Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942746 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7785 on: September 24, 2012, 06:05:32 pm »

Roger moves out of sight of the robot, pointing in it's direction, and checks to make sure his helmet speakers are off.  "Robot spider down there; direction of the explosions.  I assume it is dangerous."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7786 on: September 24, 2012, 07:40:02 pm »

Take cover along the wall a bit further from the others. Check out any entrances you can see. Sweep the snow from the ground and look at the street.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7787 on: September 24, 2012, 09:00:38 pm »

Look to the group and shrug then sneak down the left street and peak around the corner to see whats going on. Retreat to the group immediately if it looks as if ill be spotted.
The only "Left street" is the A street a bit down the road from you and there's a robot there. So....

You join Roger at the intersection.

Roger moves out of sight of the robot, pointing in it's direction, and checks to make sure his helmet speakers are off.  "Robot spider down there; direction of the explosions.  I assume it is dangerous."
You duck back around the corner and point down the street.
"Robots. Spiders. Pain."

Take cover along the wall a bit further from the others. Check out any entrances you can see. Sweep the snow from the ground and look at the street.

You take cover in a doorway halfway down the first stretch of road before A street. There are entrances all around you, every building has at least one, but beyond that there don't look to be any others, like manholes. You sweep some of the snow off the ground with your foot and look at the street. It looks like a fairly normal blacktop street.

The Spiderbot continues down the road, walking past Leon and Roger's hiding space and into the center of the intersection of 1 and A. It stops dead in the center of the intersection and slowly rotates around, spinning 360 degrees before continuing on along A street.

(I'm gonna make a map because it seems, by the commands I'm getting here, that some people are still a bit lost.)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7788 on: September 24, 2012, 09:02:52 pm »

Watch the robot go and then wait for the group to get ready to move out.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7789 on: September 24, 2012, 09:29:46 pm »

"So that is not a War bot... I am calling it a Hunter because of the way it looked around, for now.  Let's not go left though."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7790 on: September 24, 2012, 09:31:51 pm »

Once the way is clear of robots, stealthily catch up with the group.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7791 on: September 24, 2012, 09:35:53 pm »

Try the door. If its open, enter and tell the others you're going inside.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7792 on: September 24, 2012, 09:38:14 pm »

"So that is not a War bot... I am calling it a Hunter because of the way it looked around, for now.  Let's not go left though."
((Perhaps we should go left, since the bot apparently just left that area. Maybe we can set up an ambush if it ends up coming back around.))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7793 on: September 24, 2012, 09:59:54 pm »

((My reasoning was that there were explosions over there a moment ago.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #7794 on: September 24, 2012, 10:04:59 pm »

((My reasoning was that there were explosions over there a moment ago.))
((My reasoning is that whatever was over there is either dead or gone. Why else would that bot be moving away from the detonations? I'd like to know what was getting shot at.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7795 on: September 25, 2012, 12:46:49 am »

'Hmm. Rapid forced combustion to our left, pustule-ridden robotic arachnids to our right. 'Seems the only way to go is straight up. I'll be waiting for Bishop's report, however.'

'Hey guys, I had sorts of an idea a while back. If we want to evade the 'bots, it would be best to remain as unpredictable in our movements as possible, right? So I'm proposing that from now on, if 2 or 3 roads seem 'equal' (as in, no imminent danger visible or other similar factors), we could flip a coin or something to decide where to go. This would ensure we stay on the move, and minimize our chance for an ambush, I suspect. Anyone agrees?'

Think what kind of robot the spider one could be. Examine the 'snow' closely while waiting. Put some of it in a jar (if I have one, and by scooping up the snow with the jar), but only a bit of it at a time. Back away if it seems to be discharging, make sure to do all this a bit away from the rest of the group.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7796 on: September 25, 2012, 12:55:05 am »

"Right. You lot wait here, I'm going to have a look from higher ground. Don't get killed."

Fly up onto the roof of a building on the intersection of 1 and A. Have a good look around.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7797 on: September 25, 2012, 01:11:48 am »

'Hmm. Rapid forced combustion to our left, pustule-ridden robotic arachnids to our right. 'Seems the only way to go is straight up. I'll be waiting for Bishop's report, however.'

'Hey guys, I had sorts of an idea a while back. If we want to evade the 'bots, it would be best to remain as unpredictable in our movements as possible, right? So I'm proposing that from now on, if 2 or 3 roads seem 'equal' (as in, no imminent danger visible or other similar factors), we could flip a coin or something to decide where to go. This would ensure we stay on the move, and minimize our chance for an ambush, I suspect. Anyone agrees?'

Think what kind of robot the spider one could be. Examine the 'snow' closely while waiting. Put some of it in a jar (if I have one, and by scooping up the snow with the jar), but only a bit of it at a time. Back away if it seems to be discharging, make sure to do all this a bit away from the rest of the group.

[int:2]
You have no goddamn idea what the robot was, but it didn't kill you, so thats a good thing.  You gather some snow in a jar, slowly scooping in a bit at a time and flinching back from even the tiniest static shock. You get a bit into the jar and seal it without killing yourself. Yay!
Watch the robot go and then wait for the group to get ready to move out.
You watch as the robot wanders off and then wait around near the corner for everyone to catch up.
Once the way is clear of robots, stealthily catch up with the group.
You stalk over to the corner with Roger and Leon.
Try the door. If its open, enter and tell the others you're going inside.
(Not sure why you're saying "You", it's not me, it's you.)

You try the door and find it open so you head in and look around. The lobby sort of room you find beyond the doors is completely devoid of all furniture, decor or paint; it's nothing but a blank and empty room. You try a few more doors, find the stairs up to the next floor, but every room you look in is completely blank and empty.

Ok, here is the map. It's pretty shit and completely out of scale, but it's a bit easier then keeping it in your head. You're all in the red highlighted place. Just to give you an idea of how big it actually is, each of those little spaces is an entire city block. So you have a bit of walking to do. I'll update it with certain things such as blocked paths.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7798 on: September 25, 2012, 01:14:31 am »

((You missed my action! D:

"Right. You lot wait here, I'm going to have a look from higher ground. Don't get killed."

Fly up onto the roof of a building on the intersection of 1 and A. Have a good look around.
))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7799 on: September 25, 2012, 01:19:08 am »

'Ah yes, you do that. Be sure to tell us what you see, and watch where you're, erm, flying.'

Go to intersection, take a look around.

((Thanks for the map, PW. Will surely be of help, though it kinda looks like a crosshair to me. Let's hope it's all purely coincidental.))

((You missed my action! D:

))

((Poor Zako, can't wait to get shot out of the sky  :P))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 518 519 [520] 521 522 ... 1256