Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943405 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5520 on: July 22, 2012, 10:38:20 am »

Safe distance. Film.

"Neither did I give permission, and I'm pretty sure Milno is our senior in missions."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: July 22, 2012, 10:39:43 am »

Charro frowned. 'Oh great, I should probably try and stop him... Ehh.'
He took a few steps back from where Mason was readying his amplifier, making calming gestures.
"If I might make a suggestion; Perhaps you should do that somewhere a little further from the path this time? So as not to destroy any more lamps and leave us stranded?"

>Back away from the madman, encouraging others to do the same.
"Unless someone feels like stopping him, we should really keep a safe distance. Oh, can someone grab me a branch, by the way?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: July 22, 2012, 10:51:48 am »

"Gorat said something first.He said nothing about not doing it.....blame him!"
"Acting like a spoiled 'special' child won't help your case."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: July 22, 2012, 11:21:16 am »

"Remember when I said I would shoot you if you tried it again? I'm not lieing. You're endangering the mission for some stupid reason. What could we possibly gain from heating a tree, and possibly melting it?

Conrad, get away from this idiot. I'd rather not have you knocked down a third time and potentially permanently"

Travis levels his Crystalline Projector at Mason, his body motionless, daring him to try it. In his army, incompetence meant execution

((Can we give Mason a chance to change his action if he wants? I'd rather not have to shoot him if he forgot))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 11:26:29 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: July 22, 2012, 11:28:52 am »

((Give him a chance to give up. The only reason I won't charge in and rip the manipulator off his wrist right now is because Milno could accidentally make things worse, like making Mason misstype something and press execute.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: July 22, 2012, 11:31:36 am »

"Shoot me if you want, I'm doing this."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: July 22, 2012, 11:36:37 am »

A cold edge enters Travis's voice, all traces of his former anger evaporated

"If you insist"

Travis tries to get an angle where he won't hit one of his other team mates, aims at Mason's torso, and pulls the trigger
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: July 22, 2012, 11:37:15 am »

Mason dodges and then sets fire to the tree.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: July 22, 2012, 11:39:34 am »

Actually, we might get to know its inner structure. I'd rather not try hacking down the tree with the Instrument, so if he wants to chance sacrificing his life in the name of science - well, it isn't something we have to interfere with, as long as he doesn't intend to do harm to others at the same time.

Just don't overdo it, okay?

Administer aid to Thomas; make sure we are somewhat away from Mason when he conducts the experiment. (Use the medi-foam from cans before other expendable things from the kit, unless doing so would waste too much of the substance to achieve the same effect.)

(( 'nicked the suit' - does it mean that it was breached? Asking because I'd rather not start losing my air and breathing this atmosphere. ))

((ninja'd! Also, my character totally understands Travis right now, but I'm not sure I should do anything.
EDIT: Well...))
Seeing the strange weapon that unnerved Maurice aim for Mason, doctor Sanctor went for it immediately, interrupting whatever he was doing at the moment.
Don't!..
Push the gun's 'barrel' towards the ground to throw the aim off Mason, but not endanger anyone else. (Then proceed with treating Thomas.)
You may kill him later if you want, but he isn't that dangerous to us now - not if we back off enough this time. Also, honestly, I don't like the look of this weapon. It strikes me as something even more lethal than the conventional gauss or laser weapons. For all I know the wounds dealt by it might be untreatable.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:29:47 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: July 22, 2012, 11:53:53 am »

(Thanks Nik :))
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5530 on: July 22, 2012, 11:56:26 am »

Get away from Mr. Bad idea.

If you're going to do that, get yourself a glowstick, got off of the path using it to stay connected, and go to the edge of the light it makes. If you damage the path again, not only will the guy with the crystalline projector have shot you, but I've no doubt several of us would like to take that manipulator away. Count me among that number, but right now I'm not going for another scuffle.

To Doc Sanctor:

Let's get as far away from this moron as we can. In the meantime, I might be able to get a core sample like that with my wristblade.

Attempt to cut through a tree to the middle with my wristblade, then carve up and back out the same way I came for a core sample. Make sure the carved-out half is facing away from the group.

Also, does anyone else think that these trees look less like trees and more like... crystals of some sort?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 10:10:57 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: July 22, 2012, 12:01:47 pm »

Also, does anyone else think that these trees look less like trees and more like... crystals of some sort?
"Well, yes. I haven't said so outright, but that's about what I meant when I said that they don't grow like flora in our reality. Plus the... fractal structure..."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: July 22, 2012, 12:20:36 pm »

Milno watches as Travis levels his projector at Mason. The latter probably has good chunks of his brain missing never to return, but using a crystalline projector in that environment, when there are several teammates nearby, is obviously a bad idea.
"Hey loner. Don't shoot him right now. I don't care if he dies, but the team is too close, and if you miss, you'll hit other members and maybe even the old grumpy man. And even if you shoot him, he'll probably have already did his stuff or do it while the crystal grows.

If you want to kill him, save it for later. Let's allow him to make his move for now or we may accidentally make it worse: if we by mistake make him execute or misstype something, we'll have to share the guilt with him. But after he finishes his next possible disaster, we should pin him down and take away his toy.

You do remember what happened the last time you decided to ignore what the team said."

((If anyone decides to change their actions, remember that cancelled actions have to be obviously cancelled by the way (strikethrough).))
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:28:43 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: July 22, 2012, 12:29:03 pm »

(( @anaileater Thanks, but...
[Maurice Dex: 1]
[Travis Con: 2+1+2]
[Mason End:1]
With the aim precisely adjusted by Maurice's move, Travis's shot strikes true and goes straight for Mason's brain. Ow, this one is messy.
  :D ))
"Well, yes. I haven't said so outright, but that's about what I meant when I said that they don't grow like flora in our reality. Plus the... fractal structure..."
Actually, the 'flora in our reality' also adheres to the fractal structure, if I recall it correctly. Well, maybe less much than this one, but still.
And the 'wood' here is actually some kind of metal, I think. I don't remember if there exist metal crystals back in the outer world, but these trees certainly don't look like they could happen randomly; they have some kind of structure to them, yes, and either they are crystals, or something else... well, why not - some kind of metalorganics?

[private channel to Simus] Sure. Also, that would be most kind of you, for I'm afraid the Instrument won't be able to cut that deep.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: July 22, 2012, 12:40:34 pm »

Most metals form crystals quite readily in the regular world, as polycrystallines. Most materials do it, period. Rocks, ceramics, metals, even ice. They don't make one large crystal, but lots and lots of small ones that form the entire mass. This is another interesting thing, these are much larger than any single metallic crystal should be. Although, they do remind of Bismuth in particular, with these fractal patterns...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:45:46 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1256