Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944520 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5580 on: July 23, 2012, 02:58:46 am »

((You didn't say a word to Feyri or Faith...))
((Yep.  He didn't say anything because the chances were they (especially Faith) would go "BUT IT WILL WORK, I'LL DO IT ANYWAY", so yes. And Milno had already tried to convince people before to no avail. Frankly, as far as he's concerned, if he's able to finish the mission it's all fine since people would rather be impulsive than ask the guide.))

The team is still the worst hazard.

Edit: Now Faith will look for treasure under the spot the tree was and let Gorat die of bleeding. :P))

((Wait, nobody asked about the tree's composition or what happened upon venturing into the woods?! I thought you all did, hence my action for sampling.))
((I asked the guide and he answered they were not particularly dangerous if handled the right way. You could try catching up to the thread before submitting an action so Feyri won't get crispy again.))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:12:17 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: July 23, 2012, 03:10:31 am »

((You didn't say a word to Feyri or Faith...))
((Yep. He didn't say anything because the chances were they (especially Faith) would go "BUT IT WILL WORK, I'LL DO IT ANYWAY", so yes. And Milno had already tried to convince people before to no avail. Frankly, as far as he's concerned, if he's able to finish the mission it's all fine since people would rather be impulsive than ask the guide.

Edit: Now Faith will look for treasure under the spot the tree was and let Gorat die of bleeding. :P))
((This is largely because Milno just disapproves of everything.))

Faith screamed. Chin's foot, Mason's gut, Feyri's everything... everything just went wrong at once, and she stood helpless a moment trying to figure out who to help first.

Maurice seemed to have Mason, which left Chin and Feyri. Chin was inarguably her fault, but Feyri looked like she had taken a serious blow... perhaps she could heal Chin quickly and then move on to the more complex problem?

See if I can reattach Chin's foot. If not, patch him up so he's not bleeding, wrap the foot so it won't bleed all over the samples and then put it in his bag.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: July 23, 2012, 03:15:22 am »

See if I can reattach Chin's foot.
((I'm expecting a "You press Chin's severed foot against the stump of a leg he has. It doesn't look that effective."  :P

Unless cauterization is used...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: July 23, 2012, 03:16:23 am »

Milno giggled a little as Faith screamed. Now, that was nice.
"Are you trying to pretend you care about anything other than valuables? That is very noble of you!"

His voice reeked of sarcasm.

Sit on the rope/stay near it, watch shenanigans happening.

Avoid shenanigans if they become too dangerous, if needed activate EMM and keep the guide safe.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:30:14 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: July 23, 2012, 03:21:40 am »

See if I can reattach Chin's foot.
((I'm expecting a "You press Chin's severed foot against the stump of a leg he has. It doesn't look that effective."  :P

Unless cauterization is used...))
((I might have sowing tools or a very tight cast. Even reattaching it poorly might be better than not at all.

Or worse, I'm not totally a doctor.))

"Are you trying to pretend you care about anything other than valuables? That is very noble of you!"

Sit on the rope/stay near it, watch shenanigans happening.
((Delicious irony. Unless you're trying to pull a "Don't you see, we're the same! JOIN ME, AND WE CAN RULE THE UNIVERSE!" on me. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: July 23, 2012, 03:25:06 am »

((Delicious irony. Unless you're trying to pull a "Don't you see, we're the same! JOIN ME, AND WE CAN RULE THE UNIVERSE!" on me. :P))
((No. Milno is pulling a "Faith is worthless as always and tries to pretend she isn't".

The problem is that as a medic, the standards you must follow are higher. Milno can admit to caring little about his teammates, but Faith would veemently deny the same question. So Milno would admit to being a terrible person, while Faith is seen by him as a liar and a hypocrite.))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: July 23, 2012, 03:26:26 am »

(( I'd like to ask your opinions on my approach of coping with Mason's problem. How do you think, is there a less brutal way to deal with it?
I think, electroshock or some kind of chemical therapy could stop the growth for now, or the crystal in the guts may actually turn out to be not so lethal - it is just I don't think I was ever taught of how to deal with such things, the weapon being too recently introduced and all.
Also, I checked it, Mason is also a medic. I think he should try assisting me. ...Looks like this is precisely the case when a bunch of people doing an, eh, operation might be better than someone doing it alone. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: July 23, 2012, 03:28:51 am »

((@Nikitian: We never had to deal with crystalline projector wounds before, but if it was me, I'd just get a gauss rifle near the growing crystals and blow them off him.

So basically, yeah, extracting them would be nice, but Maurice has a problem with that. The crystals may actually pass on to him while he tries to cut them off. Destroying them with a firearm is a better option.))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: July 23, 2012, 03:30:03 am »

(( I'd like to ask your opinions on my approach of coping with Mason's problem. How do you think, is there a less brutal way to deal with it?))
((Let him scout ahead. Be the first man out, this is a high-risk//reward deal. He can discover much, with Knight Otu filming, or be a trap-catcher.  :P

Also: Use Feyri's weapons! She has a gauss rifle and a laser rifle!))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: July 23, 2012, 03:33:21 am »

((So Milno would admit to being a terrible person, while Faith is seen by him as a liar and a hypocrite.))
((Exactly. He's saying they're the same. :))))

(( I'd like to ask your opinions on my approach of coping with Mason's problem. How do you think, is there a less brutal way to deal with it?
I think, electroshock or some kind of chemical therapy could stop the growth for now, or the crystal in the guts may actually turn out to be not so lethal - it is just I don't think I was ever taught of how to deal with such things, the weapon being too recently introduced and all.
Also, I checked it, Mason is also a medic. I think he should try assisting me. ...Looks like this is precisely the case when a bunch of people doing an, eh, operation might be better than someone doing it alone. ))
((The problem is that these crystals are extremely poorly understood. I know at least one person did some decent VR testing with them, but we really don't know a lot about them, which means we don't know a lot about how to stop or treat them.

In short, your approach is probably as good as it's going to get. Just remember to cut his head off if disemboweling doesn't work, and you'll have done basically the best we know how.))

((@Nikitian: We never had to deal with crystalline projector wounds before, but if it was me, I'd just get a gauss rifle near the growing crystals and blow them off him.

So basically, yeah, extracting them would be nice, but Maurice has a problem with that. The crystals may actually pass on to him while he tries to cut them off. Destroying them with a firearm is a better option.))
((Oddly enough, this might actually work. Or it might not do anything at all, depending on if shattering the central crystal has any impact on the growth of the whole. Again, our ignorance is rather problematic.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: July 23, 2012, 03:44:17 am »

Charro was watching with interest as Travis gave Mason a blast from his... Weird crystal-shooty-gun-thing.
As such he wasn't paying much attention to the others, and jumped in surprise as Faith dropped a tree on the cameraman. He frowned.
'Things are starting to go a little badly--' Just as that thought was going through his head, Feyri suddenly spasmed and collapsed.

"Oh god! What are you all doing?! What-I- Oh jeez." Charro grimaced, then walked cautiously over to stare at Maurice trying to help Mason. "Er, shouldn't you be helping her...?" He nodded towards Feyri. "Going in order of potential usefulness, you know? That guy did just try to get us all killed, after all."
He turned slowly around, surveying the carnage, then shook his head and headed back over to Conrad. There wasn't a lot he could do for anyone, so he may as well keep an eye on the guide.
'Okay, maybe more than a little.'

>Protect Conrad from our stupidity/vicious creatures of the unknown!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: July 23, 2012, 03:49:21 am »

((Exactly. He's saying they're the same. :))))
((I think they are terrible people in different ways, so not exactly. :P))
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: July 23, 2012, 03:52:41 am »

((@Caellath Hence I am not going anywhere near the crystal growth with my Instrument, I am cutting precisely good and sound flesh to secure the contaminated part. Possibly a good chunk of that perfectly healthy flesh. Which is exactly what I (both player and character) am sad about in what I am about to do.
Also, I am a fleshtech, I don't have a single skill point in conventional weapons, which means I would have the -2 bonus if I tried to use a gun. I'll better trust the life of my patient into the hands of medicine.

@all Thank you for your advice! ))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:57:48 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: July 23, 2012, 04:01:20 am »

((Also, I am a fleshtech, I don't have a single skill point in conventional weapons, which means I would have the -2 bonus if I tried to use a gun. I'll better trust the life of my patient into the hands of medicine.))
((I know of the fleshtechs' problems with conventional weaponry, but there are mercenaries around for that if you happen to need them.))
>Yes?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: July 23, 2012, 04:17:23 am »

Simus puts her cybernetic hand to good use, cradling the right side of her helmet in it. ((I would say facepalm, but I know PW would roll for that. I know he would...))

That's two candidates already for the doctors on the ship to have to piece back together, and one guy with a much more minor wound. We haven't even passed the second waypoint yet.

I don't think there's much to be done for the one who was, shockingly ((Pun 100% intended)), fried when she attempted to cut down a metal tree with an electric sword. As for Mr. Bad-Idea, I don't think you'll want to be handling that crystal, Doctor. Those things continue to grow once they impact, and I don't want you to have to have it removed from you, too, because I doubt it'd be clean. Better to either decapitate him now and save his brains, what few he has, or get that crystal off by proxy. How to do that without killing him anyways, I don't know. As for the cameraman, someone else should take the camera for now, but otherwise, he should be alright, once one of the medic personalities with a medical kit gets to him.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:19:06 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 1256