Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3946648 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5685 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:24 pm »

((yeah, I guess Sanctor's been chatting to me over the public channels with my name, so nevermind. I'll say that ya'll have been using names enough for me to have picked them up, too.

As well, I still can't hear Milno.))

Go ahead and take the camera, Travis. I have enough to worry about, five prototypes and that equipment I got off the now headless Feyri.

And if that's what you want, then yeah, a cutting laser is better for the job.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: July 23, 2012, 06:11:05 pm »

(( Oh. I am totally going to be killed by Jim. Totally. ))
Was it imagination... or did the blood pour from the neck stump, too freely for a fried body?
Check the headless body once more. Is it really that crispy?
Treat Thomas's arm.

... Damnation.
I am afraid you are wrong here, Simulacrus. This brain won't surivive it for long. I've bought us some time, but I believe we need to get her head and Mason back on board as soon as possible.

Also, that's not the point, Milno. You may as well be young, or very old, for all I know, but you are already toughened by the missions you've survived, and you are wearing this suit that grants you Herculean strength and endurance.

(( And no, Maurice is just being a gentleman. And a practical man as well: according to the sheets, Simus has endurance of 2. That is a bit low for this kind of task, don't you think so? ))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:43:21 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: July 23, 2012, 06:13:47 pm »

"We definitely need to send some people back with them," Faith said, motioning to Mason and... well, Maurice holding Feyri's head now. "This mission will take longer than they can be revived for.

So, who's officially going? I'm not really suited to carrying things and would better serve helping to figure this place out. Maybe Maurice and Simus, or maybe May? Ideally they should be able to have the wounded picked up and then just hurry back here without an issue. It also needs to be someone reliable, though..."

She also moved back over to Chin.

"And I'm really sorry about that, here."

Hand Chin a crutch.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: July 23, 2012, 06:15:41 pm »

((I don't think END will have anything to do with picking up and moving a body, it's more for pain and wound rolls.

Although, note to self: Some of the points from this mission need to go into it.))

The cold environment and lack of oxygen in the atmosphere will have bought it a good amount of time, and, unless you get the AI to evac them immediately after we get them to the shuttle, then there's nothing you can do about how long it will live.

And I am going. I can carry a body well enough.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:17:52 pm by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: July 23, 2012, 06:20:11 pm »

If you insist...
Also, as I said, I volunteer for the job.

And yes, I am hoping for the evac shuttle to arrive for them immediately. Mr. Conrad, do you think it is possible to arrange that?

(( I think END might have something to do with catching up the rest of the team, though.

@Tiruin I should say I am very, very sorry it ended that way. I really hoped we could save Feyri. ...And I will take the responsibility, if needed.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:22:36 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: July 23, 2012, 06:22:35 pm »

"Unfortunately, I don't think we have cutting laser fielded right now. The best we got is Faith's cutting torch.

Also, I don't particularly care if I have the camera or not. Would make documenting things easier. Though I'm not the best with technology, as indicted by the issue I had with my head lamps (No -1 or +1 for reference, just a normal roll). If the guy over there thinks he can use the camera better, he can have it"

Reminded about his lamps, Travis turns their intensity down to 150%

"Hey Conrad? Would it be possible you could help us hunt down a stiltwalker and get it on film before you leave?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: July 23, 2012, 06:25:52 pm »

(@Nik: Well, I do have a sword I'm going to need to test the effectiveness of... :P Nah, I won't kill you, or even threaten you. I do agree with Caellath in that I don't see how you got from "help Faith revive Feyri" to "Her heart had stopped. Now Maurice cut off her head instead of getting her heart to work again. Great." but that was the result of a roll. *shrug* More seriously it doesn't matter to me, you guys are weird. O.o Sucks for Tiruin, though...
@Caellath: There's always VR. :P I don't see that ever happening anyway. Besides, we all know the real ship we should be sailing on is the Faith x Milno. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: July 23, 2012, 06:26:55 pm »

((@Nikitian: Milno never took his helmet off nor has shown his face near Maurice. Actually, he keeps his faceplate [closed] all the time, and the team can't usually see him grinning (they probably are able to tell due to his sarcasm and snarking), so discovering he is young would be troublesome.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:42:11 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: July 23, 2012, 06:28:03 pm »

Doc, you have to convince the shipboard AI, who seems quite apathetic to such things.

However, the shuttle might have something we can use to preserve them, even if it can't take off immediately.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:32:06 pm by PyroDesu »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: July 23, 2012, 06:39:13 pm »

((@Caellath Oh, right. Hmmm, the voice, maybe? Still, I'd better go edit that now, thanks for pointing out.
@SeriousConcentrate That is... very considerable of you. Also, poor Feyri. I'll try to check the body once more, and let me assure you, her, and every other fellow HMRC member who lost something: we will yet give you back your perfectly intact bodies when we get hands on that Organo-tissure Dominator PK amp. I promise. ))
The stasis pods, yes... Hopefully that will do the trick.
Past Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: July 23, 2012, 06:46:26 pm »

((@Nikitian: Since Feyri's body could've been saved (even if a good part of her internals would end up like Thomas') if her heart was reanimated, I'd say we should get her body into stasis as well. I don't think it would be difficult for them to reconnect a head to a body, since they seem to be able to reconstruct spines just fine.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: July 23, 2012, 06:47:33 pm »

((I'll get her body, then. Nik, you take her head, and we'll need someone else to carry gutless Mason.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: July 23, 2012, 06:48:08 pm »

((I can..))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: July 23, 2012, 06:50:46 pm »

(Don't be surprised if i wake up in your arms.)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: July 23, 2012, 06:52:23 pm »

((Then there we go, after next turn, we start hauling the dead/dying/severely injured back to the shuttle. We can deposit samples there, too.))
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 1256