Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942170 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5490 on: July 21, 2012, 07:36:36 pm »

((Pretty sure he's just not wearing his helmet, having taken it off to eat sand and all.

In related news, I probably should have just left the rock there, then had the whole group drag it in one lump out with us on the way back. On the other hand, we may be laden with different samples and comrade parts by then.))

"He's probably just having trouble breathing the thin atmosphere," Faith said to Thomas. "He'll be fine once he gets his helmet back on."

Faith then turned back to Conrad.

"What effects are those? Would it be alright if we started cutting off or digging out samples?"

Continue on to forest. Inspect forest, including ground.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: July 21, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »

Travis motions at Mason

"He's been acting weird since he went wandering out in the dark, while you were knocked out. Now he's feeling sick. I can't say he didn't contract something out there, whether alive or inanimate.

Of course, he could have always been weird. I just met him.

Anyway, you mentioned you shot the lighteater. Did it only anger it, or could you perceive that you caused damage to its form?"

After asking, Travis stops and looks into the darkness, staying in the light bubble. He does this so he doesn't accidentally blind someone. He starts going through his suit settings, to see if he can adjust the brightness of his lamps
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: July 21, 2012, 08:12:10 pm »

While he waits for someone to check on Mason, Thomas turns to look at Conrad.
"What exactly are the effects? Most of us here are a little unpredictable, so the more info I can get, the better."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: July 21, 2012, 08:23:57 pm »

Psychllogically profile Conrad.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: July 21, 2012, 08:57:36 pm »

(I'm not sure whether I want TCM to succeed or fail on that one. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5495 on: July 21, 2012, 09:01:55 pm »

"Guys i don't feel to good."
Check helmet i'm sure i have it on, if not put it on. Also get some rocks too.
You put your helmet back on. Ah, that's better.

Perform medical check on Mason.
Also, listen to the surroundings. Does anything sound out of place, such as noises of something big walking around coming from outside the light tunnel?
If something does, ask the guide:
Is that one of those Stiltwalkers? Also, just how dangerous are those?
[med:4+1]
In your professional medical opinion, he was, until just recently, suffering from a lack of helmet.

You don't hear anything in particular, but then again everyone is talking and moving around so it's kinda hard to hear anything but them.

Charro coughed slightly, a bit embarassed. That... Hadn't come out quite the way he'd intended. He decided to leave the poor old man alone, instead moving along closer to the middle of the group. He blamed it on all the cranial trauma he'd received last mission! Yes sir, it was terrible what dying and being brought back to life once already slightly mushy could to do a person's speech abilities.

'Maybe I can make it up to him up by, uh...' Charro frowned thoughtfully, hands in pockets as he walked along. '...Removing Mason's arms? No, that wouldn't work. I should bake him a cake, maybe...'
Such deep thoughts tormented young Charro as he strolled along with the others.
>Follow the group.
You follow along behind Conard as the team moves into the forest.

((Pretty sure he's just not wearing his helmet, having taken it off to eat sand and all.

In related news, I probably should have just left the rock there, then had the whole group drag it in one lump out with us on the way back. On the other hand, we may be laden with different samples and comrade parts by then.))

"He's probably just having trouble breathing the thin atmosphere," Faith said to Thomas. "He'll be fine once he gets his helmet back on."

Faith then turned back to Conrad.

"What effects are those? Would it be alright if we started cutting off or digging out samples?"

Continue on to forest. Inspect forest, including ground.

"Distortion in sound for one." Conrad says, his voice suddenly much deeper inside the Forest, "Gravity fluctuates between .8 and 1.2 Gs, you may notice the light bubbles expand and contract slightly. It's all minor and not dangerous."

You run ahead of the group and take a quick look at the "trees" and the ground. The ground is pretty much exactly the same as before, white sand. The trees, if you can call them that, are something different all together. First, you have no idea what they're made of but it looks almost like graphite; a dull, blackish gray, and smooth substance. The "trunk" is a perfectly symmetrical octagonal rod which branches into 8 equally spaced, equally symmetrical branches. The branches are all made of up of an identical, insanely complex, fractal shape that stretches down till it disappears into imperceptibly tiny forms. The branches themselves are wafer thin, so thin in fact that they seem to vanish if viewed from the right angle. Each tree around you has a different pattern in the branches, but they all conform to the same basic structure.

Travis motions at Mason

"He's been acting weird since he went wandering out in the dark, while you were knocked out. Now he's feeling sick. I can't say he didn't contract something out there, whether alive or inanimate.

Of course, he could have always been weird. I just met him.

Anyway, you mentioned you shot the lighteater. Did it only anger it, or could you perceive that you caused damage to its form?"

After asking, Travis stops and looks into the darkness, staying in the light bubble. He does this so he doesn't accidentally blind someone. He starts going through his suit settings, to see if he can adjust the brightness of his lamps

"If I hurt it I couldn't tell. Hell, I'm not even sure I angered it. I shot it, it took my arm and left."

[aux:1]
You poke around in the settings till you find the brightness modifier. You set it to 300%. Your lights glow very bright for an instant before they short out. Oh.

While he waits for someone to check on Mason, Thomas turns to look at Conrad.
"What exactly are the effects? Most of us here are a little unpredictable, so the more info I can get, the better."
We'll assume you heard him when he told faith.

Psychllogically profile Conrad.
[Intuition:1]

Wait a minute...he has one arm...HE'S A SLOT MACHINE!

The group continues into the Dead Forest, staying close together save for Faith who runs ahead like an excited schoolgirl on a nature hike. The path opens up a great deal here; lanterns and rope light have been laid or wrapped around trees off to either side, expanding the path out to more then 30 meters across in some places. The strange black trees reach to no more then 3 meters tall and give the impression of walking amongst of forest of antennas.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: July 21, 2012, 09:05:31 pm »

"Would you prefer we take samples from where there's already light or move further out?" Faith asked Conrad. "Unless there's some reason we can't or shouldn't cut one of them down or maybe dig one up or something."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: July 21, 2012, 09:30:29 pm »

Thomas searches the area for fallen twigs or logs. If he can't find any, he just breaks a twig off. If he finds a fallen log, he places it in the center of the path.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: July 21, 2012, 09:33:06 pm »

I back that assertion of yours, miss. Mason will be alright now that his helmet is back on.

Okay, time for samples. Actually, I'm not sure if trying to cut the 'wood' with a monoatomic razor would or would not be a good idea. On the one hand, it is unadvised to use it on volatile substances, to which the regular wood nearly belongs, and on the other hand, Conrad said nothing burns here - which might or might not lead to the wire in the razors dulling, or, worse, tearing.
Take two samples of the soil, of the air, and of the tree branches as well as bits of the trunks (use the Instrument, but don't cut too deep for it to dull). Give one of each to Simus.
Here you are. The backing up procedure in process. Maurice lightly chuckles.

Does anyone else want me to cut him some of this 'wood'?
Give more of the wood samples to those who want them.
Saying that, Maurice slightly rolled his eyes in the anticipation of the inevitable Milno's comment.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:38:31 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: July 21, 2012, 09:35:17 pm »

"I'll take some samples please."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: July 21, 2012, 09:39:47 pm »

Sure. I have no problems with that.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: July 21, 2012, 10:01:52 pm »

Milno shrugs, looking around the "forest" and directing a question at their guide.
"Is it dangerous to cut parts or take samples from these 'trees' as far as you know?"

Also, examine the gifted gauntlet. Move a few feet from the team but still over or near the rope and the lights, then try to will the metal into forming sharp talons at the tip of its fingers, to see if it works. Keep it pointed away from the group.

I suspect that gauntlet may work by taking shape according to the desire of the wielder. Not sure, though.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:22:49 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: July 21, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »

To Sanctor: Thank you, I would appreciate it if you transmitted Milno's actually useful remarks to me. And thank you for the samples.

Take the samples Maurice got for me, Keep following the guide.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:52:48 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: July 21, 2012, 10:17:32 pm »

"Hmm, I'll take a branch, if it isn't too much trouble," Charro said.
He had to remind himself to keep an eye out for anything that could be worth a few tokens... And even if it wasn't, maybe he could make something out of it. He squinted through the surrounding trees uneasily.
'Nothing's gone (too badly) wrong so far, but this place gives me the creeps.'
>Request a branch, watch the trees nervously for any signs of life.
>Whilst following, naturally.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: July 21, 2012, 10:24:47 pm »

Bah. Stupid suit. Why do they give complex systems to inmates and don't even bother to include a manual!?

Meh.

"Hey team, I was tinkering with my lamps and I short circuited them. Anyone here good with machines and could take a look at it"?

While waiting for a response, Travis cleared away the sand right next to one of the trees. Do the trees simply go into the sandstone? Was the sand deeper?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:30:18 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 1256