Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945853 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5925 on: July 28, 2012, 08:56:35 am »

Take soil sample.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: July 28, 2012, 01:16:59 pm »

Travis films the pit Gorat lights up

"Alright, we've taken our samples, let's move out"

Travis follows Milno some more
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5927 on: July 28, 2012, 04:34:37 pm »

Take an air sample and label it; take a back-up sample for Simus's soil collecting.
Follow Milno.

((@PyroDesu Not taking the double amount this time because you've already posted your action for taking samples, even though it haven't been processed yet. ))
You swing a jar around for a few seconds before capping it. You label it and continue on, following Milno.

Collect some soil, move ahead and towards the next area, turn on the EMM if required.
You grab a jarful of dirt and keep walking.

Follow, listen for wildlife.
You follow along, listening. You can hear some sort of distant sound, like nails clicking on stone.

Gorat sighs. "We'll keep to light-path activity until we reach the Citadel. That is, film and take what we can get, take some mall chances that present themselves, but no expeditions, throwing things, or whatever more than an arms reach outside the light path, whether up, down, or sideways. The Wyrm and the things in the pits make these too dangerous now. The Citadel may not be our main objective, but this is in all likelihood our only shot at reaching it. So we take our samples, and move towards the Tower. And inform me when those two stop bickering."

Filter away Faith and Milno from my coms until someone says that they stopped bickering.
Take a soil sample from the rim of the smallest pit, label it accordingly.
Request Travis he films down that pit with me lighting it out with the lamp if that improves the lighting situation.
If there doesn't seem to be anything else worth being sampled, move on towards the tower, calling "Follow" to the others.

Travis films the pit Gorat lights up

"Alright, we've taken our samples, let's move out"

Travis follows Milno some more

Gorat takes a sample of the sand near one of the pits. It seems like sand is continuously falling into the pits, flowing like water. Then both he and Travis move near the edge, Gorat lighting the pit while Travis films  the depths. Despite their best efforts, they see nothing because their lights cannot reach deep enough.

Charro had mostly forgotten the unpleasant disagreements of before as he shoved himself along on the ground like some kind of gardening implement. He looked a bit like a large, space-suit wearing plow, only maybe stupider.
'Hey, pocket dimensions aren't so bad, after all. This is kind of fun! If only I had something to plant, I could grow things to bake a cake out of. That would make up for, er, teasing Conrad about his arm. That was mean of me."

He eventually got to his feet and dusted himself off, clearing his throat, straightening his hat and peering at the nearest one of those pits.
"So... What're we doing? Taking a look at these, first, or what?"

>Pause to do a few sand-angels, then get up and follow. Take a peek down one of those pits without getting too close, activating lamps/light amps as necessary.

((I suppose it is kinda hard to be serious when your primary weapon is a hat... So I guess I'll roll with it. :P))
You flop down in the sand and wiggle around till you get a roughly humanoid shape in the sand. That done, you decide to go look into one of the pits. Even with your suit lamps and the lights from around the pit you can't see anything.

((I love Faith and her trendsetting abilities.

Come to think of it, has Pyro distributed Feyri's weaponry and shield around? The weight is taking a toll on his character.

Also, Mason.))

((I gave away the laser rifle, the battery for it, and your pill. PW hasn't mentioned me being weighed down anymore, so I think I'm in the green.))

Take air and soil samples.
More sand and air go in neatly labeled jars as you continue on.

To Stasis.
(No one will ever know....)
[end:2]
You stumble outside and into the street, collapsing into the mud half way to the ship. You drag yourself the rest of the way, crawling on hands an knees until you get to the ship. You strip off your suit and fall into the pod, setting the automatic run sequence with shaky hands  before passing out.

Take soil sample.
You get more sand. Yay sand.

The group continues on through the pitted lands for an hour, slogging slowly through the sand, making sure never to get too close to the edge. Those who listen can hear something different from the constant hiss of sand flowing into pits, a clicking sound like knives on glass. There is no sign of the pitted lands ending anytime soon.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 04:41:28 pm by piecewise »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: July 28, 2012, 04:38:37 pm »

(I MADE IT, Take that people who thought i would die!)
Have dreams of revenge.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: July 28, 2012, 04:49:29 pm »

Drag Grab camera from Travis over to film something, muttering "gimme that." Activate kinetic amp, punch ground to create tremor near one of the foot-wide pits (and not any of the larger specimens).

Stand back, observe.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:03:31 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: July 28, 2012, 04:56:11 pm »

Keep walking towards the next area, keep alert for any strange sounds. Follow Travis in his explorations before going back to the path. Activate EMM if needed.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:21:51 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: July 28, 2012, 04:57:29 pm »

Stop and listen. Wasn't there some sound that didn't belong? Try to determine its origin.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5932 on: July 28, 2012, 04:58:34 pm »

"Endless pits and endless sand. A part of me feels the sand is coming up from somewhere else in the pitted lands, otherwise we would have noticed the sand moving from the forest. There has to be a flow somewhere"

Travis tries to get a sense of where the source of the sand is. He starts at the edge of a pit, and follows the flow of sand as far back as he can, being careful not to fall into the pits or exit the light bubble. If he does this with multiple pits, he should find some central source or direction. He hands Faith the camera and follows Milno.

((Edited))
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:12:08 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: July 28, 2012, 05:11:20 pm »

>Also halt and listen, remaining still and silent.
>Keep hand near hat incase I need a quick-draw.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: July 28, 2012, 06:29:24 pm »

Air, soil samples. Keep saber at ready, keep listening.
"I uh, heard something out there. It has claws of some sort. Be careful."
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:30:59 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: July 28, 2012, 09:38:40 pm »

That sound is... unnerving. And Travis is right, somewhere here, there should be a source, otherwise there wouldn't be any more sand to fall in after all this time the anomaly has remained open.

Keep with the group, though stand a fair ways away from Faith.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5936 on: July 29, 2012, 01:23:22 am »

(I MADE IT, Take that people who thought i would die!)
Have dreams of revenge.
[will:1]
You have dreams of being punched repeatedly in the scrotum. It's like high school all over again; god, those teachers were mean.

Drag Grab camera from Travis over to film something, muttering "gimme that." Activate kinetic amp, punch ground to create tremor near one of the foot-wide pits (and not any of the larger specimens).

Stand back, observe.

[uncon:6]
You set the camera a good dozen feet from where you're going to be punching and then set yourself a good dozen feet from the pit, just in case. You square yourself, draw your arm back and strike the ground with all the force in your arm combined with your body weight. The result is a blast that digs a 4 foot deep crater, sprays absolutely everyone with sand and hurls you ass over teakettle for a half dozen feet.
[end:6]
You land on your feet, salute the non-existent judges, and take a bow. Your teammates seem quite impressed. Or annoyed. Hard to tell with the faceplates and all.

The sound within the pit, a soft tick tick ticking before the punch, has become a frenzied, chitterling hiss and a heavy chink chink chink, like a chisel biting into granite. And it's getting louder.

Keep walking towards the next area, keep alert for any strange sounds. Follow Travis in his explorations before going back to the path. Activate EMM if needed.
The horrible hissing and clicking sound thats rapidly growing closer as it surges up one of the pits certainly qualifies as a "strange sound." It also qualifies as a "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO?!" sound.

Stop and listen. Wasn't there some sound that didn't belong? Try to determine its origin.
Lets see here. The horrible cacophony of something sharp clicking against something hard and the unearthly screaming all point to the pits. So probably the pits.

"Endless pits and endless sand. A part of me feels the sand is coming up from somewhere else in the pitted lands, otherwise we would have noticed the sand moving from the forest. There has to be a flow somewhere"

Travis tries to get a sense of where the source of the sand is. He starts at the edge of a pit, and follows the flow of sand as far back as he can, being careful not to fall into the pits or exit the light bubble. If he does this with multiple pits, he should find some central source or direction. He hands Faith the camera and follows Milno.

((Edited))
[intuition:5]
You follow the flows of sand around for a bit but can't find the source of the sand. You stop looking stand around for a moment, thinking, before an idea comes to mind. You hold your hand up for a few seconds and observe it. A few very fine grains of sand collect in your palm, like raindrops. You can't see them fall-maybe something to do with the light- but you can see them after they've collected on your hand.

>Also halt and listen, remaining still and silent.
>Keep hand near hat incase I need a quick-draw.
You also hear the unholy din that Faith has managed to summon.

Air, soil samples. Keep saber at ready, keep listening.
"I uh, heard something out there. It has claws of some sort. Be careful."
You take samples of the air and soil as you listen for anything unusual. The legions of hell that faith apparently summoned from one of those pits certainly qualifies as unusual in your mind.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: July 29, 2012, 01:29:44 am »

Grab the research camera and get far, far away from that crater Faith just punched into the ground, while sticking with the team. Make sure to keep the camera pointed at it, just in case. Get out the modded Gauss Rifle.

((Assuming here that the research camera can attach to the suit shoulder or something, and that the combat shield attaches to the suit's forearm.))

Sounds like whatever that sound is does not like seismic disturbances. Also sounds like it can dig, probably what created the pits in the first place. I have a sneaking suspicion that it might come up through the new crater.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:58:21 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: July 29, 2012, 01:32:15 am »

"Fuck. May, get behind me!"
Thomas draws his laser rifle, then sets high power and low dissipation. Try to drop the biggest ones with an aimed shot, but hit the groups of mooks with a slash (The thing where you swing the rifle, using the beam as a blade). Stay next to May, follow the group if we run.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:32:21 am by Spinal_Taper »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5939 on: July 29, 2012, 01:36:06 am »

"There, she did it. Team, move away from this one pit but prepare for a tactical retreat, meaning we should prepare to follow the path until we either leave this place or find a place we won't be surrounded by these holes. We don't know what it's coming, but we can assume it isn't nice.

Anyways, prepare for a fight and fire as soon as they appear."

As Milno said it, he unlocked both gauss rifles from his back and held them firmly, preparing for what could come next.

Activate the EMM if needed and stay prepared to engage the creatures at "short range", where the gauss rifles are better. Alternate between rifles if there are many, with the biggest critters taking a dual-wielding shot (yeah, with penalty and all). Take a good firing position to make sure there won't be any friendly fire. That because I'm supposing a con roll of [1+1+1-1] while dual-wielding won't result in friendly fire if I'm correctly positioned.

Start retreating if things get bad or a teammate decides to do something stupid.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:41:22 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1256