Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944434 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #6135 on: August 02, 2012, 08:23:00 pm »

((@IronyOwl That would be most kind of you, thanks. And don't worry, hopefully they'll manage to reattach the hand and the bits. All in all, in your place (armed with the fusion cutter, overshooting, etc.) I could have as well been forced to do the same :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6136 on: August 03, 2012, 02:15:06 am »

Hum to myself, waiting to be freed.
Dum de dum, hum de hum.

"I'll be taking this"

Travis snatches the camera from whoever has it. He takes his rope and ties the two lit glowsticks on it, spacing them out so that their light barely overlaps. He then lowers the rope down into one of the smaller pits away from the group. He lowers it until the light disappears, trying to maximize the distance he can see down and pulls it up a little. He takes the camera and films what's down there, possibly using a zoom function if he can find it.

He'll then pull up the rope, unties the glowsticks and head back to the group

You tie the glow sticks up as best you can and then walk over the nearest pit.
[dex:6]
You whip the improvised light rope down into the pit, smacking the walls on either side  with a series of loud, scuffing blows. A cacophony of chittering rises up from the pit. Oh dear.

See sweet dreams of the peaceful life I had before being sentenced for the HMRC.
((@Caellath The fun is, I'm currently giving that idea some serious thought. As well as thinking of other things to do with the hand. Upgrading it for autonomous operation (the Addams Family way), maybe?  ;)))
[will:5]
You dream of the quiet life before the HMRC. You took silence, privacy and freedom for granted in those days. Now you have nothing.

Milno watches as Travis takes the camera and enacts his plan.
"Are you sure? The creatures may scratch its surface and lens pretty badly depending on how your attempt goes."

The fingers of his gauntleted hand touch the dented surface of his prosthetic, inumerous cuts caused by the sharp, razorlike limbs of  the overgrown shades.
The instant your gauntlet touches your robotic arm you feel something twitch through your skull, an electric twinge that runs up your arm and spreads out through your brain. You yank your hand away and the feeling fades instantly.

((I'm going on the logic that Conrad has already dropped things down there, and he never mentioned them swarming. Even if they do, I'll have a few seconds to book it this time, instead of waiting for whatever decides to come up.

They also don't have eyesight, or at least a very limited form, so they probably won't even notice.))
((It is more a problem of taking unnecessary risks.))
((I'm thinking this falls under both unnecessary and not risky. The "dropping" part most likely comes from impacts along the wall, not things entering the tunnel at all. I doubt he's going to see anything except twenty feet of rock tunnel, but I also doubt he's going to cause another geyser.

And Nikitian (I keep getting you confused with PyroDesu, btw ???), of course I'll be saving your limbs/bits, as best I can. Sorry about the extra slice.))

"Er, right, sorry about that."

Unbind Chin so he's still got a cast over the parts he needs it on, but is able to move.

Wrap up Maurice's extra bits and put them in his bag.

Attempt to fix Simus' robo-leg.

[med:1+1]
You stare at Chin for a long moment before simply ignoring him and turning to Maurice.
[med:2+1+1]
You reconnect Simus' artificial tendons with a bit of metallo-muscle binder and patching. She should be fine as she doesn't overdo it while the binder hardens.

That done, you gather up Maurice's severed bits.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: August 03, 2012, 02:33:37 am »

((  ::) I should have known this could have gone wrong somehow. Oh well ~ Wait a second.

"You tie the glow sticks up as best you can and then walk over the nearest pit"

Oh. That's not what I said. Oh dear.))

Travis drops the rope and heads back to the group in a mild sprint

"Things are touchy. We might want to head to further down the path"

He nods to the hole he was at and helps drag the wounded up the path
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:37:42 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: August 03, 2012, 02:39:16 am »

Thomas gets to his feet, suprised by the sudden cacophony.
"Again? Really? Goddamn it, run!"
Evac with the others, help Chin. Examine their movements for patterns.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:39:57 am by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: August 03, 2012, 02:42:49 am »

Don't tell me, you've gotten another pit full of those things riled up, haven't you?

Thanks for the leg patch, let's just hope it holds through another swarm of those things, or my attempts to get away from such.

Get far away from the pit Travis just messed with, going as fast as possible without endangering the repairs.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: August 03, 2012, 02:48:29 am »

"Erm... I'm pretty sure we need those glowsticks." Charro frowned and looked back at where Travis left the rope, then to the others.
"Right? Or we did need them, at least..."

He shrugged, readied his hat and got ready to run if needs be.
'If only there was some way I could catch one...'

>Keep up with others, but be sure to stay on path with rope etc!

>Whilst walking/running: ponder theological symoblism involving this pocket dimension we find ourselves in.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: August 03, 2012, 02:53:09 am »

((Glow sticks once lit only last a few hours. Worthless once we leave the initial area. Wasn't worth taking the time to pull up the rope))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:44 am »

((Well, pulling up the rope might have changed the critters' minds. Or maybe giving them the offending noisemaker will do that, who knows.))

"Erm, I couldn't quite free Chin, so... he'll need to be carried. By people other than me, because I'm not nearly that strong.

And give me that camera, I want to make sure we catch this one."

Take camera, continue down path, pointing it behind me and roughly at the pit as I go and turning to film properly if there's any new developments.

If nobody carries Chin, try to free him again instead.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: August 03, 2012, 07:01:58 am »

((Gorat has a few glowsticks from when he asked Conrad still, I believe, if we really should need some.))

Be as helpful as a bound person can be to the person carrying or freeing me.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: August 03, 2012, 08:24:24 am »

((@Orb: And now you lost your rope. This may still come back and bite Travis in the butt.

Also, don't you think the nearest may be the one which matches your request? You did write "away from the group", but weren't too specific in a game were vagueness kills.))

"Congratulations, loner. Because of behavior like that we are having a chat when we get to the next resting point. Soon enough and you'll be as reliable a partner as Worst Medic, that if you haven't got to her level already."

Milno stares at the gauntlet for some time before clicking his tongue and moving on.

Move to the next area, carrying Maurice. If Faith is unable to, then drag Chin or push him to be carried by someone else.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:29:26 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6145 on: August 03, 2012, 11:36:58 am »

((  ::) I should have known this could have gone wrong somehow. Oh well ~ Wait a second.

"You tie the glow sticks up as best you can and then walk over the nearest pit"

Oh. That's not what I said. Oh dear.))

Travis drops the rope and heads back to the group in a mild sprint

"Things are touchy. We might want to head to further down the path"

He nods to the hole he was at and helps drag the wounded up the path
(the pit you dropped it down is only manhole sized and is reasonably far from the group. I should have said "the nearest pit that suits your needs.")

You drop the rope and it bounces down the hole, falling into darkness an instant after you dropped it. Strangely, the loud chittering that had been coming up the pit suddenly begins to grow silent as the rope and lights bounce audibly downward. Huh. You run back to the group and then look at the pit again. Still nothing.

You shrug and gather Maurice's arms up under your own, ready to drag him along with the group.

Thomas gets to his feet, suprised by the sudden cacophony.
"Again? Really? Goddamn it, run!"
Evac with the others, help Chin. Examine their movements for patterns.
You grab the cocoon that is Chin and rest him on your shoulder, ready to move out.

Don't tell me, you've gotten another pit full of those things riled up, haven't you?

Thanks for the leg patch, let's just hope it holds through another swarm of those things, or my attempts to get away from such.

Get far away from the pit Travis just messed with, going as fast as possible without endangering the repairs.
You get up, ready to run, but find yourself strangely unmurdered. Kind of a let down, actually.

"Erm... I'm pretty sure we need those glowsticks." Charro frowned and looked back at where Travis left the rope, then to the others.
"Right? Or we did need them, at least..."

He shrugged, readied his hat and got ready to run if needs be.
'If only there was some way I could catch one...'

>Keep up with others, but be sure to stay on path with rope etc!

>Whilst walking/running: ponder theological symoblism involving this pocket dimension we find ourselves in.
You make ready to move with the others while pondering exactly what sort of significance a place like this would have within a monotheistic theological system.
[int:6]
You're pretty sure this all symbolizes the inherent emptiness and darkness at the heart of mankind, a manifestation of the limited extent of our own altruism and goodness within an endless expanse of base and carnal desires.

Or maybe it's just a big dark hole full of things that hate you and it has all the symbolic significance of a half brick to the head.

((Well, pulling up the rope might have changed the critters' minds. Or maybe giving them the offending noisemaker will do that, who knows.))

"Erm, I couldn't quite free Chin, so... he'll need to be carried. By people other than me, because I'm not nearly that strong.

And give me that camera, I want to make sure we catch this one."

Take camera, continue down path, pointing it behind me and roughly at the pit as I go and turning to film properly if there's any new developments.

If nobody carries Chin, try to free him again instead.

You happily film the great amount of nothing thats happening in the pit and join in with the group of people confusedly leaving the area.

((Gorat has a few glowsticks from when he asked Conrad still, I believe, if we really should need some.))

Be as helpful as a bound person can be to the person carrying or freeing me.
You try not to squirm unduly.

((@Orb: And now you lost your rope. This may still come back and bite Travis in the butt.

Also, don't you think the nearest may be the one which matches your request? You did write "away from the group", but weren't too specific in a game were vagueness kills.))

"Congratulations, loner. Because of behavior like that we are having a chat when we get to the next resting point. Soon enough and you'll be as reliable a partner as Worst Medic, that if you haven't got to her level already."

Milno stares at the gauntlet for some time before clicking his tongue and moving on.

Move to the next area, carrying Maurice. If Faith is unable to, then drag Chin or push him to be carried by someone else.
You help carry Maurice as the group continues on.

Everyone got all geared up for a nice run for their lives-which is fast becoming the main method of progress around here-and now you find themselves with nothing to run from. After a few confused and awkward shrugs the group decides to just keep walking and act like this never happened.

You continue through the pitted lands and the path grows thinner, to the point that none of the pits are visible, save for the few that the path detours around. You can't help but feel like you're getting close to the tower.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: August 03, 2012, 11:44:23 am »

Nearly there, let's just get there and be done with this area until our return trip, unless anyone else want to do some science.

Check on the repair status, then get to the Tower, being careful not to aggravate the repair if it isn't fully hardened.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: August 03, 2012, 11:46:57 am »

Keep walking.

Pay attention to anything strange.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 03:35:42 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: August 03, 2012, 11:52:15 am »

Assuming that I've been freed in the meantime, keep walking.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: August 03, 2012, 01:38:02 pm »

Travis observes why the path was getting thinner. Were there less lights? Were the lights dimmer? Was light becoming more finite as we got closer to the citadel?

Afterwards, he continues to follow along.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1256