Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946048 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #8070 on: October 04, 2012, 11:01:14 pm »

((Maybe PW shouldn't have an auto-in for the new guys, because they're getting shredded with only one veteran present to help them.))
((They could have withdrawn. Their suffering, our amusement. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: October 04, 2012, 11:33:41 pm »

((Thank you for the support, I think I'm gonna need it...))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: October 04, 2012, 11:39:35 pm »

Maybe PW shouldn't have an auto-in for the new guys, because they're getting shredded with only one veteran present to help them.))
((They have common sense, they'll be-

...Fine.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: October 04, 2012, 11:44:47 pm »

((If they had common sense, they wouldn't be in the HRMC.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: October 04, 2012, 11:47:08 pm »

((You insult me muchly.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: October 04, 2012, 11:49:20 pm »

((Actually, the new people actually seem to be relatively sensible and, well, not insane. Well, except for Timmy. And possibly Havel, Karen or maybe even Pancaek. But Timmy (probably the greatest team danger around on the mission) is gone for now, anyway. And so's Havel.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: October 05, 2012, 12:04:47 am »

((You insult me muchly.))
((Well sorry. Most of the time. Some times people were stupid and got caught. Like me.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: October 05, 2012, 12:10:46 am »

((Does it bode well for our survival rates that our only veteran was one of the 3 people hit by that shell? Zako, I don't know how you did it, but the Random Number God seems pleased with you.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: October 05, 2012, 12:14:58 am »

((DON'T JINX IT!!!

But yeah, I was suprised as well. I honestly thought it would nail me with the shrapnel.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #8079 on: October 05, 2012, 12:16:40 am »

(( Haha how did I know that was gonna happen ))

Stay very still and focus on calming myself and getting my breathing under control to slow the bleeding.
"Uhh guys I could use some help here
(Things actually went pretty well actually. That easily could have been 3 Perma-deaths if the unseen debris targeting rolls had headshot you guys.)

You breathe very slowly and try to remain calm and collected, and conscious for that matter. Your attempts to breathe slowly are undermined by intermittent bloody coughing fits.
'What the frak, can't we go for 1 street without anything trying to kill us?'

Over the radio: 'Is everybody alright? Are any of you hit?'

Go outside to check the situation, get back into cover if another artillery shell (or anything else that looks dangerous) is incoming. If not, go to Pancaek and drag/help him into a building (a good bit away from the constructorbots).

'Bishop, can you take care of Leon for me? I don't think I could lift that concrete, but you with your suit should be able to. I'm gonna try to get Pancaek to safety.'

((Was it mesor that had the last +0 to medical? If so, we're boned.))

((Also, I'm gonna be away for the weekend, I'll leave my actions up to Pancaek and Zako. Try not to get me killed, guys  ;) ))
You run outside into a wall of smoke and fire, ash and snow. Builder bots, broken but still somehow functioning, drag themselves across broken blacktop as hydraulic fluid and melting plastic trails behind them, their limbs twitching in shutter-stop motions. The buildings, including yours, are coated in fire, burning even on brick and mortar with odd, too orange flames. You're silently thankful for the suit's temperature insulation and air supply as you charge across the street and into the building you saw Pancaek enter. It takes you a few moments of searching but you find him slumped on the ground in a corner. Without even checking if he's alive or not you grab him under the arms and drag him out of the building and across the street, weaving between the still crawling forms of the builder bots on a crippled path toward the center of the dome. You get him into the brick building you were hiding in and place in what you think is a good, sheltered corner.
Go help leon.

"That was close."

((night folks))
You run out, following Miyamoto and break off as you enter the smoke and fire choked hell outside. You run down the road, searching fruitlessly for several minutes till you finally find Leon laying splayed in the center of the road, is left arm bent horribly and his left leg lost under a chunk of concrete several feet wide.

[med:2-1]
You bend down and look at leon for a long hard second before busting out laughing.

"You fucked, son, you fucked."
((I (Roger) have the last +0))
Roger looks out for another shell, and if none is incoming, goes over to Leon and helps remove the boulder.
"Anyone else hurt?"  To Leon:  "Don't move, seems like you have internal bleeding."
You run to join leon, following Jack. The boulder on his leg is far too large to move on your own, even with Jack's help, so you take a look at Leon, seeing if there's anything you can do to help him.
[med:4]
You give Leon a good shot of pain killers before snapping his arm back into place and splinting it.

"That was a bit too close... Leon, you okay?"

Denzen looks out for more shells, and if clear, leaves cover but stays by the side of the street.

You walk outside and stand by the entrance to the building silently watching as Miyamoto drags Pancaek back into the building and others pour out onto the street, vanishing into the smoke.
Bishop shook his head in amazement.

"I'm okay, though my choice of cover should say otherwise. I got an unconcious man with me, he needs some help. I'll go help Leon."

Check my rockets for any holes in the fuel tank, so when I fire them up to fly, I don't blow myself up. Then carefully move Pancaek where the others can see him and go lift that rock off Leon. Check our surroundings constantly for signs of attack and the state of the builders.
(Pancaek was in a different building near yours.)
You check your rockets as best you can on your own, they are behind you after all,  and see nothing wrong with them. That done, you head over to Leon and try to lift the boulder off him.
[str:4+1]
You grip the boulder with both hands and lift with your arms and legs, your exoskeleton and muscles straining with the effort. Roger and Jack come to your assistance and push with you, and with your combined efforts you manage to roll the hunk of concrete off his leg. As soon as it's free blood starts pouring weakly out of the crushed remnants of his leg.

As you and the men around you gasp for air from the effort of lifting the boulder, you watch the builder bots crawl by like half crushed insects. One shudders to a stop, frozen, near by, blue smoke leaking from somewhere inside it.
((This mission is just devouring people.))

((Om nom nom newbies...

Maybe PW shouldn't have an auto-in for the new guys, because they're getting shredded with only one veteran present to help them.))
Remember, I don't balance missions against their participants. Have fun~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: October 05, 2012, 12:18:48 am »

((This mission is just devouring people.))

((Om nom nom newbies...

Remember, I don't balance missions against their participants. Have fun~
^ :))

((Look at the first mission.  :P))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8081 on: October 05, 2012, 12:23:28 am »

((Someone should go kick the crap out of those builder bots. Just for the lulz.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: October 05, 2012, 12:29:30 am »

((I'm going to dismantle some for loot if that's alright.))

Bishop looked at the maimed man lying on the ground infront of him for a bit before turning to the guys next to him.

"Right, do what you can for him. Judging by the coughing, his lungs must be screwed up bad. Stop the bleeding as best you can, that's what will kill him if his lungs don't first. But first, I need someone to check my rockets for leaks. They might have taken a bit of shrapnel and have a hole in the fuel tanks."

Have someone check my rockets for holes, as well as myself since I won't feel any. Then slice up some of those builder bots with my cutter for parts and put anything interesting looking in my pack.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: October 05, 2012, 12:31:15 am »

((Someone should go kick the crap out of those builder bots. Just for the lulz.))

((No, see if it's completely irreparable. If it isn't, try to repair it and make yourself a little robot-buddy.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: October 05, 2012, 12:31:36 am »

((Dibs on being the distraction :P ))

Try to discern the direction the artillery barrages are coming from.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1256