Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943469 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6165 on: August 03, 2012, 09:28:34 pm »

"No, I won't inform you. If I see something that important, I will obviously go in there and have a nice chat with whatever creatures I may find, because that is obviously the best course of action."

Milno's voice was as sarcastic as ever as he quipped, answering to Travis' request to do the obvious.

"And don't try to act like a leader. Your actions are almost as 'brilliant' as Faith's."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:32:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: August 03, 2012, 09:50:28 pm »

And on that note, if anyone sees the Lighteater, just radio for whoever has the camera. Don't try and get near it or aggravate it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: August 03, 2012, 10:25:28 pm »

"Drag the wounded into a safe corner. Faith, try to not kill them, k? Their injuries are your fault after all. I'm going to examine the innermost wall. Perhaps we can climb to the top of it and establish a sentry for the night"
"There are no elements here, as far as we're aware. Also, shut up, and give me the camera when you're done playing with it."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: August 03, 2012, 10:30:36 pm »

((Ouch, Travis was pelted from two sides.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: August 04, 2012, 12:03:54 am »

Travis's voice dropped into sarcasm for the first time in active duty

"Do you want to be leader, then, Milno? Because obviously no one else is"

His voice went back to its usual, direct way

"Look. Every successful operation has had a good leader, whether scientific, militaristic, or political. From what I can tell last mission after I was knocked out, no one took charge, and you guys failed. A well organized effort would have cornered and rooted out the assassin.

To be honest, I don't really care if you want to play leader, you are the most experienced. However, if you aren't, I'm going to, because it's stupid not to.

...and Faith, no matter what you say, you still caused their injuries through your poor decision making, and no amount of telling me to 'shut up' will change that. When I said elements, I meant wildlife and anything else that might give us trouble. You never know"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: August 04, 2012, 12:05:42 am »

Ignoring the others' bickering, Charro was staring with fascination at the tower as they neared it.
'Such a strange building... I wonder who or what could have made it? Are we all going to die in there? Perhaps I can find out.'
He quicked his pace, keeping an eye out for anything dangerous about but mostly just focused on the tower.

>Ascend to top of tower, trying to ascertain how it was built and what by.
>Keep an eye out for any valuable alien artefacts, too, of course.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: August 04, 2012, 12:11:15 am »

Perhaps I can find out.'

((The latter or the former? :P))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: August 04, 2012, 12:11:24 am »

Travis's voice dropped into sarcasm for the first time in active duty

"Do you want to be leader, then, Milno? Because obviously no one else is"
"Ah, there you go. That is what I was about to talk about with you."

"I'm your leader now, whether you like it or not. I don't care if you want to acknowledge me, what I do know is that I'll try to get most of your asses alive back to the ship and complete this mission. I'll also listen to any requests but I'll turn them down if they are stupid, which they usually are. Don't get too worried, I'll consider the team's opinion."

Milno grinned.

"Are we understood?"
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:25:16 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: August 04, 2012, 12:42:33 am »

Travis let out a sigh

He didn't actually suspect Milno would take up his offer. Milno was laid back and lazy; he didn't think he'd actually want to be in charge. Though, he supposed Milno wouldn't actually be doing much if he bossed people around....bah, he didn't think this one through. He'd honor his word, though.

He said, with very little energy "Yes..."
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:44:23 am by Orb »

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: August 04, 2012, 04:52:21 am »

Sigh. Resist the urge to dope-slap Faith. Try to help sealing the suit, at least.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 05:18:48 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: August 04, 2012, 05:02:16 am »

Thomas let out a sigh.
"Hey, Milno, are we going now?"
Go.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6176 on: August 04, 2012, 07:24:25 am »

Climb into the tower, look around for living things, writing, or any other signs of intelligent life.
"I'll keep searching this place with albino lover."

Milno keeps searching the [whole] tower to make sure nothing is wrong, watching his step.

Milno and Thomas head off toward what they assume is the front entrance to the tower: a 4 meter tall circular opening partially buried in the sand. The hall that the opening leads to isn't straight, but meanders gently leftward, partially following the curve of the building till it comes out in a central room, also circular. This central room isn't much more then a pillar of empty space reaching up the entire length of the tower and out into the darkness beyond. Piles of rubble are scattered about on the ground floor, as well as more of those monoliths with their strange textural  features. 5 ramps, collapsed and missing in places, run up the length of inside of the building, spiraling upwards and giving access to the room that all sit along the periphery of that central empty space. You can see textures similar to those on the monoliths carved into the stone above each door. Along with the monoliths there is also a great abundance of some other object, seemingly made from the same material as the razor trees in the forest. It resembles a barbell stood on one end, with a larger weight on the bottom and a smaller one on top; sometimes these weights are separated on a rod, while other times it looks as though the smaller weight has fallen down the pole and landed atop the larger one. These objects are scattered about in seemingly strategic places, equally spaced and not at all random.

Again, rope light, lanterns and even hanging wires holding equally spaced lamps down the length of the central shaft illuminate everything. Seems like this place was well explored.

((The cure for medicine is more medicine!))

Try to patch up both Chin and his suit. Again.
[med:3+1]
You manage to stop his bleeding and seal the suit, though not very well, but you run out supplies doing so.

"We should set up in the inner courtyard. It will offer some protection from the elements, while at the same time we're not at risk in getting crushed. Inform us if you see anything resembling a camp, Milno. They might already have something set up for us"

Travis heads for the inner courtyard if he wasn't there already

"Drag the wounded into a safe corner. Faith, try to not kill them, k? Their injuries are your fault after all. I'm going to examine the innermost wall. Perhaps we can climb to the top of it and establish a sentry for the night"

Travis examines the innermost wall in more detail. He takes the camera and records anything of interest. He checks to see how wide the walls are, if they have a flat top, and if there's a walk way to the top. He also checks his inventory if he has a spare rope.
Your rope went down the pit, sorry.

The inner most wall is damaged like the outer one, though to a lesser degree, pitted and cracked and knocked down in some places but not as pulverized. The walls appear to be about 3 meters thick, with a a rather odd top; it's like someone carved out a rounded ditch in the top creating a horseshoe or halfpipe shape. You could probably walk in that ditch, but the only way up you see in the front here is a ramp thats been almost completely destroyed and would take a good deal of climbing to surmount.

Ignoring the others' bickering, Charro was staring with fascination at the tower as they neared it.
'Such a strange building... I wonder who or what could have made it? Are we all going to die in there? Perhaps I can find out.'
He quicked his pace, keeping an eye out for anything dangerous about but mostly just focused on the tower.

>Ascend to top of tower, trying to ascertain how it was built and what by.
>Keep an eye out for any valuable alien artefacts, too, of course.
You follow Thomas and Milno in and stop where they did at the bottom of the central shaft. There are plenty of artifacts around here, but none of them look easy to move, all of them being a few meters tall and made of stone or some sort of unknown metal. Getting to the top of the tower presents an equal problem as it looks like none of the ramps have a straight shot up. They all have breaks at one point or another.

[Intuition:5] You're not sure what built it, but it seems like it was made from the same sort of sandstone as is found all over the place. There aren't any seams or obvious cutlines, so it wasn't made out of blocks, unless they were fused together somehow. Maybe it was carved from a natural rock formation? Hard to tell, there aren't any clear tooling marks anywhere.

Sigh. Resist the urge to dope-slap Faith. Try to help sealing the suit, at least.
Faith actually managed to do it without your help. yay!

Same deal as I said in the other thread. Gonna be gone for a few days because of a lack of internet. Will be back as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 07:26:23 am by piecewise »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: August 04, 2012, 07:26:57 am »

Faith actually managed to do it without your help. yay!
((This sets the feel of this turn.  :P))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6178 on: August 04, 2012, 08:40:53 am »

Go into the tower and look around.

Didn't Conrad say that his brother thought the Lost Citadel looked like this tower, only complete? Something makes me think that either this tower used to be a heck of a lot taller, or there's something in the Lost Citadel, for his brother to have gone in, but never come out.

Examine one of the monoliths more closely.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 08:42:31 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6179 on: August 04, 2012, 02:43:19 pm »

Same deal as I said in the other thread. Gonna be gone for a few days because of a lack of internet. Will be back as soon as I can.
((That's okay.

Also enjoy your trip.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 1256