Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941407 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7770 on: September 24, 2012, 06:15:40 am »

poke on e of teardrop thingies with a spoon. If nothing happens pick it up with the spoon and take it with me

Alas, poor Tommy, I didn't even know ye.

Wipe away a single tear
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:24:57 am by Pancaek »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: September 24, 2012, 06:27:25 am »

Bishop took a moment to glance at Miyamoto.

"To be completely honest with you, that wasn't the scariest thing I've encountered so far. You can at least see the damn thing. Welcome to the corps."

'Well, that's just dandy, then. Still, I hope whatever took control of poor lil' Timmy won't hold a grudge against us or anything.'

((I highly doubt he won't, however.))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:29:03 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: September 24, 2012, 10:36:11 am »

"What if its helping us and if not atleast try to get it on our side I hope"

See if i can take one or two of the panels.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:37:42 am by Tavik Toth »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: September 24, 2012, 12:52:44 pm »

"If it was helping us, it would have gone into the dome. It didn't, so we presume the worst."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7774 on: September 24, 2012, 02:11:55 pm »

(( ouch lol down a man before the fighting even begins. If we got him back without killing him could the doctor try to fix him? Or failing that you think steve might like an extra brain? ))

Follow the group , watch behind us so nothing sneaks up on us.
You stand behind the group and wait, constantly checking around to make sure nothing is sneaking up on you.

Check the door out. Is there a switch? Is it locked? Attempt to open the door. Tell the others to take cover and prepare to enter while you investigate it.
You walk over to the console near the door and are about to start poking away when Wolfe intercedes.

"I'll take care of that." He says, pushing past you. "I'd like to be done with this before another of you catches on fire.

((Okay, so one last roleplaying post, then. At least I had fun with Timmy faffing about on the ship. Also, mesor, if you try to fight Timmy of Might and Magic, you WILL die. Timmy was pretty dangerous as a complete amateur in magic, while this thing IS the magic and thus, presumably, can use it at will endlessly. Luckily, I had a new character concept at the ready exactly for something like this.))
While falling through the endless void, close my eyes and imagine a TV in front of me. Imagine it's showing "All My Parasitic Alien Offspring". Watch all of it, all 300+ years of programming. Once done, watch it again, because who could even remember what happened in the beginning, anyway? Repeat infinitely. Laugh and weep at appropriate times.
You know, I may be hurtling through an endless, screaming void because of my own incompetence with no hope of ever leaving, but you know, it really could be worse. At least Carlotta's hilarious antics will keep me company.
For what seems countless thousands of years you play reruns in your head, the show gradually deteriorating in your mind until every scene and episode is just a morose wailing or insane giggling. Somewhere deep in the fragmented, television addled remnants of your mind you hope that someone else will someday touch that orb and that you might escape back into the waking world, to spread the joys of your new madness.

"Cue the laugh track, boys."

((I just KNEW something bad was going to happen to him if he kept using those powers. Seeing your body physically change into a different form is NOT a good sign kiddies.))

Bishop blinked a few times at the hole at the wall where the being that was previously Timmy had melted a hole through before popping a pill.

"Steve, you get that on our cams? Can you still track it? At any rate, I think he's not coming back to the ship with us. I'll see if I can get one of these plates for the eggheads on the way back. I'll give you a better look at these carvings with my cams, so they can get a look anyway."

He then turned to the doctor and the group.

"At least he got rid of the sentry for us. Ok doctor, you still coming with us? I dout that he'll be coming back this way for some time, since he was heading away from the globe. Anyway, let's get that door open."

Look for the controls to open the blast door. Get good footage of the patterns with my helmet cams for Steve.
You film the strange patterns as Wolfe works on the door. These are clearly not natural. Damn Timmy and his magic, he's spreading reality corruption everywhere he goes.

'Wow, just... What was... that... I, I don't even...'
Regaining his composure., Miyamoto continues:
'That was... quite unorthodox, to say the least. At least he took the guard out for us, so tit for tat, I guess. Still, I hope Timmy is still in there, somewhere.'

Examine those teardrop-shaped things Bishop is filming. See if it's possible to move one. If it is, poke it around to see if anything happens. If not, carefully take one and put it in my backpack (if it isn't too heavy or otherwise cumbersome).

Regardless of the previous succeeding or not, help in finding a control to the door, examine it if found. Try to work out how it operates, and especially, how to operate the door. Don't open it yet.
You pick up one of the teardrop chunks and roll it in your hand. It's rounded, even on the back, and completely covered in those designs. It's almost like the hole you pulled it from was designed specifically to hold it rather then just being a random bit of crumbling debris from an alien fire. As you examine it you can't help but feel that there's something all together odd about it, something laying dormant in those twisting onyx spirals. You put it in your bag.
poke on e of teardrop thingies with a spoon. If nothing happens pick it up with the spoon and take it with me

Alas, poor Tommy, I didn't even know ye.

Wipe away a single tear
You jab one of the stones with a spoon and, when it doesn't explode, pick it up and stuff it in your bag.

"What if its helping us and if not atleast try to get it on our side I hope"

See if i can take one or two of the panels.
Which panels? Also, this room you're in isn't the one you looked at earlier. There aren't any cables or panels beyond the one by the door.

Wolfe taps away at the panel for a few seconds before a series of locking bolts somewhere deep in the door slide free with a metallic thunk and the door begins to move, a harsh and artificial light bleeding out as the doors open with glacial speed. Bits of what look like snow, but grayish, like dirty sleet, float through the opening door, drifting weightlessly along and twitching through the air in ways that don't seem entirely natural.

"Ok, this is as far as I go." Wolfe says, backing away from the team. "But the building is straight ahead. You can't miss it. It's the tallest thing around and...well we call it the Whirlwind for a reason."

The doors finally stop, open just enough for the team to walk through. Through the opening you can see a Frankensteinian city of brick and mortar, shining glass and chrome, concrete and stone; a boulevard of mismatched skyscrapers and low apartments, stacked homes and what could only be described as enormous decorative structures. The styles of architecture and the method of construction vary greatly even between neighboring buildings. The first two buildings in front of you are a modern skyscraper and a stucco coated brick obelisk; a walkway of what looks like solid glass connects them both, an umbilical cord stretched above the street. The snow coats the ground and drifts silently through the air, gathering like dustmotes on any surface before drifting away with the slightest provocation. Occasionally an arc of electricity will leap between two motes and fill the air with a crackle of power before vanishing in an instant.

In the long distance, barely visible through the slowmotion blizzard, is what looks like a churning tower of snow, a tornado of swirling white standing at the middle of the city. High above is a visible geodesic dome imbued with countless halogen lights, a starscape of false suns. Somewhere far to the left there is the sudden concussion of an explosion and new smoke begins to mingle with snow, far away.

"Good luck."

(OK the city's architecture may change but it's street plan is always the same (Though some streets may be blocked). I'll explain it now so you can use it later. First, the city has 8 main streets set up as "spokes" coming out from the central tower, like this:

Each of these streets has a number, like this:

You're currently on street 1.

Beyond these main roads are concentric circle roads that expand outward from the center, like this.

I've only shown two but they continue all the way down to the center. These roads are labeled with letters, a, b, c etc.

So, for example, if you're walking down street 1 and find that the road is blocked just after the intersection of 1 and b, you could take b and head to street 8 and then continue toward the center. Does all this make sense? Does it need any more explanation?)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: September 24, 2012, 02:21:47 pm »

((You know, I couldn't imagine a better ending for Timmy. Or is it only the beginning? Too bad I didn't get to go inside the city, though. On the bright side, FREE ARTIFACTS FOR EVERYONE! That is, unless Timmy happens to possess you. That would be less great.))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 02:27:24 pm by Harry Baldman »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: September 24, 2012, 02:30:19 pm »

Tuck 1 of the remaining tear shaped panels in my bag then head out the main door and look down the street for any sign of movement.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: September 24, 2012, 03:04:00 pm »

Check the perimeter, see if there is any sign of movement or any robot/camera/sensor of some kind. Also, check if I can still 'sense' that teardrop-thing I just picked up.

'Say Bishop, would you dare to fly up a little bit, so you could observe our surroundings from a vantage point? Or maybe you could fly up to that skyscraper, land there and take a look. Although... although the war bots might have AA defense. Hmm... You could fly closely to the edge of the building perhaps, to block their visibility from that side. It's your call, you're the only one with a rocket pack.'

((Also, i know I'm taking a gamble with the unknown-possible-magic stone, but what's life without a few risks, eh? ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: September 24, 2012, 03:06:42 pm »

advance slowly.

"Lets go."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: September 24, 2012, 03:52:21 pm »

"We should make some kind of plan, I doubt just wandering into the city would help our chances much."  Roger moves just within the nearest corner and looks down street A to the opposite side.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: September 24, 2012, 04:30:13 pm »

"Agreed."

wait for the rest to make up a plan.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: September 24, 2012, 04:46:49 pm »

Mindbogglin'. I'm just going to stand back here and amuse myself and leave the planning to the brighter minds in the group.

follow the group and attempt to juggle some spoons

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: September 24, 2012, 05:15:11 pm »

Denzen puts on stone in his backpack and looks down street 1, staying out of any streets.

"Well, it would be fastest to try a straight shot to the center, but that might also be too dangerous. What do you think?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7783 on: September 24, 2012, 05:31:04 pm »

Tuck 1 of the remaining tear shaped panels in my bag then head out the main door and look down the street for any sign of movement.
You grab one of the tear drops (Tears of Little Timmy?) and stuff it in your bag before heading out a few feet into the snowglobe. A dusting of snow covers you as you look around. There are no signs of movement as far as you can see, but you can faintly hear something to the left, towards Main Road 2, the sound of metal tapping lightly against something hard.

Check the perimeter, see if there is any sign of movement or any robot/camera/sensor of some kind. Also, check if I can still 'sense' that teardrop-thing I just picked up.

'Say Bishop, would you dare to fly up a little bit, so you could observe our surroundings from a vantage point? Or maybe you could fly up to that skyscraper, land there and take a look. Although... although the war bots might have AA defense. Hmm... You could fly closely to the edge of the building perhaps, to block their visibility from that side. It's your call, you're the only one with a rocket pack.'

((Also, i know I'm taking a gamble with the unknown-possible-magic stone, but what's life without a few risks, eh? ))
You don't "sense" the stone in your bag, don't feel anything great and cosmic hanging a ride with you. Hmm.

You walk out with Leon and look around. There's no movement, and you can't see any cameras or sensors, at least what you recognize as a camera or sensor, around. You hear the same metal clinking that Leon does though.

advance slowly.

"Lets go."
You join Leon and Miyamoto a few feet beyond the door.

"We should make some kind of plan, I doubt just wandering into the city would help our chances much."  Roger moves just within the nearest corner and looks down street A to the opposite side.
You walk past Leon and the rest of the group and follow the street for a while till you reach the end of the block, the intersection of 1 and A. You take a look down both sides of the street, left towards 2 street and right toward 8 street. There's nothing of interest to the right, just more buildings-most of the ones near by look fairly new in design, often connected by walkways that bridge the streets-but the left is a different story. To the left, wandering down the center of A street, is what looks like a mechanical spider of some type: a roughly oblong metal body with a dozen thin, multi-jointed legs and an underbelly coated in a medusa's head of slender metal tentacles. A row of what look like black pustules runs from tip to tail of the body.
Mindbogglin'. I'm just going to stand back here and amuse myself and leave the planning to the brighter minds in the group.

follow the group and attempt to juggle some spoons
You join leon and attempt to juggle spoons while the important people have a think.
[dex:5]
You juggle 10 spoons at once with your fucking eyes closed. You scum watching this? This is how awesome I am at things that don't even matter! YEAH!
Denzen puts on stone in his backpack and looks down street 1, staying out of any streets.

"Well, it would be fastest to try a straight shot to the center, but that might also be too dangerous. What do you think?"
You look down the street but don't join the rest of the group, staying behind the doors with Wolfe. You don't see anything new, at least nothing you didn't see a second a go; no movement, no giant robots with "This robot is programmed to murder your face" written on their chests. All seems pretty quiet.

Whatever exploded far to the left explodes again, pumping more smoke into the sky. You can hear the distant sound of glass shattering against the ground and concrete crumbling.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: September 24, 2012, 05:37:22 pm »

Look to the group and shrug then sneak down the left street and peak around the corner to see whats going on. Retreat to the group immediately if it looks as if ill be spotted.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1256