Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943770 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6180 on: August 04, 2012, 02:53:39 pm »

Try to discern the weights purpose.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6181 on: August 04, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »

Find out who has the camera. If it is not with the guys exploring the tower, get the cam and film the monoliths, the tower, and its interiors and artifacts. Pay special attention to the shapes carved/engraved on anything. If my hobbling would cause filming those to be too hard, ask Faith "Faith, can you help me filming those shapes? I don't want them to be undecipherable in case they're a writing system."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6182 on: August 06, 2012, 10:02:23 am »

Charro paced about, inspecting the strange sculpture-like objects from various angles whilst stroking his chin like an intellectual.
"Hmm... Surely these things serve some purpose..." He muttered to himself, squinting at their sweet, sandstone forms.
They looked almost like... Potatoes. If potatoes were irregularly shaped chunks of rock.

Putting aside his sudden urge to taste them, he closely examined the floor around them for any scrape-marks or grooves.

>Inspect the strange monoliths about the room, especially the floor around them. Search for any signs that they're designed to move, and give them an occasional experimental push, trying to work out if they are actually pieces of some kind of giant puzzle. Also wait til no-ones looking and test what they taste like. My bet is like potato...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6183 on: August 06, 2012, 04:04:00 pm »

Travis took his knife out and chiseled part of the wall out, storing the piece in his backpack so that they can verify back at the labs if it was made of the same material as the bedrock.

He labeled it as usual.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6184 on: August 06, 2012, 04:16:15 pm »

Find out who has the camera. If it is not with the guys exploring the tower, get the cam and film the monoliths, the tower, and its interiors and artifacts. Pay special attention to the shapes carved/engraved on anything. If my hobbling would cause filming those to be too hard, ask Faith "Faith, can you help me filming those shapes? I don't want them to be undecipherable in case they're a writing system."
"Actually, I think we should get a full sweep of the entire structure, if possible. Being able to reproduce an exact replica of the entire thing could be extremely useful back at the lab."

If nobody's using the camera, take it and begin recording the ground near and exterior surface of the outermost wall, going all the way around. Then start working my way inwards, making sure to record every easily reachable surface and nook.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6185 on: August 06, 2012, 04:30:12 pm »

"That was kind of part my plan, Faith, but especially the shapes should stay decipherable."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6186 on: August 07, 2012, 04:33:42 pm »

Surprising lack of posts, all things considered.

Go into the tower and look around.

Didn't Conrad say that his brother thought the Lost Citadel looked like this tower, only complete? Something makes me think that either this tower used to be a heck of a lot taller, or there's something in the Lost Citadel, for his brother to have gone in, but never come out.

Examine one of the monoliths more closely.
You head into the tower proper and take a close look at one of the monoliths that dot the sandy floor. It's about two and a half meters tall, with the strange of pattern of grooves, indents and concave protuberances covering only the upper third of one face.

[intuition:6]

The carving are clearly artificial. Probably art. Yes. Yes. Modern art.

Same deal as I said in the other thread. Gonna be gone for a few days because of a lack of internet. Will be back as soon as I can.
((That's okay.

Also enjoy your trip.))
Technically I've been on a trip for the past weeks, hence spotty internet and random post amounts at times. I've just been moving around. Also my wireless capabilities on this laptop are non-existant so I'm tethered to an ethernet cable and it's kinda hard to find outlets around. Not to mention the router I'm plugged into is giving me trouble so I keep having to disconnect and reconnect and..yeah, gremlins. Oh well.  Thanks though, I am having a good time, despite a router that needs a slap. I got drooled on by a moose today. 

Try to discern the weights purpose.
[intuition:4+1]
Hmmm. Well, assuming that this place has always been in the dark like this, then whoever built this place might use sound, just like the shades. And, if these things were machines, with the upper weight moving up and down, striking the lower one, then they would create repeated, steady sound. To the creators of this place, these machines just might be the equivalent of lights.

(Faith kinda took incentive so I'm just gonna assume you asked her rather then doing it yourself.)

Charro paced about, inspecting the strange sculpture-like objects from various angles whilst stroking his chin like an intellectual.
"Hmm... Surely these things serve some purpose..." He muttered to himself, squinting at their sweet, sandstone forms.
They looked almost like... Potatoes. If potatoes were irregularly shaped chunks of rock.

Putting aside his sudden urge to taste them, he closely examined the floor around them for any scrape-marks or grooves.

>Inspect the strange monoliths about the room, especially the floor around them. Search for any signs that they're designed to move, and give them an occasional experimental push, trying to work out if they are actually pieces of some kind of giant puzzle. Also wait til no-ones looking and test what they taste like. My bet is like potato...

There doesn't appear to be any signs of movement in the sand or the floor around the monoliths. You give it a gentle push and when that does nothing you give it a harder, shoulder shove. When that does nothing you lick it. Tastes like sand. Shocking.

Travis took his knife out and chiseled part of the wall out, storing the piece in his backpack so that they can verify back at the labs if it was made of the same material as the bedrock.

He labeled it as usual.

You don't have a knife that I have listed...

"Actually, I think we should get a full sweep of the entire structure, if possible. Being able to reproduce an exact replica of the entire thing could be extremely useful back at the lab."

If nobody's using the camera, take it and begin recording the ground near and exterior surface of the outermost wall, going all the way around. Then start working my way inwards, making sure to record every easily reachable surface and nook.

You start walking around the exterior wall, filming the surface. Lots of damage, most of it blunt or shallow, uneven gashes, like ricochets. Large sections have crumbled, though they don't reveal anything about the interior of the wall or it's construction; it seems like it's a single solid block. You make your way all the way around and back to the front.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6187 on: August 07, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »

((Welcome back. I thought I had posted, but I guess my spotty connection ate it. It was something along the lines of - but longer and more elaborated than:))

Check if there is a pattern for the monoliths' positioning.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 04:43:01 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6188 on: August 07, 2012, 04:48:29 pm »

Proceed to film the next ring, capturing the wall on both sides and everything in the middle space.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6189 on: August 07, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »

Look for a method to activate the weights, then do so. Try to discern whether the writing is hieroghlyphic, with each symbol representing an object, or alphabetic, which each symbol representing a sound.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6190 on: August 07, 2012, 05:58:44 pm »

((Welcome back. I thought I had posted, but I guess my spotty connection ate it. It was something along the lines of - but longer and more elaborated than:))

Check if there is a pattern for the monoliths' positioning.
There doesn't appear to be any sort of pattern to them, except for the fact that they're all placed somewhat near the walls and that their symbol baring side are pointed toward the center of the room.

Proceed to film the next ring, capturing the wall on both sides and everything in the middle space.
You film the inner wall and the ground between the walls. Theres a few monoliths along the way, these thicker and with symbols on all four sides. You make it all the way around without much trouble.

Look for a method to activate the weights, then do so. Try to discern whether the writing is hieroghlyphic, with each symbol representing an object, or alphabetic, which each symbol representing a sound.
You take a look at one machine. There aren't any noticeable controls or panels or anything that screams "On switch". Theres not even an indication of how they function, if indeed they function as you assume they do. Hmm.

[int:2]
You can't really think of anyway this mass of interwoven and overlapping symbols can be arranged into a language.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6191 on: August 07, 2012, 06:00:44 pm »

Continue on with the next ring, and the next, and so on, until I've filmed the exterior of the tower itself.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6192 on: August 07, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »

Tug on a weight.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6193 on: August 07, 2012, 06:20:17 pm »

Continue on with the next ring, and the next, and so on, until I've filmed the exterior of the tower itself.
You film the last parts of the outside and then make a full rotation around the tower itself, filming it as best you can. The holes in the tower look more like they were busted out from the inside, rather then from external force, like what you s in the outer walls.

Tug on a weight.

You put all your strength and weight into yanking on one of the weights. It doesn't move an inch.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6194 on: August 07, 2012, 06:28:26 pm »

Spin the weight, try to make it arc like the weight of a grandfather clock.
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 1256