Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944460 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Probably just my ****ing blood loss
« Reply #6675 on: August 19, 2012, 07:43:39 pm »

"...that's it? You brought a bladed hat and nothing else? What did you spend your tokens on, or what were you saving them up for?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: August 19, 2012, 07:48:50 pm »

"I had a laser gun, once! But then I lost it. Somehow. Uhm." Charro shrugged and pulled the remnants of his hat off to inspect it.
"I suppose I could maybe still throw it at them... Err..."

>Attempt to create makeshift weapon from what's left of my hat, combined with any stuff lying around nearby.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: August 19, 2012, 07:50:46 pm »

Faith raised an eyebrow.

"...lost it? And, why didn't you buy another one, or something. I mean, you don't need a weapon to be useful, but I, uh... I haven't really noticed you doing anything else. No offense, it's just that you don't have any weapons or tools or medical gear, soooo..."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: August 19, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »

Posting to watch.

Lo and behold, the spirits walk among us. Every room, every corridor they flow though. They watch, judge and interpret our every action. Some please them, some delight them, yet others they despise, they loathe. The spirits, they know what we've done.

Once, they slumbered peacefully, but now the awaken, and they know what they see: Humans. What we are to them? Food? Resources? All we know is that they seek particular individuals out, no correlation between any they seek.

You ask what has awaken them? Possibly the journey ending, possibly they back with us when we first landed on the planet. Needless to say, however, they're restless, and what "Purpose" they seem to be following, they do so relentlessly. Heed my words however, watch your actions, consider the the ripples they leave in fate and the effects that can happen for tampering in it, for who knows what evil an action can bring fourth...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6679 on: August 19, 2012, 10:26:47 pm »

(( Maurice: Injured legs, left hand missing (not the doctoring one, fortunately)
Simulacrus: Cut tendon in the robotic leg, which later got fixed by Faith.
She should be fine as she doesn't overdo it while the binder hardens.
Which might or might not be over already. ))
( Continue to the Fall )
Wave goodbye to the away team as they leave. Good luck! I'm really sorry I'm not in the condition to go with you.
Speaking of which...
Check if my emergency kit contains a crutch I could use with what is left of my left arm.
You rummage through your kit, looking for a crutch. Hmm, nothing. Must be only in advanced kits. Oh well. You head down the path toward the fall.

Milno wakes up from his nap.
"We have to have at least one combat-ready person in each team. If albino freak goes to the shuttle with you, I'll be with the Fall team."

"Call by the radio if you are still close but something happens."

Do as above said. If May leaves with the Shuttle team, then help Maurice hobble to the Fall.
You make ready to go and help Maurice along when Faith asks you to get a bit rock and drag it along for the rest of the damn trip.

"Yeah no? I'll get it on the way back."

That said, you help Maurice hobble away.

Shuttle Team, carrying Thomas.
Help carry Thomas to the shuttle.
Simus and May grab Thomas' unconscious body and start off toward the shuttle, following the  rope once they hit darkness.

Fall team. Tell Milno to fetch that rock, now that we know it's more or less an alien puppet head.

Also film the damage and alterations Lighteater and its house caused to the structure, and try to figure out what exactly happened to that lantern Lighteater ate the light out of.

You walk out to the outer wall and film the damage that the Wyrm caused. From there you head back into the Tower itself and stop to look at the lantern the Lighteater pulled the light from. [aux:4+1] You open the lantern up and look at all it's parts, slowly combing through every circuit, wire and connection. Everything seems to be in order. Huh.

You shrug and decide to head out towards the fall with the rest of the group, falling in step  behind milno.

The away team vanishes into the darkness as the rest of the team continues along the path, leaving the Tower behind. After An hour our so of walking, taking turns helping the crippled along, the team makes it to the Fall. There is little to see except a small encampment of largish tents over crates of various provisions; everything from dehydrated food to replacement parts for the elevator platform. The elevator platform itself sits on the edge of the fall, a sheer cliff drop straight into the abyss. It all resembles the basecamp of some sort of strange, reverse mountain climbing expedition.

The away team has little to report seeing as they're still picking their way through the dark as quietly as possible. Silently they both hope that the rope is still intact and that it won't lead them straight into a pit.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: August 19, 2012, 10:30:19 pm »

Tell Milno to fetch that rock.
((Forgot to answer, since it was in action form. You just missed an opportunity to roll for speech, piecewise. :P))

"No." Milno answered before heading to the elevator.

Rest.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: August 19, 2012, 10:39:51 pm »

Eat, drink, and sleep.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: August 19, 2012, 10:55:39 pm »

Travis looks up from his seated position in one of the tents

"I see we lost quite a few. Should have left when I suggested"

Travis shrugged

"Well...what happened? Might be important to know how we lost half our team"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: August 19, 2012, 11:01:05 pm »

"Well...what happened? Might be important to know how we lost half our team"
"Thomas was freed from the lighteater parasite and is being carried over to the shuttle by the rest of the team." Milno answered Travis before diving inside a tent.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: August 19, 2012, 11:09:30 pm »

"Oh"

Travis took some RnR.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6685 on: August 19, 2012, 11:23:04 pm »

Tell Milno to fetch that rock.
((Forgot to answer, since it was in action form. You just missed an opportunity to roll for speech, piecewise. :P))

"No." Milno answered before heading to the elevator.

Rest.
You walk straight to the nearest tent and shove some of the crates aside, making yourself a nice little sleeping hole. You flop down in the sand and close your eyes, idly listening to the people around you as you wait for sleep to come.

Eat, drink, and sleep.
You drop your bags and gear down in the center of the camp, near a large, stationary light fixture and take a seat next to them.  Some rations and water make up your dinner for the night; not great but filling enough. You glance about as you chew your way through the rations, watching the rest of the team unpack and sit or lay down. The air of exhaustion is palpable and tired and broken bodies grind to a halt. You wonder if you look like that, sunken and stooped. You turn back to the light. You wish it was a campfire. That would be nice. You finish your dinner and find a soft patch of sand to lay down in, yawning and stretching before curling up.

"Oh"

Travis took some RnR.
You eat some dinner as the last stragglers march in. You feel the urge to ask for more details about what happened back at the tower but ignore it for the moment. There would be time for that later.

(At this point we're just waiting for everyone to sleep so time can advance and the away team can reach their destination while you're all sleeping.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: August 20, 2012, 12:05:40 am »

"I am plenty useful! After all, I uh..." Charro trailed off into a yawn as he sat down.
>Eat, then have a nice sleep and dream of happier times.

((I was gonna write something clever and entertaining, but I'm too tired. Oh well.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6687 on: August 20, 2012, 01:04:45 am »

"I am plenty useful! After all, I uh..." Charro trailed off into a yawn as he sat down.
>Eat, then have a nice sleep and dream of happier times.

((I was gonna write something clever and entertaining, but I'm too tired. Oh well.))
Ditto.
You eat a thing and then sleep a place.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: August 20, 2012, 01:26:49 am »

((Gorat would have given the away team the glowsticks the guide had given him, if it isn't too late now.))

"I probably won't be able to use my laser rifle on the mission anymore, so you can have it for that time." Gorat says to the mad hatter.

Give Charro the rifle if he wants it.
Eat, drink, sleep.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: August 20, 2012, 02:03:52 am »

Find a good spot to sit (and later lie) to give the legs rest. Have a healthy drink and eat-drink of the liquid/paste food. Check the amount of food and medical supplies left.
Yawn and stretch. Switch off the microphone. Give in to the understanding that I lost half an arm. Try to be optimistic about the Paracelsus' Sword medical staff reattaching it back. Drift off to sleep. Dream of the horrible alien ponies that caused the ruination of the Tower.

(( Uh, sorry. I guess I got a little carried away  :) ))
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 02:15:06 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 1256