Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944672 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Probably just my ****ing blood loss
« Reply #6660 on: August 19, 2012, 04:53:39 pm »

((PW: Which direction did the path get taken out at?))

"Well... that was utterly fascinating. It seems we understand this place even more poorly than we thought.

I suppose my preference would be for staying here and continuing to investigate, but with the team in its current state it wouldn't surprise me if I was needed. It'd also be nice to get a chance to talk to Steve again, bizarre as that sounds.

I'm also fine with staying at the tower. The crazy's already passed, to be blunt.

And I don't remember anything about first contact in our orders, but I do remember figuring out as much as we can, so I'd say that qualifies. Not that whatever rides the Wyrm, assuming that was the Wyrm, is likely to stop and pay us a visit."
(I'll do he actual post here in a bit. But it was the path back toward the shuttle that was smashed. )

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: August 19, 2012, 04:57:56 pm »

"Let's rest anywhere, but let's rest."

Follow group and take a nap, if they keep discussing, start the nap now.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: August 19, 2012, 05:02:53 pm »

"Thomas doesn't have time for us to rest. Unless we're worried about getting lost in the dark, the away team, if that's not all of us, needs to get moving now."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: August 19, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »

Heck, the lights might be out on the section of path leading up to the Tower from the pitted lands, but the rope is probably intact. It's the break in the pitted lands that's more of a problem, since the rope there is shredded. However, a glowstick or two should be enough to reconnect the light. Now, let's go.

If the away team assembles:

Pick up Thomas and start to haul him back along the path to the shuttle, following the rope where the lights are out.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6664 on: August 19, 2012, 05:39:17 pm »

Alrighty, general consensus looks like you're splitting into an away team and a team to press on till they reach the Fall and then set up camp. The away team will be away pretty much the entire "night" so they're either gonna be going without sleep or are gonna have to sleep once they get back. Now for the sake of expediency, who is going on the away team and who is continuing to The Fall?

"~Thomas....Thoooomaasss~...."

Poke Thomas.
You jab Thomas in the ribs. He doesn't respond.

"Erm. Whoops."
Realising he was the only one still running, Charro turned around, somewhat sheepishly, and headed quickly back to the others.
"Oh hell, is he alright?" He frowned at Thomas's condition. Still, he looked better than when he was being devoured by weird shadowy stuff. 'That... probably means he's improving. Right?'

Charro stood about awkwardly, feeling useless.

>Return to group. Stand around. Offer moral support. Keep an eye on everyone.
You return to the group and generally cower away from Simus as she waves a big o' wrench at your skull. Geez, a guy can't even spontaneously cop a feel these days.

"Let's rest anywhere, but let's rest."

Follow group and take a nap, if they keep discussing, start the nap now.

You lay down and close your eyes while the rest of the group prattles on.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: August 19, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »

((Current team consists of:

Faith (healthy)
Milno (healthy)
Charro (healthy)
May (healthy)

Gorat (everything cut off, surprisingly healthy nonetheless)
Maurice (injured leg? or was that Simus?)
Simus (...same question)

Travis (healthy but MIA)

Unless I'm forgetting someone.

For who we need for each team, basically we need the away team to be able to carry one and possibly two bodies (I think Chin is fine enough to continue?) and navigate through the dark, and that's about it. So... it's pretty much whatever anyone wants to do, I guess?))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: August 19, 2012, 06:04:33 pm »

((I didn't get a chance to defend myself. :())

Charro just stands there, waiting for planning to take place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: August 19, 2012, 06:39:10 pm »

(( Maurice: Injured legs, left hand missing (not the doctoring one, fortunately)
Simulacrus: Cut tendon in the robotic leg, which later got fixed by Faith.
She should be fine as she doesn't overdo it while the binder hardens.
Which might or might not be over already. ))
( Continue to the Fall )
Wave goodbye to the away team as they leave. Good luck! I'm really sorry I'm not in the condition to go with you.
Speaking of which...
Check if my emergency kit contains a crutch I could use with what is left of my left arm.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: August 19, 2012, 06:48:12 pm »

Milno wakes up from his nap.
"We have to have at least one combat-ready person in each team. If albino freak goes to the shuttle with you, I'll be with the Fall team."

"Call by the radio if you are still close but something happens."

Do as above said. If May leaves with the Shuttle team, then help Maurice hobble to the Fall.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: August 19, 2012, 07:21:47 pm »

Shuttle Team, carrying Thomas.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: August 19, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »

Help carry Thomas to the shuttle.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: August 19, 2012, 07:33:20 pm »

Fall team. Tell Milno to fetch that rock, now that we know it's more or less an alien puppet head.

Also film the damage and alterations Lighteater and its house caused to the structure, and try to figure out what exactly happened to that lantern Lighteater ate the light out of.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: August 19, 2012, 07:36:07 pm »

"Erm. Might anyone have a weapon of some sort that I can borrow? It appears I'm on the onwards team, but I'm not really sure what use I'd be." Charrow shrugged and spread his empty hands. "Anyone? ...Not that our weapons seem to help much in this place anyway."

>Follow after the Fall team, hands in pockets.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:37:47 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: August 19, 2012, 07:37:54 pm »

"...didn't you bring a weapon? What did you bring?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: August 19, 2012, 07:42:02 pm »

"Well." The question made Charro a little sad. "My hat... Thomas ate it. You know, when he was a big shadowy-thing."
He glanced over at the unconscious Thomas with a frown. "We shall be having strong words on the subject, when he wakes up. Er, if he wakes up." Charro's frown deepened the more he followed this train of thought. "...If I survive."
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 1256