Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945333 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6585 on: August 18, 2012, 11:14:49 am »

"Alright, Thomas, I'm sorry but you're being terribly uncooperative," Charro sighed theatrically as he hefted his hatblade, testing the weight of it before taking up a throwing grip, carefully aiming it at the arm not-Thomas held the fork in.
"Stand back, people. This... Might not work."

>Aim carefully and throw the hatblade at not-Thomas, attempting to sever the arm/hand he holds the tuning staff with.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6586 on: August 18, 2012, 11:19:47 am »

Oh, that's not good. That's not good at all.

... Everybody out, get the hell away from this tower and Thomas the Lighteater.

Get out of the tower and away towards where the elevator is.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6587 on: August 18, 2012, 11:56:39 am »

Once again try to figure out how to play the suit's record of original sound (and do it, if I succeed).
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6588 on: August 18, 2012, 01:54:48 pm »

Gorat shakes his head to get rid of the cats that got his brain. These guys really must be infectious. he thinks about his teammates, then gets his attention back to Lightthomaseater. Seems he isn't trying to eat me, at least. But that sound...

"E...evac! Away from the tower!" he shouts into the channels, but does not heed his own advice, instead signaling to Milno to leave him be.

Hobble after Lighteater if necessary. Third try for amputation.
[exo:4]
You close your eyes and concentrate on severing Thomas's arm. Come on, damn it, is it too much to ask to allow you to sever a teammate's arm with a psyhokinetic burst of heat? IS IT? A disk of heat, razor thin and white hot, appears just above Thomas' right arm, flashing into existence for an instant before disappearing. Thomas's arm and the staff it's holding separate from his body without a sound, falling into the sand.

"HA!" you yell over your pounding head "Take that, you eldritch whatever you are!"

"Alright, Thomas, I'm sorry but you're being terribly uncooperative," Charro sighed theatrically as he hefted his hatblade, testing the weight of it before taking up a throwing grip, carefully aiming it at the arm not-Thomas held the fork in.
"Stand back, people. This... Might not work."

>Aim carefully and throw the hatblade at not-Thomas, attempting to sever the arm/hand he holds the tuning staff with.
[uncon:6]
You wind up and hurl the blade like some sort of hindu god, the chakaram hissing through the air and directly into the back of Thomas' head. The blade vanishes into the flames, seemingly without effect.

Oh, that's not good. That's not good at all.

... Everybody out, get the hell away from this tower and Thomas the Lighteater.

Get out of the tower and away towards where the elevator is.
You run down the ramp, skid across the sand and make a break for the opposite side of the tower. You dodge through rubble and debris before making it to the path and sprinting away.

Once again try to figure out how to play the suit's record of original sound (and do it, if I succeed).
[Aux:4+1]
Is it this..or maybe...AH HERE IT IS! You rewind through the suit's recording and, once you've found the tone, broadcast it at full power. The tone goes out but...there's something off about it. It just doesn't have the same resonance, the same force as the tuning staff.

Thomas turns and looks at the severed limb and the staff. The black fire on the severed limb deforms, seemingly devouring the limb, and then wraps around the staff before shooting back into Thomas' other hand. He swings the staff in a low arc, the fork dragging lightly against the sand and releasing a strange warbling. The sand in front of Milno and Chin parts and the sandstone below rises with a thunderous grumbling noise, a new wall forming between the tower and the inner wall, blocking Milno and Chin's escape. Thomas spins the staff with practiced ease between his fingers, somehow moving the 50 pound mass as though it was nothing. The fork scrapes the sand again, this time digging a groove toward Milno and Chin. The ground shudders and suddenly Thomas is surging forward, riding a wall of sand and stone straight toward Chin and Milno.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 01:58:35 pm by piecewise »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6589 on: August 18, 2012, 02:15:47 pm »

Anyone still in there with a way out, get out. Now.

Stop and slowly re-approach the area, keeping a sharp eye out for anything unusual.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6590 on: August 18, 2012, 02:22:57 pm »

"W-well at least we know he can see us!"

KEEP. FILMING.

((EDIT: Also, could I get my skills and stats?))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 02:33:03 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6591 on: August 18, 2012, 02:38:31 pm »

(( I wonder if 'Thomas' having power over that staff is only due to the ink thing, or it has something to do with him discovering that 'fork', or with Milno bashing him with it :P
Well, whatever. As always, the story makes perfect sense of all details, however small. I guess, that's why (among a dozen other equally good reasons) ER is so great  :) ))
Damnation!.. I'm afraid I am of no use here now. Time for people with ranged weapons, I believe, preferably energy ones. It seems that ordinary matter cannot damage it-him.
Throw another pebble - this time aiming for the staff's forked end. If I miss, or not-Thomas doesn't react to it, hobble towards the nearest exit from the Tower.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6592 on: August 18, 2012, 02:56:56 pm »

((I suspect an option is now to encase Lighteater in a sphere of heat. Or at least most of the body. Best case scenario, that leaves Thomas mostly dead, me unconscious, and the sandstone wall stopped. Worst case scenario, it leaves Lighteater peeved, me braindead, and the sandstone wall crushing Milno. Well, excluding the myriad ways a 1 could screw things up.))

(( I wonder if 'Thomas' having power over that staff is only due to the ink thing, or it has something to do with him discovering that 'fork', or with Milno bashing him with it :P
Well, whatever. As always, the story makes perfect sense of all details, however small. I guess, that's why (among a dozen other equally good reasons) ER is so great  :) ))
((I suspect it simply comes with the territory of being Lighteater. Who knows how long he has hoped to get that rod. It's probably like his one ring, except we can't afford to Mount Doom it.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6593 on: August 18, 2012, 03:02:19 pm »

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

Run away.

NAOW.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6594 on: August 18, 2012, 03:52:52 pm »

((I suspect I pretty much have to post an action now. Feel free to override it for me. If there's something left of Gorat to act, also feel free to act for me during my night.))

Create a heat sphere on Lighteater. If Thomas' head can be spared, try to do so.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6595 on: August 18, 2012, 05:30:06 pm »

I've got the turn all ready, just waiting on milno to post since, well, he's in kinda a bad spot.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6596 on: August 18, 2012, 06:44:11 pm »

((Sorry, I was kind of busy through the day. Hey, when Chin asked me to leave him be, I would do it. Here, I mean:))
"E...evac! Away from the tower!" he shouts into the channels, but does not heed his own advice, instead signaling to Milno to leave him be.

((Edit: Also, wow. These last days I've been having some trouble in catching up and posting, but I noticed few people tried intuition and Int rolls.
EditEdit: And no one tried to destroy the staff...))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:05:05 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6597 on: August 18, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »

((EditEdit: And no one tried to destroy the staff...))
((Until recently, the staff wasn't a problem in the slightest; even now, it's only part of a different problem we hope to be able to fix and will likely have to deal with anyway.

Plus, it's extremely valuable, and while I doubt we'd be able to use it, could be pretty handy if we could.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6598 on: August 18, 2012, 08:24:10 pm »

((Sorry, I was kind of busy through the day. Hey, when Chin asked me to leave him be, I would do it. Here, I mean:))

((Edit: Also, wow. These last days I've been having some trouble in catching up and posting, but I noticed few people tried intuition and Int rolls.
EditEdit: And no one tried to destroy the staff...))
Well, you're currently just holding him and running because, despite him saying to let him go, you haven't actually posted the action of letting him go. After all, milno isn't known for taking orders :P Currently there's a wall of stone in front of you and a wall of stone and sand flying directly at you, trying to pancake you against the other wall. Now If feyri were here she'd probably try to use Chin to surf that other wall...but thats entirely up to you.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:35:16 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6599 on: August 18, 2012, 08:47:39 pm »

((Not dropping Chin, writing action. And you are right, Chin doesn't know what's best for him, gotta keep running so he'll stop trying to tell others what to do. :>

Oh well, wave of stone. Not cool. Really gotta keep running.))
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 09:02:19 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 1256