Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940670 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5460 on: July 21, 2012, 10:45:54 am »

"We've seen the shades, you described Lighteater and the Stiltwalkers. But you also mentioned a wyrm..."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: July 21, 2012, 10:51:11 am »

Feyri jogged up to Milno's side. "Is it just me, or do I not see any moon or nearby star for light?
Milno smiles mischievously as he walks with Feyri nearby.
"Your memory is either very selective or it does not work at all. Do you remember what the guide told us about how light works in here?"

He watches Simus straddling Mason with curious amusement.

"It seems we have a new couple emerging this mission. Hey guys, do it back in the ship. We still have a mission to finish."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: July 21, 2012, 10:57:20 am »

Feyri jogged up to Milno's side. "Is it just me, or do I not see any moon or nearby star for light?
Milno smiles mischievously as he walks with Feyri nearby.
"Your memory is either very selective or it does not work at all. Do you remember what the guide told us about how light works in here?"
Feyri chuckled at his reply, "Well, I know how that works, but what is strange is on how everything else senses us. We dwell in the light, they do not, and some of them particularly the shades, appear corporeal in nature.

"Perhaps it may be just our perspective?"

She checked her rifles to be sure of their position while holding up the shield, "It doesn't hurt to be curious. And on that note, how would one with a mass manipulation amp work on the objects that are outside of our vision bubble?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: July 21, 2012, 11:01:02 am »

Sever radio communications with Milno only, and only incoming transmissions from him.

To Milno: Keep it up all you like, I cannot hear you.

General Radio: Conrad, can we replace these glowsticks with lanterns or somesuch before we head off. I don't want us to be on our way back and there be a hole in the path. I didn't want to take any of your Lanterns before you woke up to do so myself.

Reestablish path with permanent lanterns, if he gives them. If they aren't needed, follow him on established path.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: July 21, 2012, 11:33:56 am »

Check MFM ammunition, and visible surroundings.

And get rock.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:00:35 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: July 21, 2012, 11:36:04 am »

Mason checks the guide for a concussion.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: July 21, 2012, 11:52:00 am »

"Faith, that's a bit too big for retrieval.  Well, at least we know the rock goes pretty far down everywhere. The Fall will give us a good look at the rock layers when we get there. Anyway, do you mind cutting that down to size so several of us can carry it?"

Travis turned toward the guide

"Oh good, you're awake. Had me worried. Anyway, about those stilt walkers. You say they're like 90 meters tall. How do you know that? Did you find one laying down?

Also, have you had any situations where a spirit or something 'infects' someone and starts influencing their actions?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: July 21, 2012, 12:19:10 pm »

Milno interlocks his fingers whilst grinning at Simus' bout.
"...Excellent."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: July 21, 2012, 12:24:46 pm »

Milno interlocks his fingers whilst grinning at Simus' butt.
"...Excellent."

((Ftfy.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: July 21, 2012, 12:30:46 pm »

(( Uh, I don't suppose to retcon it, but let us say I have my faceplate up from now on?))
Thank goodness you are alright. We were starting to worry.
Then Maurice turns from the guide to Simus and Mason, his expression turning to somewhat puzzled.
...Is everything okay?
Help the guide get up, then proceed to help Simus and Mason.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: July 21, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »

((Out of the Internet for some hours.))

"They are just having some intimate fun."
>Yes?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: July 21, 2012, 01:06:53 pm »

To Milino "Hey i was trying to be the crap out of him, it's him who was getting "intimate"heh" He ends the sentence with a small smile,
He then says to the Guide "It was my fault that you got nocked out, i had a bout of idiocy, the least i could do is make sure your medically fine now, so just relax while i check."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: July 21, 2012, 01:26:42 pm »

I'm fine, just a literal Freudian slip.

Milno, the man who cannot tell when a cigar really it just a cigar, is probably having a field day with it. And he'll probably have a field day with that. I don't care, I've blocked his radio so he can hear me, but not the reverse.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: July 21, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »

"Sure," Faith said to Travis, already working on the rock sample.

"And, I'm really sorry about that, Mr. Conrad. It was just a slight weapons malfunction, it won't happen again. At least not while you're still with us.

And Chin, could you tell me how that footage came out? I couldn't see it due to... well, being the light source. ...also I hate to impose, but could you help carry my samples?"

Cut rock sample into several portable (fist-sized?) chunks. Take two chunks for myself, slip one twice the size into Chin's bag, and make sure there's at least one for Travis.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5474 on: July 21, 2012, 03:05:02 pm »

"Sound is unaffected. As for that round, I just hope it hits solid ground.

"Conrad, a ball of fire just imploded and it's force struck us all. No sign of heat dispersion though, do you know how Lighteater ate your arm? Did it...go near you and engage at close range, or something else?"

Ask.

Conrad turns back and looks at you while he speaks. He doesn't look very happy about being blown up.

"It used it's mouth."

>Follow! Attempt to make some light conversation to cheer the poor guy up.
>Making sure not to mention arms, siblings or madness-inducing extra-dimensional horrors.
[speech:1]
"So this place ate your brothers and killed your arm eh? Man thats gotta suck. Why do you keep coming back here anyways? Are you just like, stupid or something? You must be. And not like normal stupid. Like...poo brain stupid. Was your brain in that arm you lost? Maybe it was. Maybe."

Conrad doesn't respond. How rude!

"We've seen the shades, you described Lighteater and the Stiltwalkers. But you also mentioned a wyrm..."

"I don't know what it looks like, but I've heard it and felt it before. And it's big. It crawled past this path more then once and followed me for days. I'm not sure what it was after, but it never got close enough for me to light it up."

Sever radio communications with Milno only, and only incoming transmissions from him.

To Milno: Keep it up all you like, I cannot hear you.

General Radio: Conrad, can we replace these glowsticks with lanterns or somesuch before we head off. I don't want us to be on our way back and there be a hole in the path. I didn't want to take any of your Lanterns before you woke up to do so myself.

Reestablish path with permanent lanterns, if he gives them. If they aren't needed, follow him on established path.

"I'll be coming back before you do; I'll light it on the way back. Best not to waste lanterns on something small like that on the way out, we may have a greater need for them later. "

Check MFM ammunition, and visible surroundings.
Lets see here...17 charges left in the MFM, and visible surroundings are made up of...Thomas, 9 other people, sand, a rope, some wooden poles on which lanterns are hung and thats about it for...oh...as far as you can see.

Mason checks the guide for a concussion.
[med:5+1]
Rather then ask conrad to stop a moment and submit to a quick medical test, you leap out in front of him while screaming "CAUTION! HEAD INJURY RISK!". You then proceed to tackle him to the ground, straddle his chest and check if his eyes are reactive by staring directly into them for a straight 10 seconds, your face maybe a half inch from his.

He growls "Get off me." through clenched teeth.

"Faith, that's a bit too big for retrieval.  Well, at least we know the rock goes pretty far down everywhere. The Fall will give us a good look at the rock layers when we get there. Anyway, do you mind cutting that down to size so several of us can carry it?"

Travis turned toward the guide

"Oh good, you're awake. Had me worried. Anyway, about those stilt walkers. You say they're like 90 meters tall. How do you know that? Did you find one laying down?

Also, have you had any situations where a spirit or something 'infects' someone and starts influencing their actions?"

Conrad seems a bit busy with Mason...

(( Uh, I don't suppose to retcon it, but let us say I have my faceplate up from now on?))
Thank goodness you are alright. We were starting to worry.
Then Maurice turns from the guide to Simus and Mason, his expression turning to somewhat puzzled.
...Is everything okay?
Help the guide get up, then proceed to help Simus and Mason.
(I just assumed everyone got up and started walking already. Sorry if thats not clear. Of course now mason is back down on the ground with someone else. He's insatiable!)

To Milino "Hey i was trying to be the crap out of him, it's him who was getting "intimate"heh" He ends the sentence with a small smile,
He then says to the Guide "It was my fault that you got nocked out, i had a bout of idiocy, the least i could do is make sure your medically fine now, so just relax while i check."
(Hint: Pyro's character is female.)

"Sure," Faith said to Travis, already working on the rock sample.

"And, I'm really sorry about that, Mr. Conrad. It was just a slight weapons malfunction, it won't happen again. At least not while you're still with us.

And Chin, could you tell me how that footage came out? I couldn't see it due to... well, being the light source. ...also I hate to impose, but could you help carry my samples?"

Cut rock sample into several portable (fist-sized?) chunks. Take two chunks for myself, slip one twice the size into Chin's bag, and make sure there's at least one for Travis.
[aux:4+1]
You hack the rock up into perfectly sized sections and hand them out to anyone who  wants a sample.

You all made it another half mile before Mason tackled Conrad to the ground which kinda halted the march.

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1256