Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943363 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5550 on: July 22, 2012, 11:32:21 pm »

((Well, this should be interesting. Let's see how many people Mason manages to take with him. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5551 on: July 22, 2012, 11:42:25 pm »

((All the fun happens when I'm inactive...buh. Also, token monopoly on samples!

Can anyone give a short description of what everyone else is doing, if possible?))

"Why is everyone trying to kill each other before we've even reached the dangerous parts?

"Mason, why don't you volunteer to be our vanguard. Maybe then, your expertise would have it's effect."

Feyri shifted her comm channel to Milno and Faith. "What is going on, and why do I feel a sense of insubordination in our ranks? People just won't shoot at each other for these occurrences."

Take part of the tree trunk bark by tesla cutting - Turn the knob to 20 degrees. Avoid any mishaps that would part my body in pieces. Store tree part in container when safe.

Have Chin film this, too.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:48:07 am by Tiruin »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5552 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:14 am »

(( And then Tiruin complained about the lack of Fun during her activity time, and decided to create some of her own. Thus she tried cutting a metallic tree with an electro-sword while the group was standing tightly grouped in the dense forest of said trees. Such opportunities for area damage don't present themselves too often! :P

Also, Mason is trying to set a 'tree' on fire, about half of the group is backing off from the manipulator in Mason's hands, the other half standing there idly, waiting for the inevitable to happen, Travis is trying to shoot Mason, Maurice is treating Thomas's hand and trying to stop Travis from killing anyone, May's taking soil samples, Milno and Faith (gosh! they cannot come together in the same sentence!) are taking more of razor-y branches samples, Milno is trying to move the guide safely ahead of the team, Faith and Simus are trying to cut down the metal trees with their monoatomic razors, Feyri... you know. Oh, and Gorat is filming. Just as ever. I believe that summarises this round actions.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5553 on: July 23, 2012, 01:09:54 am »

((You forgot tragedy is bound to happen soon at this rate. I think Mason won't live much long...))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5554 on: July 23, 2012, 01:14:51 am »

(( And then Tiruin complained about the lack of Fun during her activity time, and decided to create some of her own. Thus she tried cutting a metallic tree with an electro-sword while the group was standing tightly grouped in the dense forest of said trees. Such opportunities for area damage don't present themselves too often! :P
((The tree is metallic?!  :o))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5555 on: July 23, 2012, 01:23:52 am »

((@Caellath Hmmm, sort of. Well, there is also that plan Milno proposed about jumping on Mason and taking the manipulator off his hands as soon as he finishes his current experiment. If everything goes smoothly, he has good chances of surviving.

@Tiruin
... "wood" which has the consistency of pure metallic sodium.
))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5556 on: July 23, 2012, 01:28:29 am »

@Tiruin
... "wood" which has the consistency of pure metallic sodium.
))
((FFFFF- Highly reactive!

Erp.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5557 on: July 23, 2012, 01:31:27 am »

((Oh wow. We have Travis firing at a team mate while Maurice is trying to stop him. We have Mason trying to melt a tree. We have Faith trying to cut down a razor sharp tree, potentially falling on someone. We have Feyri trying to electrocute a metal tree, which may I mention that the branches branch out and get increasingly small. So the current could be carried from tree to tree, as we don't know how far the branches go. Along with a plethora of other dangerous actions.

Something tells me the reason why Piecewise is not updating is not, because he's in Canada, but because he's trying to figure out the best way to cause as much mayhem and destruction as possible))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5558 on: July 23, 2012, 01:34:03 am »

((Oh wow. We have Travis firing at a team mate while Maurice is trying to stop him. We have Mason trying to melt a tree. We have Faith trying to cut down a razor sharp tree, potentially falling on someone. We have Feyri trying to electrocute a metal tree, which may I mention that the branches branch out and get increasingly small. So the current could be carried from tree to tree, as we don't know how far the branches go. Along with a plethora of other dangerous actions.

Something tells me the reason why Piecewise is not updating is not, because he's in Canada, but because he's trying to figure out the best way to cause as much mayhem and destruction as possible))
((I'm glad I know my chemistry. Hello conductive trees! Good thing nobody is holding pieces in their hands!))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5559 on: July 23, 2012, 01:36:40 am »

((I'm glad I know my chemistry. Hello conductive trees! Good thing nobody is holding pieces in their hands!))
(( Oh wait! Shi- ))
Past Sigs

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5560 on: July 23, 2012, 01:37:42 am »

"You know, I'd be perfectly surprised if these trees light up like a firework when I cut em."

((Sodium-type vapor lamps, anyone?  :P
Also, why doesn't anyone wet the trees? They need water.  ;D ))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:39:25 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: July 23, 2012, 01:39:04 am »

((People are holding pieces of trees in their hands and some of them are poking the trees. Ok, Feyri may be a casualty after she accidentally kills part of the team.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: July 23, 2012, 01:40:43 am »

((People are holding pieces of trees in their hands and some of them are poking the trees. Ok, Feyri may be a casualty after she accidentally kills part of the team.))
((Nope.

While Sodium is a conductor, know that unless in pure form, it won't conduct electricity that well. Also, Add water + trees everyone!))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: July 23, 2012, 01:44:37 am »

(I feel like there should be a mildly ironic drumroll leading up to the next turn.  Slapstick sound effects optional.)

edit: (I'm now imagining slide whistles and sad trombones as every single member of the squad epically fails.  Then all the consequences heterodyne and everybody dies except for the guide, who just shakes his head, sighs, and heads home, leaving ten mangled corpses behind him.  Wait, no.  He understates something, possibly with a stereotyped accent, possibly a catchphrase ("Ay caramba, rookies, eh!"), before turning his back to the camera and walking away.  The shot freezes, the text "Einsteinian Roulette!" flashes on the screen in yellow, and the credits roll as the studio audience laughs and cheers.

Wow, glad I got that bizarre tangent out of my system.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:53:07 am by Remalle »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: July 23, 2012, 01:47:29 am »

((I just realized, blood has water in it. And there's going to be a lot of blood in a moment))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 1256