Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944148 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Probably just my ****ing blood loss
« Reply #6705 on: August 20, 2012, 08:45:49 pm »

Put Thomas in safe stasis, wait for partner and then go back to the Tower-area.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6706 on: August 20, 2012, 10:31:23 pm »

Put Thomas in safe stasis, wait for partner and then go back to the Tower-area.
You drag Thomas off the table, taking most of Conrad's food and plates with him. The ship is still waiting outside, it's lights blinking away in the almost pitch black of the moonless night like red and blue fireflies. You drag Thomas the last few hundred feet through the dark and punch the hatch button, squinting as the door opens and the lights kick on with an electric buzz. It takes some creative maneuvering but you get Thomas out of whats left of his suit and into the stasis pod with the correct lines and tubes attached. You press the start up button and watch the lid close and the tube begin to fill before you head back to the house. Simus is there, still talking to Conrad, so you lean up against the fridge and wait for her.

Hey Conrad... We think we may know what might have happened to a sibling of yours... and possibly more information on Lighteaters.
"Unless you're here to tell me he's alive the I don't really care." Conrad says, a look of disgust on his face as May drags Thomas away. "Also, which one of you broke my goddamn shelf?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: August 20, 2012, 10:51:26 pm »

Simus takes her helmet off, savoring the chance for unfiltered, unrecycled air.

It wasn't any of us. Last time we were here, we didn't touch anything of yours. Sorry about this mess.

Now, I hate to speculate about this stuff, because honestly, I'm no anomaly expert, but,

In the Tower, one of our group found a strange "Animate black liquid". When he made physical contact with it, it seemed to posses him... and make a Lighteater out of him. The injuries he sustained when we got him back were caused by another team member trying to cut him apart while he was "possessed".

Under her breath, Simus mutters, Idiot.

But the Lighteater, or whatever it was, left him willingly, into... something, that it made itself.

Now, your older brother did describe the Lost Citadel as an intact version of the Tower, you said.

I can only guess what we'll find there, but I'll be sure to inform you if we find anything that could point to him being alive.

To May: We should probably rest back at the forest. It'll take longer for us to get back, but we won't be drop-dead exhausted when we do.

To Steve: Guy we just brought back up, Thomas, is going to need quarantine when he's back on the ship. Got possesed by something in the anomaly.

Simus reseals her helmet again and heads back in with May.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:41:57 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: August 21, 2012, 01:22:30 am »

((@piecewise I might have missed the announce, but I suppose your foreign vacation is already over, right? Could you please then update the pastebin and/or the unit list on the front page when you have time? Oh, and once again, thank you for GMing the ER :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6709 on: August 21, 2012, 02:29:28 am »

((@piecewise I might have missed the announce, but I suppose your foreign vacation is already over, right? Could you please then update the pastebin and/or the unit list on the front page when you have time? Oh, and once again, thank you for GMing the ER :) ))
Updated the character sheets and the cheat sheets. The character sheets aren't up to date on items at all, since I tend to use the cheat sheets for keeping track of items.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #6710 on: August 21, 2012, 03:12:16 am »

(( Thank you! ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: August 21, 2012, 03:17:31 am »

>Have pleasant dreams of being rich again, living in my mansion and cruising around in a fancy [INSERT VEHICLE HERE] filled with beautiful women with huge potatos, terrorising the peasantry with a giant airhorn. Whilst swigging fine wine and cackling madly. Oh and give me a totally awesome suit, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: August 21, 2012, 06:54:19 am »

"Forest? Okay."
Depart with Simus to the forest.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6713 on: August 21, 2012, 11:02:23 am »

>Have pleasant dreams of being rich again, living in my mansion and cruising around in a fancy [INSERT VEHICLE HERE] filled with beautiful women with huge potatos, terrorising the peasantry with a giant airhorn. Whilst swigging fine wine and cackling madly. Oh and give me a totally awesome suit, too.
[will:2]
You have generic dreams of being middle class, driving in a standard car, flanked by average women with normal potatos.

"Forest? Okay."
Depart with Simus to the forest.

Simus takes her helmet off, savoring the chance for unfiltered, unrecycled air.

It wasn't any of us. Last time we were here, we didn't touch anything of yours. Sorry about this mess.

Now, I hate to speculate about this stuff, because honestly, I'm no anomaly expert, but,

In the Tower, one of our group found a strange "Animate black liquid". When he made physical contact with it, it seemed to posses him... and make a Lighteater out of him. The injuries he sustained when we got him back were caused by another team member trying to cut him apart while he was "possessed".

Under her breath, Simus mutters, Idiot.

But the Lighteater, or whatever it was, left him willingly, into... something, that it made itself.

Now, your older brother did describe the Lost Citadel as an intact version of the Tower, you said.

I can only guess what we'll find there, but I'll be sure to inform you if we find anything that could point to him being alive.

To May: We should probably rest back at the forest. It'll take longer for us to get back, but we won't be drop-dead exhausted when we do.

To Steve: Guy we just brought back up, Thomas, is going to need quarantine when he's back on the ship. Got possesed by something in the anomaly.

Simus reseals her helmet again and heads back in with May.

With Thomas' body in the freezer and a long walk still ahead of them, Simus and May descend back into the abyss. They follow the lit path into the forest, the damage to the path only beginning in the pitted lands, and decide to sleep at the camp there rather than continue on to meet with the other team. They barely have the energy to eat dinner and collapse into the sand.

Both teams awake some hours later, rested but burdened by the long journey they still have ahead of them. They can do nothing but stretch sore muscles and look forward with a mix of anticipation and dread.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: August 21, 2012, 11:41:09 am »

Gorat wakes up yawning, then somehow gets back on his 1 1/2 feet.

((Since I posted that part after Charro went to sleep originally...))

"I probably won't be able to use my laser rifle on the mission anymore, so you can have it for that time." Gorat says to the mad hatter.

Give Charro the rifle if he wants it.

Examine elevator - without touching it, of course.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:25:00 pm by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: August 21, 2012, 11:49:03 am »

"Ok team. Now this is important, so please listen. Don't mess with the freaking. Elevator. At best, it breaks, and our mission is over. At worse, we plummet to all our deaths. So please, let's just keep it basic and get to the bottom"

Travis searches the camp for extra glow sticks

"I'd like a summary on what happened after I left.....in case something similar occurs at the Citadel. Also, was an agreement made to wait for the away team or continue?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: August 21, 2012, 11:54:31 am »

'Hrm. What a depressing dream: even poor folk back home would be better off than HMRC cannon-fodder. Well, at least I get to see new places, eh?'

Charro sits up, blinks away sleep, yawns, accepts the laser rifle from his potty-mouthed teammate with a small nod, then glances over to Travis. "Erm, away team?" He nods towards Simus and May.

"D'you mean them?"

>Get to my feet with laser rifle, assume dramatic leader-style pose with one foot propped up on something as I scan the horizon.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: August 21, 2012, 12:01:18 pm »

Travis watches Charro nod at empty space

"No, I don't mean your imaginary friends. I mean the team that dragged our friend that got a case of parasite. At least that was what I was told"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: August 21, 2012, 12:02:02 pm »

"Wait for the away team. The grumpy old man warned us about the next area, and even if we aren't exactly the textbook image of competent people, numbers may still do us good. Aside from that, one of them has a manipulator and actually knows how to use it."

Milno says, already up from his dreamless sleep.

Wait for the team.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: August 21, 2012, 12:10:57 pm »

((Hehe, I skimmed over PW's post a bit too quickly, it seems. :P The words "camp", "team" and "sleep" all melded together into one big ball of brainfart. Also my sleepy brain thought Piecewise had said we were sleeping til the others got back.))

Charro seems a tad embarassed, realising he was nodding at entirely the wrong people.
"Erm... Ignore me. I thought they were back already. I um, dreamt it. Yes."

>Recover from embarrassing moment, continue scanning horizon in dramatic pose!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 1256