Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944570 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #6120 on: August 02, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »

"I'll be taking this"

Travis snatches the camera from whoever has it. He takes his rope and ties the two lit glowsticks on it, spacing them out so that their light barely overlaps. He then lowers the rope down into one of the smaller pits away from the group. He lowers it until the light disappears, trying to maximize the distance he can see down and pulls it up a little. He takes the camera and films what's down there, possibly using a zoom function if he can find it.

He'll then pull up the rope, unties the glowsticks and head back to the group
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 03:14:46 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: August 02, 2012, 03:40:44 pm »

See sweet dreams of the peaceful life I had before being sentenced for the HMRC.
((@Caellath The fun is, I'm currently giving that idea some serious thought. As well as thinking of other things to do with the hand. Upgrading it for autonomous operation (the Addams Family way), maybe?  ;)))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: August 02, 2012, 03:58:59 pm »

Hand over the camera and await repairs.

I see you got the Doc out fairly intact, though his doctoring might be a bit impaired what with the missing hand.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 04:37:52 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6123 on: August 02, 2012, 04:06:45 pm »

Milno watches as Travis takes the camera and enacts his plan.
"Are you sure? The creatures may scratch its surface and lens pretty badly depending on how your attempt goes."

The fingers of his gauntleted hand touch the dented surface of his prosthetic, inumerous cuts caused by the sharp, razorlike limbs of  the overgrown shades.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: August 02, 2012, 04:52:59 pm »

Simus looks over at Travis.

Hate to say it, but Milno has a point. They won't actively attack the camera, unless you bump it into the wall, but they might screw up the lens just by being there.

That is, if they are still there.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: August 02, 2012, 04:56:22 pm »

((I'm confused. I'm not lowering the camera down. Unless they come rushing out and claw me to death, the camera shouldn't be in danger))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: August 02, 2012, 04:58:43 pm »

((Unless they come rushing out and claw me to death))
((Yep.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: August 02, 2012, 05:00:16 pm »

((I'm going on the logic that Conrad has already dropped things down there, and he never mentioned them swarming. Even if they do, I'll have a few seconds to book it this time, instead of waiting for whatever decides to come up.

They also don't have eyesight, or at least a very limited form, so they probably won't even notice.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: August 02, 2012, 05:02:25 pm »

((I'm going on the logic that Conrad has already dropped things down there, and he never mentioned them swarming. Even if they do, I'll have a few seconds to book it this time, instead of waiting for whatever decides to come up.

They also don't have eyesight, or at least a very limited form, so they probably won't even notice.))
((It is more a problem of taking unnecessary risks.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6129 on: August 02, 2012, 05:07:16 pm »

((Derp, nevermind.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: August 02, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »

((It is more a problem of taking unnecessary risks.))
((I'm thinking this falls under both unnecessary and not risky. The "dropping" part most likely comes from impacts along the wall, not things entering the tunnel at all. I doubt he's going to see anything except twenty feet of rock tunnel, but I also doubt he's going to cause another geyser.

And Nikitian (I keep getting you confused with PyroDesu, btw ???), of course I'll be saving your limbs/bits, as best I can. Sorry about the extra slice.))

"Er, right, sorry about that."

Unbind Chin so he's still got a cast over the parts he needs it on, but is able to move.

Wrap up Maurice's extra bits and put them in his bag.

Attempt to fix Simus' robo-leg.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: August 02, 2012, 06:52:06 pm »

((@IronyOwl: Yeah, he'll probably only see rock. I think it is just too deep to see anything aside from that. Maybe some side tunnels with luck. If all the creatures left, of course.))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: August 02, 2012, 07:01:05 pm »

((Though now that I think about it, we were wondering about a core sample anyway, so i guess this does have some extra merit.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: August 02, 2012, 07:06:44 pm »

((Though now that I think about it, we were wondering about a core sample anyway, so i guess this does have some extra merit.))
((Core sample? And who was wondering?))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: August 02, 2012, 07:10:24 pm »

((Well, several of us were wondering how deep the sandstone went, if there was any variation, etc. It's also been pointed out that in theory we'll get this when we go down the cliff, but we really don't know if the geologies are any different.))
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 1256