Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944089 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #6720 on: August 21, 2012, 12:16:26 pm »

Rest & recuperate while we are waiting for Simus and May to return.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: August 21, 2012, 01:16:11 pm »

((Hey, just a heads up, but The cheatsheets has Thomas' scoped laser rifle still with Milno. Everything else looks good.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: August 21, 2012, 01:29:53 pm »

Examine and film the surrounding area while waiting for the away team. Use the cutting torch to get another stone sample from somewhere nearby but not in the way.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6723 on: August 21, 2012, 02:01:23 pm »

Gorat wakes up yawning, then somehow gets back on his 1 1/2 feet.

((Since I posted that part after Charro went to sleep originally...))

"I probably won't be able to use my laser rifle on the mission anymore, so you can have it for that time." Gorat says to the mad hatter.

Give Charro the rifle if he wants it.

Examine elevator - without touching it, of course.
You huck your rifle to charro before walking over to the elevator platform and taking a look at it. It looks like nothing more then a glorified window washers platform, just a fairly large bit of scaffolding held over the fall by some very heavy duty looking support struts. The engines that drive the platform up and down its cables are affixed to either side of the platform itself, with the controls mounted on a base in the center. It looks like it will hold a good deal of weight but it also looks fairly unbalanced, the sort of thing where you shouldn't lean over the rail unless you like flipping yourself and everyone off into the abyss.

"Ok team. Now this is important, so please listen. Don't mess with the freaking. Elevator. At best, it breaks, and our mission is over. At worse, we plummet to all our deaths. So please, let's just keep it basic and get to the bottom"

Travis searches the camp for extra glow sticks

"I'd like a summary on what happened after I left.....in case something similar occurs at the Citadel. Also, was an agreement made to wait for the away team or continue?"
You poke around in the tents, shoving crates aside, opening a few, looking for a cache of glow sticks or lanterns. Despite your best efforts you can't find anything to light your way.

'Hrm. What a depressing dream: even poor folk back home would be better off than HMRC cannon-fodder. Well, at least I get to see new places, eh?'

Charro sits up, blinks away sleep, yawns, accepts the laser rifle from his potty-mouthed teammate with a small nod, then glances over to Travis. "Erm, away team?" He nods towards Simus and May.

"D'you mean them?"

>Get to my feet with laser rifle, assume dramatic leader-style pose with one foot propped up on something as I scan the horizon.
[charisma:1+1]
You heft your rifle in an awkward manner and then place your foot on a crate, trying to look manly. Unfortunately the crate slides on the sand coated rock and you end up doing the splits and looking the exact opposite of leaderly or manly.

"Wait for the away team. The grumpy old man warned us about the next area, and even if we aren't exactly the textbook image of competent people, numbers may still do us good. Aside from that, one of them has a manipulator and actually knows how to use it."

Milno says, already up from his dreamless sleep.

Wait for the team.
You wait. It proves very easy.

Rest & recuperate while we are waiting for Simus and May to return.
You just keep sleeping despite everyone around you milling around and occasionally kicking you in the head.

((Hey, just a heads up, but The cheatsheets has Thomas' scoped laser rifle still with Milno. Everything else looks good.))
Yeah, I fixed that now (in the ones I have at least)

Examine and film the surrounding area while waiting for the away team. Use the cutting torch to get another stone sample from somewhere nearby but not in the way.
You film the camp and the immediate area. There's not much to see; the lit area doesn't extend very far and the fall is...well its a fucking cliff down to nothing. It's like looking at the edge of the world. 
[aux:2+1]
After filming some more vacation movies you put the camera down and cut another sample  of the stone. It crumbles into pieces as you try to pull it from the hole so you just drop the bits into a container. Good enough.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: August 21, 2012, 02:01:51 pm »

((And they have Fayri's combat shield still with Simus. I believe I gave that to Maurice.))

Alright, let's get back. No sense in making them wait longer then needed. Let's get there as fast as possible without killing ourselves.

To the Fall, double-time. Crack another glowstick if needed in the area with the rope shredded.

((Damn you Piecewise, You ninja'd my action with a turn!))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: August 21, 2012, 02:05:14 pm »

Examine lift controls. Figure out if it'll let us stop or reverse direction midway.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: August 21, 2012, 02:31:45 pm »

"Oy. I don't really like the look of that lift."

Wait.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: August 21, 2012, 02:38:09 pm »

"Me neither, but I suppose getting a 30-mile lift into a place like this wasn't easy. Frankly we're probably lucky they decided to go down it at all, rather than declare it a void and move on.

Then again, I guess the graveyard is at the bottom, so maybe not."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: August 21, 2012, 02:42:34 pm »

((Placeholders until the team comes.))

Milno keeps sitting on the ground and waiting for the away team.

Wait.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: August 21, 2012, 02:48:00 pm »

Go with Simus.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: August 21, 2012, 02:49:11 pm »

"Then again, I guess the graveyard is at the bottom, so maybe not."
"At least one of the brothers would think so."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: August 21, 2012, 02:54:52 pm »

Rest more.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: August 21, 2012, 03:01:07 pm »

"Assuming that was what actually got him, of course. For all we know he uncovered some of that black stuff.

Speaking of which, I forgot to tell the away team to ask Steve about capturing shades. We probably wouldn't want to do that until we were on our way out anyway, but it might be nice to have the equipment waiting for us or a definitive reason why not."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: August 21, 2012, 03:09:59 pm »

Gorat lightly taps on some of the bandages that seal his suit, vaguely smiling behind his faceplate. "They may not be a definite reason why not, but I'd like to think of their sharp limbs as at least an adequate reason why not."
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: August 21, 2012, 03:14:41 pm »

"Well, the way I was planning didn't involve touching them. And I mean the tiny ones, not the ant lions."
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 1256