contact, scoring a dull red line across the chrome body of the machine. The hunter bot's movement changes suddenly: it pulls up hard, flying straight up in a tight loop and then, at the zenith of it's loop, dives straight down toward the Intersection and the men there.

Meanwhile, in coward town, Jack catches up with Karen and joins her in quiet contemplation of which route to take  forward: continue down 8 toward E with it's flickering bipeds and wall of rubble, hang a right into smoke and fire or a left down what appears to be a fairly unassuming road. Karen, after yelling into the radio, decides on her course and charges ahead forward, toward the Wall of rubble and the shiftingly visible things climbing around it. As she runs forward the things turn towards her and leap off the rubble, smashing through windows or holes in the walls of nearby buildings and vanishing. she makes it to the base of the rubble barricade and looks up. Its not a very steep mound of debris, but it doesn't look terribly stable.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8159 on: October 07, 2012, 05:40:09 pm »

Take cover in the nearest building and get the piece of metal Timmy made from my bag and attempt to use it to heal my wounds and hopefully regrow my leg.

(( I know its unlikely i can regrow a leg from this but hey maybe I'll get lucky :) ))
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 1256