Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946102 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5880 on: July 27, 2012, 05:53:43 pm »

Mason grabs the notes and takes them too his bit in the shuttle, he then steals food for a samwich, makes one and eats while he heads back to stasis.

(Conrads gonna be very confused.)
((I'll say. He's going to find a dead man clutching his dairy slumped over the counter next to a half-made sandwich. ???))

((I didn't even know he had a cow-- that just makes it even more confusing!))
((Space cows.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: July 27, 2012, 06:13:51 pm »

Follow the group to the pitted lands. Look out for the Wyrm.
Which reminds me: are we going to try lowering down  into the pits something - probably a sample container - tied to a rope, or will we skip this piece of experimentation?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: July 27, 2012, 06:19:59 pm »

((Yes, clearly space cows. Shut up. :x))

"Well... I'm hesitant to ignore his warnings, but it would be very valuable data..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: July 27, 2012, 06:25:31 pm »

((No, he milks the Wyrm.))

I'm all for it, but let's not forget that he did mention things down there. Apparently he doesn't know what they are, or he would've call them something, but... things...

Besides, who knows? We might run out of rope before we even get near the bottom of one, or the thing layer, or anything interesting, really. After all, he did allude to the possibility that they don't end.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: July 27, 2012, 06:43:49 pm »

And then Faith was a space cow.

Milno smiled as he turned his head to Faith.
"You can only examine the pits if you accept diving inside them, but let me hold the rope tied to you, though."

"To make it simpler, if you want to consider endangering the mission, wait until we are coming back from the Citadel. Then we can leave behind anyone interested in jumping inside the holes."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 06:57:49 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5885 on: July 27, 2012, 06:47:48 pm »

And then Faith was a space cow.
((Faith Valentine waited. The Milno above her flew and snarked out of the air.))
"I'm with Milno. No need to lose one of our medics, too soon. Although, if you take Milnos word for it, the term medic can only be applied loosely."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5886 on: July 27, 2012, 07:09:44 pm »

Actually, I didn't suggest using human subjects - that would be horrible if there was something below waiting for them.
All I suggest is that we tie an open container to one end of a rope, then lower it down there a bit, try scooping something with it (perhaps even just thin air) and raise the container again. If it comes to worst, we will lose the container and maybe the rope it is tied to, but chances are we could obtain some interesting samples or just wouldn't achieve anything not wasting too much time and effort (What would it take? Half an hour? Fifteen minutes? Five minutes?) nonetheless.
And, to tell the truth, I fear that we may be out of shape to do anything like that on our way back from citadel, being exhausted and carrying the injured. Well, the most able of us then could go for a second venture after delivering their less lucky colleagues, but I doubt many would consider the possibility seriously, being too busy to get back to the relative safety of Paracelsus's Sword (and I wouldn't blame them - for the main mission objective would've been secured by then).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:11:53 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: July 27, 2012, 07:14:33 pm »

Milno tapped the side of his helmet as asking if Maurice still had anything to work with inside his skull.
"I know what you meant, but lowering some especially chosen people into the pits seems to be an excellent idea."

"And I already mentioned it, but yes, we'll probably lose some people in the Citadel. My point is that the Citadel is the main objetive, and we must prioritize it. If we wake up whatever lives down these holes, we may be facing another setback to the mission's objective."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: July 27, 2012, 07:26:16 pm »

A troubled look replaced the usual smile on Maurice's face, then being in turn replaced by an expression of dead seriousness.
You are right, I... didn't think of the possibility something could dwell there. Thought of the pits as simply local physical phenomena.
I ask forgiveness for my incompetence and withdraw my suggestion due to the hazards it might present to our main goal.
Past Sigs

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: July 27, 2012, 07:43:58 pm »

"Who said the citadel is our main objective? This is a science mission, meaning you should leave the details up to those who know what that is," Faith snapped back at Milno.

"Plus, harassing whatever's in there now might give us the opportunity to test its learning abilities on our way back. Unless we plan to learn more about the denizens of this place through less hostile encounters first- which will be difficult given that the graveyard is between here and the objective- I say we figure out what we can here."

Faith looked mainly at Simus and Maurice as she said this.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: July 27, 2012, 08:03:09 pm »

((To anyone who may have forgotten, Conrad did mention there are creatures in the pits and they do not seem to be nice from what he said.))

Milno's grin grew to full width as he heard Faith snapping at him.
"Ohhh, I'm so sorry, why haven't we been listening to the supposed medic who cut off half the foot of our cameraman and tried to yank off the arm of one of her teammates the last mission she was in? Oh yes, I just remembered, because she is incompetent."

"You are just conceited."

His voice dripped with malice and sounded as caustic as ever as he quipped back at his target.

"How about you and anyone who accepts staying with you tries poking whatever is down there - and the old grumpy man did say these aren't friendly - while the rest of the group heads off to the Citadel? I'd happily accept leaving you behind before you start destroying more of our teammates' limbs."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:08:25 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: July 27, 2012, 08:07:13 pm »

"Yeah, cut it off in furtherance of the mission. What were you doing at the time? Nothing.

The objective isn't to arrive at the citadel, it's to gather information on this place. You wanna play tag with the citadel and then go tell Steve you accomplished the mission, that's fine. The rest of us are going to do our jobs."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: July 27, 2012, 08:08:40 pm »

((Milno and Faith should go all Tsundere.))
Thomas begins muttering under his breath
"Yeah guys, let's insult each other and argue. That works!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: July 27, 2012, 08:14:26 pm »

"Oh, poking these creatures now and possibly stirring them up only to be attacked now and then when we return does not seem to be part of the science mission at all. I never said we shouldn't check on them, but if you are so desperate to twist my words in order to calm your twisted gold-sniffing mind, it is fine with me."

"It is obviously part of your genius plan to get other people killed and wounded and having us constantly sending people to the ship to leave their bodies there. After all, that wouldn't delay us at all! It would all be part of science, because if your whiny and childish demands can't be appeased now, they can't wait until we are on our way back."

Milno still giggled a bit, his mood significantly better, before addressing the team.

"We are not doing anything to the pits on our way to the Citadel, if anyone wants to stay there then keep Worst Medic company."
>Yes?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: July 27, 2012, 08:16:23 pm »

Charro frowned a bit at Milno's unkind words. "You know, I think that's a bit uncalled for. We are here to gather data, after all, and I really don't see how shooting down any alternative ideas to your own is helping. Besides, Faith's track record isn't that bad- I mean, one foot, come now," He turned to their one-footed team-mate and offered him a comforting pat on the shoulder, "You're in pretty good shape, all things considered!"

He then gestured back towards the trees. "And besides, cutting down that tree was all about research and stuff. That's our mission here, right? Also she liked my hat."
Charro had gotten a little off-topic, and shrugged. "Basically, what I'm saying is that I see no reason to be so hostile to each other. If the majority of us feel the need to split the teams, fine; but let's not get upset about it."

>Defuse the situation with my helpful application of logic. Then wait for someone else to make the important decisions.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 1256