Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946129 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8100 on: October 05, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »

((This mission is just devouring people.))

((Om nom nom newbies...

Maybe PW shouldn't have an auto-in for the new guys, because they're getting shredded with only one veteran present to help them.))

((To be fair, it'd be eating vets too.  Only heavy armor would be saving you, unless everyone was in a Mk III suit and roof-jumping.))

((Or, at least, had rocket pods, maybe an exoskeleton.))
((Thing is, it would eat us less, because we have skills and stuff. Also most vets have some sort of modification.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: October 05, 2012, 11:38:44 pm »

((All the weapon skill in the world doesn't help you when a building falls on your head.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8102 on: October 05, 2012, 11:46:00 pm »

Try to enter a meditative state to slow my heart beat as much as possible and in doing so slow the blood loss

"If my legs no more use then get the useless thing off the doc can replace it later and try to cauterize it preferably before I bleed to death please.
You lay in a half delirious state, trying to stay calm as you slowly bleed out.
If anyone nearby has one, Roger takes it and uses it to sever the crushed leg, preferably below the knee.  Otherwise he does it with his laser rifle, and either way bandages the stump.
One what?
[Con:4]
You sever his leg with a short burst of your laser rifle and then swing another blow near by, using the heat to cauterize the wound.
Bishop waved his hands at the robots in a sorry gesture before turning to the team.

"Alright, we need to get the hell out of here, I don't like the sound of that rumbling. I'll let you use my razor if you need to cut off his leg, but whatever you're doing, do it quick."

Loan my razor if someone needs it to cut off Leon's leg. Make sure to get it back. Scout out the way forward from the rooftops and check fuel levels.
You zip to the top of the nearest building, cutting through smoke and flame, and land, walking along the roof till you can see beyond the smoke. In the distance, toward 7 street, you see something. It's not much more then a hot white, blue point of light surrounded by an aura of flickering light. Whatever it is, it's moving toward you. Fast.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: October 05, 2012, 11:50:48 pm »

"Ahhh, shit! We got trouble, coming at us fast! Some kind of point of light, it might be a hunter! Get moving, now!"

Run heading towards the target but away from the incoming robot as much as possible.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: October 06, 2012, 12:17:13 am »

Look around and keep my rifle to hand with my good arm

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: October 06, 2012, 06:08:27 am »

"SCATTER!"

Try to go the same way as target but with out going straight at the blue light.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: October 06, 2012, 06:29:33 am »

Roger helps up Leon carefully and, avoiding his broken arm, walks him into the nearest building.  "Stay here and try not to die; at this point running wouldn't work well.  This could help."  Help Leon into building, administer coagulant if possible, leave him a long piece of rebar, and head towards the target but away from Bishop as much as possible.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: October 06, 2012, 08:24:07 am »

Oh good grief, this hurts a lot...blood tastes wierd

Unless I can still get up and follow the team (whick I doubt), Crawl into cover and try to make myself the least visible as possible.

((Miyamoto's action coming as soon as he sends me a text))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: October 06, 2012, 10:31:22 am »

Follow Roger.

((Gone the rest of today, so just have me auto-follow unless it becomes unreasonable.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: October 06, 2012, 12:43:09 pm »

((For Miyamoto's action))

Run towards the target, following Roger

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: October 06, 2012, 01:36:43 pm »

(( Do you realise I will be late to leave? ))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8111 on: October 06, 2012, 01:45:17 pm »

((well, doomblade is following you as well, and the thing seems to be headed towards bishop

also, the text only said "keep me alive, run and hide for example))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: October 06, 2012, 01:48:34 pm »

((  Right, forgot you were autoing him. ))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8113 on: October 06, 2012, 03:04:11 pm »

"Ahhh, shit! We got trouble, coming at us fast! Some kind of point of light, it might be a hunter! Get moving, now!"

Run heading towards the target but away from the incoming robot as much as possible.
You start running, bursts of rocket exhaust (90% fuel left) Propelling you along even faster. You bound across the tops of buildings, sprinting down the road and passing 8 and D before looking back. The point of light has grown to a ball of electrical discharge, an unstoppable lance of lightning tearing through the air toward you, it's discharge crackling out through the snow like the wake of a boat cutting through foam. You can tell that it's changed course as well, and is now coming directly after you.
Look around and keep my rifle to hand with my good arm
You look around, not able to see much beyond smoke and fire from your position on your back. You wave your rifle around anyways, ready to shoot anything that looks at you funny. You still can only barely hear, your ears ringing unendingly.
"SCATTER!"

Try to go the same way as target but with out going straight at the blue light.
You follow Bishop but are no where near as fast as he is, nor can you see the light thanks to the buildings around you. You get about half way down the road between C and D.
Roger helps up Leon carefully and, avoiding his broken arm, walks him into the nearest building.  "Stay here and try not to die; at this point running wouldn't work well.  This could help."  Help Leon into building, administer coagulant if possible, leave him a long piece of rebar, and head towards the target but away from Bishop as much as possible.
You grab the nearest, longest piece of rebar you can find and drag Leon into nearest building that isn't on fire. You set him up in a corner and hand him the rebar.
Oh good grief, this hurts a lot...blood tastes wierd

Unless I can still get up and follow the team (whick I doubt), Crawl into cover and try to make myself the least visible as possible.

((Miyamoto's action coming as soon as he sends me a text))
[end:4]
You manage to get to your feet but the sheer pain of breathing is enough to let you know that you'll not be running any time soon. You stagger into a closet like room and close the only door into it before sitting down and resting against a wall. Ow.
Follow Roger.

((Gone the rest of today, so just have me auto-follow unless it becomes unreasonable.))
You follow Roger as he drags Leon into the building.
((For Miyamoto's action))

Run towards the target, following Roger
You follow roger as he drags leon into the building, tapping your foot impatiently as he lays the crippled man down and turns to go.

(roger didn't leave because we're on "combat time" so everything is running slower. He only had time to drop Leon off in this turn. Just in case anyone was curious.)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: October 06, 2012, 03:07:35 pm »

Attempt to stand using the rebar as a crutch
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1256