Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944143 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #6750 on: August 21, 2012, 05:46:04 pm »

((
"Well, let's move it. I'll go first, then you come afterwards. Stay near the cliff just in case this thing decides to start swinging."
))
(("I'll go first" has many meanings. Including being the first one to set a foot on the elevator. :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: August 21, 2012, 06:17:57 pm »

Thomas in in a Stasis chamber, and Conrad's still good up there. Appears something or someone messed with his stuff though. I know it wasn't me.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: August 21, 2012, 06:21:33 pm »

Well, it all started when we - Thomas - got that tuning fork from the ruined third floor. I don't remember, were you with us at that moment? I was a bit distracted then, a bit busy with doctoring Faith and Gorat from another small accident.
At about the same time strange black ink was discovered by Faith - I don't know much about it, ask her if you want. Thomas came to take a sample of that ink, I believe, then... well, somehow he fell and 'absorbed' the ink. After a minute or so of him struggling against it, that thing took him over and engulfed in 'black-flame' - in essence, made him a Lighteater (he ate light for at least once, as I can confirm). Then he took that tuning fork and used it to shapeshift and control the sandstone around him, and to call for something big (well, at that moment we could only hear the ground trembling).
We tried to oppose him, but not-Thomas-thing seemed to just shrug off any piece of matter we sent into it - it ate Charro's blade-hat, for exampe. In the end, Gorat managed to deal some damage to it with his microwave amp, and the thing made itself a new body out of sandstone boulders with its staff, and abandoned Thomas for this new 'host'.
Then the colossal something - I guess it was the aforementioned Wyrm - finally came, and turned out to be a giant moving city, bore on the back of a huge thing (worm? snake?) seemingly made of the same ubiquitous metallic material and sporting the same patterns in its 'growths'. The Lighteater, still holding the tuning fork-staff in his 'hand', boarded the colossal creature and then it was gone.
I guess it sums up what happened there. Have I missed something?
Maurice asked, turning to the rest of the team.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:26:29 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: August 21, 2012, 06:28:52 pm »

"Faith, I assume you still have the camera? I'd like to request you film the cliff face as we go down."
"Obviously. I might get tired and need someone else to take over at some point, though. This is looking to be a long trip."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: August 21, 2012, 06:32:53 pm »

I guess it sums up what happened there. Have I missed something?
"Hrmm," Charro said, with a theatrical yawn, "The part where you talked us all to death, perhaps? I don't believe you mentioned that."
He grinned and went on with his breakfast. "Apologies, Maurice. I'm sure that would be quite an interesting story, if not for the fact I'm living through it as we speak. Doubtless it would make a bestselling book. If maybe you shortened it a bit, to save back strain on the part of your readers."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:58:56 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: August 21, 2012, 06:42:55 pm »

Faith spared a sideways glance at Charro.

"At least your chapter would be quick," she muttered quietly.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: August 21, 2012, 06:50:10 pm »

My bad. In my defence I can only say that a thorough explanation was called for, and I answered that call. And even then I tried to be quick and curb the less important facts.
Which reminds me of something I might have omitted: the key to using the staff is to strike the fork. Wielding the item yourself, while helpful, can possibly be circumvented - I hit the staff's forked head with a small rock, and then the sandstone beneath my feet shifted a bit for a moment.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: August 21, 2012, 06:53:11 pm »

"Hm. You know, based on the information we've gathered, I wonder if they'll be able to recreate the fork? They have the sound recorded, they've got plenty of footage of it... but of course, there could be hidden variables in there somewhere."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: August 21, 2012, 06:54:51 pm »

My bad. In my defence I can only say that a thorough explanation was called for, and I answered that call. And even then I tried to be quick and curb the less important facts.
Which reminds me of something I might have omitted: the key to using the staff is to strike the fork. Wielding the item yourself, while helpful, can possibly be circumvented - I hit the staff's forked head with a small rock, and then the sandstone beneath my feet shifted a bit for a moment.

((Lighteater has the staff.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: August 21, 2012, 07:08:06 pm »

Well, worth trying. And, actually, I hope that we'll be able to find another one in the Lost Citadel. I wonder, though, would its powers still function outside this anomaly, in the outer world?

((@Spinal_Taper The reason above, and I'm currently thinking of a way we could possibly set up an ambush for the Wyrm and its inhabitants. Maybe request a megatonne charge from Steve?.. Nay, at best we could try overloading the MFM, and even then it probably won't do much damage, since the heat waves part of the explosion will be missing. ))
Past Sigs

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: August 21, 2012, 07:18:23 pm »

Well, worth trying. And, actually, I hope that we'll be able to find another one in the Lost Citadel. I wonder, though, would its powers still function outside this anomaly, in the outer world?

((@Spinal_Taper The reason above, and I'm currently thinking of a way we could possibly set up an ambush for the Wyrm and its inhabitants. Maybe request a megatonne charge from Steve?.. Nay, at best we could try overloading the MFM, and even then it probably won't do much damage, since the heat waves part of the explosion will be missing. ))
((That sounds like a bad idea to be.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: August 21, 2012, 07:53:38 pm »

(( On the second thought, I guess so. I don't think we are fit for any large-scale operations as of now, especially that large-scale. ))
Past Sigs

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: August 21, 2012, 08:17:24 pm »

"How long is this ride? Can I take a nap?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: August 21, 2012, 08:51:01 pm »

I suppose so. 30 miles is a long way down, after all.
Past Sigs

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: August 21, 2012, 08:52:20 pm »

It'll be a few hours, so I don't know about you, May, but getting here double-time warrants at least being half-asleep on the way down, to me.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1256