Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946114 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5895 on: July 27, 2012, 08:16:32 pm »

((Makes me glad that I can't hear Milno.))

If ya'll are going to argue about what our mission is, let me make it clear:

To quote the AI during the briefing: You lot are going in to explore it, take samples and record anything you find.

Nowhere in there does it say the Citadel is our primary focus.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5896 on: July 27, 2012, 08:27:49 pm »

"You know, I think that's a bit uncalled for. We are here to gather data, after all, and I really don't see how shooting down any alternative ideas to your own is helping. Besides, Faith's track record isn't that bad- I mean, one foot, come now,"
"One guy from our team in the last mission was in pain, with his arms screwed. Her solution was trying to yank one of them out with all the strength she could muster. Her nickname, 'Worst Medic', should have enlightened you enough about her nature."

"I never said she couldn't stay and do her stuff. I'd actually prefer her to stay back and happily engage in mutilating any poor soul that stays with her. Hell, she can take care of herself since she has a berserk mode that turns her into a mindless, cold-blooded killer."

"When you are in a mission you set objectives and you get them done. The area with the largest amount of information is, by common sense, the Citadel, so it should be our primary objective."

He smiled mischievously towards Charro, as if fishing out any ulterior reasons he had for supporting Faith.

"But if you want to get in her pants, you are probably on your way there though, keep up the good work~"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5897 on: July 27, 2012, 08:39:56 pm »

Charro stared at Milno with a look of disapproval, mixed with mild confusion.
"I don't think I will dignify that with a response. Besides, I already have pants, why would I need someone elses?
But anyway, this 'Lost Citadel', as it's called on the map, is probably far more likely to get everyone killed. For one thing it's further away from the shuttle, and by extension the stasis pods should someone get injured. Also it looks scary. It even has a question mark."

He paused for a moment, looking thoughtful, before continuing on. "And besides, what makes you so certain that the citadel is so filled with important stuff? I'm certain biological samples of whatever nasty things live in these pits would be incredibly valuable."
Running out of points to mention, Charro looked over to the rest of the group thoughtfully. "But erm, yes. It mightn't be a good idea to split up, at least not into small groups. What do the rest of you think? Risk going deeper into this place, taking a look at this citadel, or trying our luck here, with some chance of escape if things go badly?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5898 on: July 27, 2012, 08:43:09 pm »

((By the way, translating what I just wrote in case I lost anything in my unskilled prose, Milno is pointing out that if we stir something dangerous within the pits, we'd probably have to face them twice, first escaping from them towards the Citadel and then on the way back. If we got unlucky, we'd have to haul injured all the way back to the shuttle and then face the angered denizens of the depths on our way to the Citadel again and then once more on our way back, making it three times.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5899 on: July 27, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »

((I doubt we'd even have time to make it all the way from the citadel to the shuttle with injured/dead, not within the 6 hour brain-freshness time limit. :-\ That's the main problem I can see, here. Milno's argument that Faith is a terrible medic kinda works against him there- she is, and we're more than likely to end up with at least a couple of dead folks needing to get into stasis in a hurry. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5900 on: July 27, 2012, 08:47:24 pm »

((By the way, translating what I just wrote in case I lost anything in my unskilled prose, Milno is pointing out that if we stir something dangerous within the pits, we'd probably have to face them twice, first escaping from them towards the Citadel and then on the way back. If we got unlucky, we'd have to haul injured all the way back to the shuttle and then face the angered denizens of the depths on our way to the Citadel again and then once more on our way back, making it three times.))
((Unless we kill whatever comes out.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5901 on: July 27, 2012, 08:54:07 pm »

((Unless we kill whatever comes out.))
((And then even if we are able to kill them, they may keep emerging from all pits. I still think that leaving exploratory suicide for later is better...But wait, if Milno does agree and people are killed and/or injured, then he can blame everyone who supported the idea, while if he keeps refusing, they'll keep complaining about how they could have done it flawlessly...It is pretty much a good situation if he does accept.

Hmmm. I'm considering it.))
>Yes?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5902 on: July 27, 2012, 09:02:25 pm »

May thinks about being helpful. Then decides against it.
"Hey guys, is Empyrean Asian or Mediterranian?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5903 on: July 27, 2012, 09:43:34 pm »

"Oh, poking these creatures now and possibly stirring them up only to be attacked now and then when we return does not seem to be part of the science mission at all. I never said we shouldn't check on them, but if you are so desperate to twist my words in order to calm your twisted gold-sniffing mind, it is fine with me."

"It is obviously part of your genius plan to get other people killed and wounded and having us constantly sending people to the ship to leave their bodies there. After all, that wouldn't delay us at all! It would all be part of science, because if your whiny and childish demands can't be appeased now, they can't wait until we are on our way back."
"Knowing that they'd remember us well enough to attack is exactly the kind of invaluable information we need. Please stop talking about science things.

And yes, injuries are a concern. They're going to be a concern throughout this entire mission, however, and in particular when we arrive at the graveyard. Finding out more now is essential, because we're not going to get another chance before we hit the graveyard both ways."

"One guy from our team in the last mission was in pain, with his arms screwed. Her solution was trying to yank one of them out with all the strength she could muster. Her nickname, 'Worst Medic', should have enlightened you enough about her nature."
"Uh huh. Notice you forgot to mention that he was alive in the first place only because I saved his life earlier, and that you weren't doing anything at all at the time, much less anything to help him.

As to relevant things, you don't know enough about the citadel to say what kind of data it holds. This is not a standard grunt mission, grunt, so leave what your orders are to those that understand them."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5904 on: July 27, 2012, 10:12:10 pm »

"Of course, you keep repeating the same thing and try to make reason out of a childish demand. After all, your extense medical and scientifical abilities surely know how to prove to me how you are right."

"...Oh wait, you don't have any explanation for that. And I should stop talking about 'science things'? Way to go with your complex vocabulary and oh-so-extensive intelect. I'm actually anticipating your next piece of wisdom."

"And as I already said, you can whine, scream and cry how much you want while trying to convince me your nose is pointing you towards the gold, because the team ends up with the choice anyway. If they want to stay with you, they can do it. I sincerely don't care whether you live or die. I saved your useless ass once already, that is enough for my quota."

He snarks a little bit more in a malicious tone and shrugs at the end, slumping his shoulders afterwards as if relaxed.

"Ahhh, I missed this."
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5905 on: July 27, 2012, 11:13:31 pm »

"In that case, lack of cooperation noted. Why are you still here instead of jogging towards the citadel?

And yes, I know you missed being an ass at work. It's a common problem."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5906 on: July 27, 2012, 11:43:34 pm »

((If Charro wants to get in Faith's pants, he should ask May))

"Hey guys, cool it.

Now, I want to get to the citadel as fast as possible. Why? Because Conrad's brother is there. We were never told how long, but every minute that goes by he will be more than likely be dead or an enemy. It's the least we can do for Conrad.

Also, we can only return data if we are alive. I honestly don't feel comfortable baiting some thing's habitat. We don't know if any of our weapons can do damage. It could wipe out our entire team before we reach the citadel.

I suggest we move on, and on the return leave a small team to research the pits. If something comes out, we could even test firearms on it. It would be invaluable research data. However, if we do it before, we would be in no condition to go to the citadel if it goes wrong.

Conrad's brother felt there was something important there. He's been here for years, we've only been here for a day. I think we can trust in his experience to say the Citadel is our primary objective. If you disagree with me, fine, but I'm going to go with Milno"

Travis follows Milno.

((IC'ly, Travis only looted Mason because he was afraid he would lash out, like a cornered animal. He actually thinks he's better than Mason, and can put the manipulator to better use (not using it)))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:52:37 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5907 on: July 27, 2012, 11:58:48 pm »

((Hey, nobody asked the guide if anything in the anomaly can get out, right?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5908 on: July 28, 2012, 12:05:31 am »

((Conrad has more experience in this dimension than anyone else, and if he advised us not to mess with those pits, there must be a good reason. Of course we'll end up doing it sooner or later, but you get the idea.))
>Yes?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5909 on: July 28, 2012, 12:09:23 am »

((Of course we'll end up doing it sooner or later, but you get the idea.))

((Haha, that was what I was thinking all the time.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 392 393 [394] 395 396 ... 1256