Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944516 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7845 on: September 26, 2012, 10:31:17 am »

Take cover with miyamoto. Make a plan to take out the bot.

"We need some way to keep it distracted while the rest of us get rid it...wait if its a cannon we should be able to outturn it or something."

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:33:38 am by Tavik Toth »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: September 26, 2012, 12:37:50 pm »

Take cover with miyamoto. Make a plan to take out the bot.

"We need some way to keep it distracted while the rest of us get rid it...wait if its a cannon we should be able to outturn it or something."

'Maybe, but if that cannon destroys the building we're in, we'll be done for anyway. And we still don't know if it's targeting us or if it is simply destroying the buildings it doesn't like. Maybe best not attack it until we're sure.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: September 26, 2012, 12:52:37 pm »

take cover with miyamoto, stay near a window (preferably in the back) and take a glance out of said window.

Oh this is gonna suck
I don't suppose the people with amps and manipulators could...i don't know...melt the barrel of its gun? the cameras?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7848 on: September 26, 2012, 03:04:40 pm »

Rush into a building between street A and street B quickly and head through it and out into street B to join Bishop. Take note of anything interesting you see on the way.
You duck into the nearest building, shouldering your way through the door and running through bare rooms, looking for another door or window. You find a window in the back, towards B street, but it's bricked over. Wait, no, it's not bricked over, it's just that the building behind this one is so close to it that the wall blocks the window. You search until you find a window that lines up with the window on the opposite building enough to let you squeeze through. You smash your way through with the butt of your rifle and squeeze through, flopping into the very dark building beyond.
Noticing the robot, Denzen jumped, but kept pace. "Shit! It's behind us! Spread out!"

You keep running down the street, sprinting while cursing to yourself.
Get into the nearest building! Leave the door open for the others, and slam it after anyone who wishes to enter makes it in. Get up a few floors and search for a window from which I can see the robot.
You follow Leon into the nearest building but rather then following him out a window you search for a way upstairs. You find a ladder of all things in the center of the building and climb up to the 4th floor. You slink over to a window and peak out, just able to see the robot from your vantage point.
'Goddammit!'

Sprint inside a still unoccupied building connecting a to b, go to the back to see if there's a backdoor, if there is, go through it, and keep moving away. If not, look for a window, smash it with the but of my rifle and go through, keep moving. Or use an allyway if there is one. If there's nothing, stand in the entrance-doorway so that only my head is peaking out. Keep tabs on the 'bot. If it looks like he's shooting in my direction, sprint out of the building and keep zigzagging away.

'Hey Rocketman, you still with us? Can you see where that thing is going to fire next? If so, be sure to warn the people in that direction. And watch yourself, that thing might take down the building your standing on.'

'To the people who entered a building: be careful not to get buried in debris if that thing shoots your cover to bits. Have an escape route ready.'

'Stay sharp people, we can do this.'

You dash into a building a few down from Leon and Havel and run to the back. There are only a handful of windows along the entire rear side of the building and they're all blocked by the buildings behind it. You curse and head back to the front door. You peak your head around the corner just enough to keep an eye on the robot.
"Looks like a war bot with what seems like a gauss cannon! Go through the buildings into B, out a window if you must! RUN! Before it destroys the buildings your in!"

Hop over the street to the other side of B and watch what happens.
You hop across the roof tops of the dozen or so buildings between A street and B street and then jump down onto B street. You wait there, watching.
RUN LIKE FUCKING HELL INTO THE BUILDING WITH THE REST OF THE TEAM!
You run into the same building as Miaymoto and hide in one corner, covering your head and muttering about just blowing all these fuckers up.
Roger realises what the team is doing, and not wanting to be left behind, changes course into the nearest building between A and B with no or few people in it and tries to get to B, unless there are alleys between the buildings, in which case he simply uses one of them.
You jump into an unoccupied building and manage to get through two buildings before you find one that has no windows connecting to another building. Dead end.
Seeing that Roger has a good idea, Denzen follows through another allley/building.
You follow Roger into building and through two more before you both hit a dead end. Damnit.
take cover with miyamoto, stay near a window (preferably in the back) and take a glance out of said window.

Oh this is gonna suck
I don't suppose the people with amps and manipulators could...i don't know...melt the barrel of its gun? the cameras?

You run into the same building as miyamoto, immediately running to the back and looking out one of the windows, directly into a concrete wall. 

Robot adjusts itself slightly, leaning to one side and then jerks itself in a hard arc to the side, it's cannon firing three times in quick succession. The first round tears through buildings on the far side of the street, ripping a massive gash across a dozen buildings, chunks of drywall, concrete and brick crumble into the street and the buildings begin to list forward dangerously. The second round tears down the center of the street, striking a building far along the curve of the street. The third round rips through the upper levels of several buildings including the ones that the team are hiding in, save for those that have pushed through toward B street. Debris crumbles down from the upper levels and into the street, blocking doorways and obscuring the road in a fog of dust. The men inside the buildings can do nothing but cower and hold their breath as concrete dust and bits of drywall fall from the ceiling around them, silently praying that the building doesn't collapse.

[Miyamoto dex:5]
Miyamoto leaps back into the building as debris rains down, dodging a potential headache rubble headache.

The clouds of dust obscure the street and make seeing anything outside impossible.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: September 26, 2012, 03:27:47 pm »

'Holy... Hey, is everybody alright? Did anyone get hit by the debris? Talk to me people!'

(over the radio): 'Bishop, could you please distract that thing for us? We really need some time to get outta here. Just take a couple of potshots at it if you can. I don't think that cannon of his is all that accurate.'

Go to back of the building. If a new opening has revealed itself, go to b street. If yes, see if there's a wounded teammate near (use radio to call for them) and drag them to safety. If not, try to find a way into another house and into b street.

((Go go lucky dex rolls!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7850 on: September 26, 2012, 03:28:05 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Avocado Sandvich (click to show/hide)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7851 on: September 26, 2012, 03:37:10 pm »

Roger looks for any way to the roof of the building, and takes it if there is one. "Is anyone hurt?"  "It won't be able to fire for a while, if anyone can see the robot,  shoot it's cameras."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7852 on: September 26, 2012, 03:38:01 pm »

Dr. Avocado Sandvich]
((Hoho, interesting. Can't wait to see the good doctor in action, both in his element and out of it. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7853 on: September 26, 2012, 03:41:43 pm »

Look for the bot and if possible shoot it's cameras.

"Right!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7854 on: September 26, 2012, 04:27:23 pm »

Frakking hell mate, that was NOT cool mister robot.

take a slight peak to see if I can get a visual of the robot. If so, attempt to melt its cameras with my amp.

then follow Miyamoto

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7855 on: September 26, 2012, 04:29:43 pm »

"I'm fine. Let's just keep moving before it, or any one of it's identical copies, finds us again."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7856 on: September 26, 2012, 04:35:41 pm »

"We need to get out of this dead end."

Denzen makes his way out of the dead end, moving back towards the rest of the group, but staying outside their building.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7857 on: September 26, 2012, 04:36:38 pm »

Spoiler: Dr. Avocado Sandvich (click to show/hide)

((I predict many, many overshots in your near future.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7858 on: September 26, 2012, 04:42:48 pm »

((That is half the beauty of the thing  :P))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7859 on: September 26, 2012, 05:37:41 pm »

Stay away from the windows and keep close to the walls. Move towards the centre of the building while remaining on the fourth floor.
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 [524] 525 526 ... 1256