Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945806 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7950 on: October 01, 2012, 03:55:41 pm »

((If he dies permanently or you decide to leave his body behind for whatever reason, remember to loot the laser system installed in his MkI.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: October 01, 2012, 04:02:42 pm »

(( I intend to. ))

Cover the doc while he works. If he dies take the weapon system from he's suit and put it in my bag

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7952 on: October 01, 2012, 04:05:50 pm »

((If he dies permanently or you decide to leave his body behind for whatever reason, remember to loot the laser system installed in his MkI.))

((Maybe we should discuss looting him AFTER we confirm that he's a goner. Though it sure looks that way...

Anyhow, can we even grab that laser? Isn't it connected/hardwired to his suit?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: October 01, 2012, 04:06:25 pm »

((Remember, dead people don't have a use for their cool toys!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7954 on: October 01, 2012, 04:08:04 pm »

(( I think so but hey I can try. I wont be able to use it but assuming I survive the mission I can get it attached to my suit once I reach the ship. ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: October 01, 2012, 04:08:26 pm »

If he dies take the weapon system from he's suit and put it in my bag
((No, if he just dies, leave the weapon there, or I'm afraid you'll need to roll to extract it, since it is connected to his suit. As long as the weapon is safely attached to his corpse, the only wound he has sustained is losing that leg and you make it in time, he can be revived.

And he won't like having the weapon pulled off from his suit.))

((>Ninja'ed.

Edit: What I meant is: Remember to get the weapon if most of his body is turned into paste, no need to act like vultures already. :P))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 04:10:20 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: October 01, 2012, 04:10:49 pm »

(( If he's dead he cant use it for the mission and I might find a use for it. Living people take priority :P He can have it back assuming he gets revived. Besides I am not leaving it for some other sneaky sod to come in and steal it later I want it :P. ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: October 01, 2012, 04:13:12 pm »

((@mesor: My point is that you might destroy the weapon if you try to take it away from his suit. That would be even worse. Getting his corpse to the ship to have it extracted would probably be safer.))
>Yes?

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: October 01, 2012, 04:14:29 pm »

(( Not really it wont be any more use to us on a dead guy then it will be if its destroyed. Im not worrying about the next mission until I survive this one. ))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: October 01, 2012, 04:20:56 pm »

Once Havel's leg is elevated, Roger tries using the medical foam to stop the bleeding, and when he is done checks for a pulse.  "Yeah, the bleeding is the issue right now."

((Does the emergency kit have any of that foam they used on the guy who got disembowled last mission?))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:33:01 pm by Draxis »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: October 01, 2012, 04:52:02 pm »

((Does the emergency kit have any of that foam they used on the guy who got disembowled last mission?))
(( Oh yes, it does. For example, they used the foam from the emergency kit on the guys who got disembowled three missions ago.
Possibly one of the most useful things in that kit.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: October 01, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »

Keep a look out for anything unusual as I go form up with rest of team.

"I'll be there soon."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7962 on: October 01, 2012, 08:49:33 pm »

((Way to go Team! At this rate, we're gonna run out of rookies before we get to the central building, never mind coming back.  :o
But hey, cheer up, at least we tried our best :)
... Anyways, Roger, you should try again to help him. Even if he's mangled badly enough to be of no use to the mission, we should still try to conserve his body (or, at least, the brains))).

Assist the medic if he needs it/asks for it. Either way, find something to place his legs up so that he bleeds less (or just put him near a wall with his legs up against it, if nothing better is available.) Think about how long Havel would stay 'fresh' if we can't help him.

'Kay people, while I and the doc try to patch him up, I'd really appreciate it if you guys kept an eye out, in case anything comes back to finish the job. In short, establish a perimeter, but don't wander to far. I've dragged enough wounded teammates for today.'

While looking at the medic: 'Maybe we should just cauterize the wound, or tie it up really well. I really think we should stop the bleeding. But you're the medic, you tell me what to do now.'
Well...Havel appears to have stopped bleeding. Mostly because he died. And you remember that about 5 hours is how long he'll be "fresh" for; so you better hurry up or find something to preserve him with.
(( I intend to. ))

Cover the doc while he works. If he dies take the weapon system from he's suit and put it in my bag
(oh dear, "take weapon" isn't very specific in this case. Lets do a roll to see what you try.)
[int:3]
You Whip out your laser rifle and begin cutting the weapon off Havel's shoulder.
[con:4+1]
You slice the laser weapon cleanly off his shoulder cutting through only the superficial mounting sections. You grab the severed weapon off the ground and stuff it in your bag.
Once Havel's leg is elevated, Roger tries using the medical foam to stop the bleeding, and when he is done checks for a pulse.  "Yeah, the bleeding is the issue right now."

It does not, the emergency kit is nowhere near as good as the advanced one. It's more for lesser injuries, cuts, lost fingers, broken bones, etc, not severed limbs or internal bleeding or anything.

You check his pulse.
[med:2]
He's doing fine!
(( Oh yes, it does. For example, they used the foam from the emergency kit on the guys who got disembowled three missions ago.
Possibly one of the most useful things in that kit.))
You brought that foam with you, remember? You bought it specially from the doctor.
Keep a look out for anything unusual as I go form up with rest of team.

"I'll be there soon."
You wander back toward the team when hunk of metal, a huge metal riot shield like thing with a ball joint and severed, glowing leg set into one side, arcs lazily over the top of the buildings and embeds itself in the wall of a building near you. Thats...different.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: October 01, 2012, 09:25:26 pm »

"Damn it..."  Roger opens his visor briefly to see what the temperature here is.  "Anyone remember if it was less than 5 hours from the ship?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: October 01, 2012, 10:05:10 pm »

"Is he dead? You'd best get moving then, it's a bit of a walk back. 2 of you go with his body, the rest of you get back in B street and head for the next intersection. It seems clear here, aside from some distant building robots, so we have a decently clear path straight to the target for now."

Wait for the rest of the guys to catch up, then drop down to the ground and start heading to the target on foot to conserve fuel. Stop and hide if I hear anything strange.
Pages: 1 ... 529 530 [531] 532 533 ... 1256