Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946092 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6480 on: August 16, 2012, 02:56:54 pm »

You know, if it reacted when it touched you... It may be sentient. If so... Then you really have a problem. Since it's all-clear, I'm going to help Doc Maurice get to you, he's having some trouble with his legs torn up as they are.

Assist Maurice in getting to Thomas
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: August 16, 2012, 02:57:24 pm »

"If he starts to take real damage from whatever is inside him, we could try deafening sound to get the thing out of him. Of course, it could react explosively, so we should leave it as a last ditch option and only if he allows us to."

@Knight Otu: Ninja.
"I don't care. I just don't want to die. Anything to save my life."

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: August 16, 2012, 03:29:07 pm »

Sigh. No one observes caution in an alien universe.

"I'm sorry to say this, but right now you are infected Thomas. The fact it hasn't killed you already means it's trying to use you for it's own purpose, I believe. Taking control of your body, reprogramming your mind, whatever.

Unfortunately, we don't know what its purpose is. Your only chance is if it's trying to assist you in some way, though that is highly unlikely. The other action is to activate the tunning fork and see if that causes a change in it's actions. It could also turn it hostile if it wasn't already. We're in unknown territory and running out of time. It's your decision. Anything we do could kill you. I suggest though most of the team vacate the area until we know more. It might infect others"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:31:32 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6483 on: August 16, 2012, 03:32:13 pm »

"Waiting is our best option, we don't know anything about the thing inside albino lover's body, and since this is our second camping site, we should do what we are supposed to and rest before moving on with our travel. Now shifts will be necessary, though, and Thomas will have to stay away from the rest of the group." Milno says.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6484 on: August 16, 2012, 03:40:54 pm »

Muster my strength and stand up, then slowly walk up to Thomas.

People on look-out posts, any signs of movement outside the Tower?
You drag yourself up and move slowly into the tower and up the ramp. You only make it about half way at your hobbled pace.

"Uh... Guys? What's going on with me?"
Thomas makes it easier for the medics to treat or examine him.
[will:6]
You take your helmet off and lay down, struggling against whatever is tearing through your body.

"Oh god. Ohhhh god. He's- there's- Thomas, you're leaking black stuff and you've got... tiny... tentacles coming out of your pores. I... I don't know what we could possibly do to stop or fix this.

It... it reacted to the noises, so it might react again while still inside him, but I have no idea if that'd hurt or help or what.

Thomas, do you have any... uh... preferences? Waiting it out might be all we can do, but... I mean... black liquid coming out of your skin."

Keep filming Thomas, see if I can figure out what the tentacles would be trying to do or how to avoid Thomas being injured.
You film Thomas while trying to think.
[intuition: 3]
Gah, you can't think of anything!

((The lower half of his abdomen. He cratered from the star on the dam explosion.))
"Whatever it takes so I don't die."
Well, actually pretty much all your organs are mechanical now. Even your spine and lots of bones are. You were pretty badly messed up after that explosion. But your muscles and skin and the like are still human.

Gorat grimaces. Doesn't sound good. "Only thing I can think of, and I hate to suggest it, sudden and extreme noise, equivalent of a blinding flash. Just not the fork."

Go to the tower entrance again and be on lookout.
You go back to the tower's entrance and keep an eye out. No sign of danger yet.

You know, if it reacted when it touched you... It may be sentient. If so... Then you really have a problem. Since it's all-clear, I'm going to help Doc Maurice get to you, he's having some trouble with his legs torn up as they are.

Assist Maurice in getting to Thomas
You help Maurice up the ramp and into the room with Thomas.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: August 16, 2012, 03:43:59 pm »

Actually, I suggest Thomas's immediate transportation back to the shuttle, into the safety of the stasis. Certainly the most safe method of preserving your life I can think of now. Things they can do on board are akin to miracles, if you ask me.
And if it turns out you, Thomas, don't have that much time, we can try one of those extraction methods people suggested - right on the way there.

If anyone is concerned with the time, I am fairly sure we can afford the delay. I'll take the blame (and the 'cution) if you want.

Examine Thomas, and think about how dangerous those things might be to him, judging by what they have already been able to do as well as what they couldn't (or didn't want to).

My... it is really that bad as I supposed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:47:24 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: August 16, 2012, 03:46:34 pm »

Try to sense if anything feels different, other than the pain. Any prescences, any extra senses or changes to the previously existing ones.
"I'd appreciate that a lot. Just make sure to restrain me or something."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: August 16, 2012, 03:48:13 pm »

"I'm concerned with time, but not for the mission, for whatever's going on with Thomas. If he's still fine after a day of being dragged through the sand back to the shuttle, wouldn't he probably be okay in general?

Plus, if we're trying the tower noise, we can only do that here.

Thomas, are you in pain? And ignore what Travis said; just because it's inside you doesn't mean it's mindraping you to its purposes."

Examine Thomas' mechanical parts for signs of ink infestation, and examine biological parts for signs of damage.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: August 16, 2012, 03:53:17 pm »

"H-Hey, try the tower thing. It's loud. Things from this dimension don't like loud."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6489 on: August 16, 2012, 03:55:46 pm »

Gorat fights the urge to strike a ninja pose for no discernible reason. He simply isn't equipped to do so right now, after all.

"It's my understanding that some mortal conditions can turn bad very sudden. So, Thomas holding out for one day doesn't necessarily mean he can hold out for two."

Keep keeping lookout.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: August 16, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »

"You sure, Thomas? This puddle reacted to the tower's noise; it was completely still before, then started spiking up when the noise began. I think that's a bit more significant than 'doesn't like loud.'

And yeah, I suppose that's possible, Chin. But, it looks like he's in trouble right now. If he's not, that means we really don't know what's going on.

...plus, we're not sure how the thing inside him might react to sunlight. I'd feel better if we could cover him in a blanket or something, if we are evac'ing him."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6491 on: August 16, 2012, 04:47:02 pm »

"Spiking up, you say? Then with the tower noise, it could tear him apart? And with it being in his brain, with no chance of recovery? I'll reiterate then, don't use the fork."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: August 16, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »

"You sure, Thomas? This puddle reacted to the tower's noise; it was completely still before, then started spiking up when the noise began. I think that's a bit more significant than 'doesn't like loud.'

And yeah, I suppose that's possible, Chin. But, it looks like he's in trouble right now. If he's not, that means we really don't know what's going on.

...plus, we're not sure how the thing inside him might react to sunlight. I'd feel better if we could cover him in a blanket or something, if we are evac'ing him."
"Err... O-Ok. Just do whatever you guys think will work."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: August 16, 2012, 05:02:27 pm »

Stasis will be the best option, followed by getting Steve to recall the shuttle with him in it and send another. He needs into quarantine, as soon as possible. I'll volunteer to take him if nobody else does, I've no qualms about another trip back, although I think you shouldn't come this time, Doc. We need to go as fast as possible, and I hate to say it, but that's not happening with your legs so torn up. But we do need a doctor.

Besides, at the same time, we might get something to help us determine what these devices are for. A seismic scanner of some kind, perhaps?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: August 16, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »

"I still say dragging him all the way back is probably going to be excessive or futile, and maybe both. Plus, we have no idea what effects stasis might have on the thing or Thomas with the thing in him.

Getting more equipment back at the ship sounds nice, but I suspect Steve will be rather stingy about handing us free gear."
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1256