Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942401 times)

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Happy Landings
« Reply #7725 on: September 23, 2012, 07:22:05 am »

Roger readies his rifle.  "Why not just jump out and shoot it? There are ten of us, surely we could hurt it."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: September 23, 2012, 07:51:13 am »

I would not have more then three fight it. To much chance for it to go badly wrong and we wound each other. Bishop and one or two more is safer.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: September 23, 2012, 09:02:03 am »

"If you feel like you can take it on, go right ahead. Just don't miss cause it probably won't."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: September 23, 2012, 09:03:36 am »

" Im not doing it alone but 1 fight seems better to me then the side route where we could run into dozens of problems "

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: September 23, 2012, 09:33:09 am »

"What wpould happen if I cut the cables in the hallway?"

wait for answer then tug cables.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 11:34:15 am by Tavik Toth »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: September 23, 2012, 10:00:08 am »

"Well unless you have a better idea than running out infront of a robot laser turret, straight into the open, then you can count me out. See if there's cover or something first that you can dash over to.

Also, don't touch the high powered wiring. These suits don't insulate you from electricity and we don't need power problems either."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: September 23, 2012, 11:33:23 am »

"Uh I looked there is no cover just cables and a doorway so count me out as well."

have a secound look around the corner just to be sure.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: September 23, 2012, 12:39:44 pm »

"Then see where the damn thing is then. Is it pointing at us? How big is it? Can you even see it in the first place?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: September 23, 2012, 01:00:17 pm »

"Its wasnt there last time I checked. For now."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:02:00 pm by Tavik Toth »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: September 23, 2012, 01:41:39 pm »

Bishop sighed.

"Move. Let me have a quick look."

Take a quick peek around the corner. Look for cover, extra enterances, the sentry and anything of note.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7735 on: September 23, 2012, 03:36:34 pm »

Look carefully around the corner describe the room to the group then look to bishop. " Im game if you are boss who wants to live forever anyway?
You peek around the corner. Just as Wolfe said there is a doorway a few feet down and what looks like a very large room beyond it. You can't see much in the larger room but it looks like a straight shot to a pair of very large blast doors. In front of those blast doors is the guard: It's 8 foot tall at least, a set of tank treads with a gimble mounted laser atop it. A battery of sensors is arrayed like headlights on the front of the machine and a bundle of heavy electrical cables leads from a generator to the back of the laser, feeding it power. As soon as you peek your head in the machine's weapon twitches and zeros in on you. You duck back behind the corner and describe to the team what you saw.

"Is there any connecting passageways to that hall that we could use?"
"There are two but they connect into that room at most a quarter of the way down."

Standing as close to the edge of the corner without actually going around it, try to listen if I can hear anything beyond the corridor. Specifically, watch out for anything resembling threads or wheels. Motion other people to be silent if they make to much noise for effective hearing.

'Hey guys, we may wanna keep the volume down, in case it has good audio sensors, or we could ruin our element of surprise.'
You listen carefully. There's an electrical hum, but thats been constant, and when Leon looked around the corner you could hear the sound of servos in motion, but nothing else.

"Lemme try something. Magic hasn't failed me yet!"
Sit down, get into a meditative pose and use magic to mentally reach out to the guard turret. Try to disable it without hurting its internal components (pulling its gun away from it if I can't do anything else).
[will:1]
You sit down and concentrate, closing your eyes and reaching out with the single intention of removing the obstacle in your way. There's a sound from the corridor, a scream of rushing air and then rending metal. White flame blooms down the hall and floods like water through the doorway, washing over you and your team. But no one is hurt, not even the unsuited guide. It burns around you for a few moments before vanishing instantly.

Search for panels that can be opened.
[/quote]
You don't see any panels or consoles in this room
(Also, if you remember you looked around the corner immediately next to the maintenance control room. After that Wolfe led you all quite a way away from there to here. So the hall you looked into is by no means the hall the Guard inhabits.)

Bishop sighed.

"Move. Let me have a quick look."

Take a quick peek around the corner. Look for cover, extra enterances, the sentry and anything of note.

Things have changed a good bit since Leon looked. The Guard robot is nowhere to be seen, only a scorch mark on the floor marking its former location. The rest of the room is intact but coated in strange lines, thinly carved in the walls. Square spirals still glow faintly white as the heat in them dies.

Timmy stands up, brushing off his hands. "See? Told you magic always wor-" His voice is lost to new sound, a distant sound, like the ringing of a thousand church bells far beneath the sea. The sound grows as Timmy shudders, his entire body shivering violently as light grows from within his suit, boiling up and straining out of every thin space and seam. Finally it escapes, a flash of white flame spitting from a seam in the arm of his suit, and then another bursting forth from under his helmet, more and more tearing their way through every second as the suit and helmet are torn apart and burn away. Timmy is barely recognizable, barely seen, just a shadow, like the wick of a candle lost in the flame. The being that was Timmy turns toward the group and regards them silently, hovering a  few inches in the air.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 7:Playing with fire
« Reply #7736 on: September 23, 2012, 03:43:18 pm »

"Shit. Uh, Tim, you there?"

Move so the group is between me and Timmy.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: September 23, 2012, 03:52:10 pm »

Move away from Timmy, while keeping my gun trained on him. Make sure not to move into the corridor leading to the hall with the doors.

'Hey man, if that's still you in there, say something.'

((Also, I'm thinking of changing my speech color to Crimson. Thanks for the tip Tiruin!
Am I the only one thinking it is just sad we haven't even defeated our first foe yet, and already one of our teammates is FUBAR? ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: September 23, 2012, 03:54:27 pm »

Uh oh.
Find out if I'm still in control somehow. If not, take control with all of my might.
Come on, magic, submit! I paid 3 tokens for you, after all! Also, is it just me or is Chompers pointing a gun at me? I mean, seriously, dude, it was just an air hockey match. Let's not let things get out of hand!
((Well, crap. I might be missing out on this mission after all.))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 04:00:56 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: September 23, 2012, 03:55:42 pm »

"Hi."

Wave at shadow Tim.
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 1256